Can God rescue a soul from hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no rules God has to follow that declare he is forbidden from rescuing a soul from hell.

God can toss paper into a fire, wait till it turns to Ash, then turn it back into paper. He made man out of dust after all.

I discovered that the scriptures that say all shall be saved outnumber the scriptures that speak of eternal damnation.

So who is being biblical...the one who speaks of eternal damnation or the one who believes all shall be purified? Both.... But the one who says all shall be saved has more scriptures to support him/her.

Here are a few:

John 12:32 ESV /

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

1 Corinthians 15:22

For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Peter 4:6 ESV /

For this is why the gospel was preached even to those who are dead, that though judged in the flesh the way people are, they might live in the spirit the way God does.

Isaiah 25:6-8 ESV /

On this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well refined. And he will swallow up on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken."

Yes, sinners are tossed into a lake of fire, but God is a consuming fire scripture says. God speaks of purifying his people as gold is refined in a furnace. God could use the lake of fire to purify and remold people. God can do whatever he wants to.

An intercessor can even get God to change his mind.

Exodus 32:14 Yahweh repented of the evil which he said he would do to his people.

There are no rules God has to follow. An intercessor can stop God from doing what he says he will do. It's biblical.

If a mother in heaven is sad that her son is in hell , and she begs God night and day for her son to be purified, and her son truly repents, there aren't any rules that tell God he can't answer her prayers. Hells doors are locked perhaps, but God has the keys. ;)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Trump0101

What I have understood is that we are really in hell now. God can and will rescue us from this hell. He sent His Son down to this hell on our behalf for that purpose.

The only rules God has to follow are His own Word. In that Word He has given men choices to make. If they make the wrong choices they receive the curses invoked. If they make the right choices, they receive the blessings invoked.

Of course a problem for every one of us is how well do we understand His Word and apply His Word to ourselves. If may well be written, but if we are led by our brain alone, we will NOT understand what is written. Talk to a well studied in the Bible atheist for confirmation of this.

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!" Psalm 119:4-5

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Prov 3:5-6

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Reactions: 101G and Pisteuo

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no rules God has to follow that declare he is forbidden from rescuing a soul from hell.

God is not arbitary, nor does he move the goal posts. He has said that we are saved through faith in Jesus's death and resurrection.
He has also said that we make this choice in this life.
Hebrews. 'it is given to men Once to die, and then comes judgement.'
and 2 cor 'Now is the day of salvation.'

There is an urgency in all gospel preaching because there is no other way of salvation.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, sinners are tossed into a lake of fire, but God is a consuming fire scripture says. God speaks of purifying his people as gold is refined in a furnace. God could use the lake of fire to purify and remold people. God can do whatever he wants to.

FIRST THANKS FOR YOUR POST. second the lake of fire is a no return ticket. but hell is a different story. yes/and no. this is why he died and rose, Listen Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living". but, Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell".

third, the refiner fire. this fire is not physical. yes, this fire destroys the dross of sin on your heart. scripture, Jeremiah 5:14 "Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them". see Rev 11:5

now as to an intercessor can even get God to change his mind. yes, and no with a time limit. let's check the record. Jeremiah 7:15 "And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim. 16 "Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee". this is the first place where #1. God told a prophet (here Jeremiah) not to pray for the people. #2. nor to make intercession. well you can kick that bucket down the road.

understand God can do whatever he wants to do, I agree. but if there is something that he going to do, he have a will also. and intercession want change it. now according to James, 5:16 "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much". not to the point of overcoming God's will. yes, prayer changes thing, but not God Will if he don't want to.

PCY.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God can toss paper into a fire, wait till it turns to Ash, then turn it back into paper. He made man out of dust after all.

I discovered that the scriptures that say all shall be saved outnumber the scriptures that speak of eternal damnation.

So who is being biblical...the one who speaks of eternal damnation or the one who believes all shall be purified? Both.... But the one who says all shall be saved has more scriptures to support him/her.

Here are a few:

John 12:32 ESV /

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

1 Corinthians 15:22

For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Peter 4:6 ESV /

For this is why the gospel was preached even to those who are dead, that though judged in the flesh the way people are, they might live in the spirit the way God does.

Isaiah 25:6-8 ESV /

On this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well refined. And he will swallow up on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken."

Exodus 32:14 Yahweh repented of the evil which he said he would do to his people.

There are no rules God has to follow. An intercessor can stop God from doing what he says he will do. It's biblical.

If a mother in heaven is sad that her son is in hell , and she begs God night and day for her son to be purified, and her son truly repents, there aren't any rules that tell God he can't answer her prayers. Hells doors are locked perhaps, but God has the keys. ;)

"Can God rescue a soul from hell?"
what do you think is going on now with the gospel?

and something else you probably don't get is when God gives His Word then He is bound to fulfill it, because He is Righteous, Honorable, faithful, and it is His nature to keep His Word. concepts you might not understand.

so now is the time to be saved from hell, not later.

Reactions: Truth

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany

and something else you probably don't get is when God gives His Word then He is bound to fulfill it, because He is Righteous, Honorable, faithful, and it is His nature to keep His Word. concepts you might not understand.

"If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there." (Psalm 139:8)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is a false scenario. Those who go to Heaven will not be sad concerning those of their family who didn't. We will know as we are known. If a family member here on earth did not make it to heaven, we will know that God is just and the family member did not belong in Heaven. And the last person you want in Heaven is one who rejected Jesus Christ on earth.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a false scenario. Those who go to Heaven will not be sad concerning those of their family who didn't. We will know as we are known. If a family member here on earth did not make it to heaven, we will know that God is just and the family member did not belong in Heaven. And the last person you want in Heaven is one who rejected Jesus Christ on earth.

Stranger

I don't believe any of us will have even that much 'knowing' I am not even convinced we will 'know' anyone!
" Knowing no man after the flesh.."

People say they have died and come back...and saw their family member etc...and I am sure that they did, but I am just as sure that they did not "die" and go to Heaven.. The bible speaks of more than one heaven...The Heaven of Heavens where God's throne is will be totally different.

But, that is just my two cents...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe any of us will have even that much 'knowing' I am not even convinced we will 'know' anyone!

People say they have died and come back...and saw their family member etc...and I am sure that they did, but I am just as sure that they did not "die" and go to Heaven.. The bible speaks of more than one heaven...The Heaven of Heavens where God's throne is will be totally different.

Why wouldn't we have that much knowing?

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why wouldn't we have that much knowing?

Stranger

1) No need to know old identities...the old is passed away.
2) Because we read in REV that we are given 'a new name.'
As we know from all the names from Adam in the OT - the nature is in the name...new name, new identity...

Obviously this is all by "guess and by golly" none of us know yet what it will be like. :)

Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Pisteuo

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we know from all the names from Adam in the OT - the nature is in the name...new name, new identity...

Obviously this is all by "guess and by golly" none of us know yet what it will be like. :)

YES all Hebrew Names Have a Meaning, Well said!!

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, my opinion is this: What good is this way God has brought us through if we no longer remember it? What good is the grace we forever shall live under if we do not remember the sinner we were? What meaning has the sacrifice of Christ if we no longer know or remember what sin was?

I believe we will know. And we will remember people we knew here, good or bad. And in our glorified state, without a sin nature and in the presence of God, we will remember and know our acquaintances but just as God knew them.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, my opinion is this: What good is this way God has brought us through if we no longer remember it? What good is the grace we forever shall live under if we do not remember the sinner we were? What meaning has the sacrifice of Christ if we no longer know or remember what sin was?

Of course we will know the sacrifice the Lord paid for us.
Why on earth would we be better off by remembering anything?
God has a whole new plan, new heaven, new earth, new names, and lastly why on earth in a Glorious Place would we have any consciousness of SIN!!
Heaven forbid!

But who knows...you could very well be right.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there." (Psalm 139:8)
yes but King David was already with the Lord his God, and the Lord God was with him, therefore God wasn't going to leave David also they were so tight that the Almighty promised to maintain David's lineage until the Messiah come, but is that the case with you?

you can meet your Maker now or you can meet Him later, but then it will be to late. if you reject the Presence of God in the place He has given you in His creation, then you can expect the same in return in His Place in Heaven.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course we will know the sacrifice the Lord paid for us.
Why on earth would we be better off by remembering anything?
God has a whole new plan, new heaven, new earth, new names, and lastly why on earth in a Glorious Place would we have any consciousness of SIN!!
Heaven forbid!

But who knows...you could very well be right.

If you do not remember you were a sinner what meaning would the sacrifice of Christ have? I just don't think we can know or appreciate the sacrifice of Christ without the remembrance of the sinner we were. Our consciousness of sin does not make us guilty of sin in that day.

Throughout all eternity we will be saved sinners. A picture of the grace of God. In my opinion.

Stranger

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
yes but King David was already with the Lord his God, and the Lord God was with him, therefore God wasn't going to leave David also they were so tight that the Almighty promised to maintain David's lineage until the Messiah come, but is that the case with you?
God may have approved of David, but did David believe in Christ? Was he free of sin? And what about those “spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah” (1 Peter 3:19). Why should Christ bother to preach to them if not to give these evil dead a chance for repentance?

you can meet your Maker now or you can meet Him later, but then it will be to late. if you reject the Presence of God in the place He has given you in His creation, then you can expect the same in return in His Place in Heaven.

Really? Jesus demands that His followers do away with the law of retaliation that is expressed in “an eye for an Eye”. Instead He calls on us to turn the other cheek, love our enemies and to offer continuous forgiveness for those who sinned against us. When in the Sermon on the Mount He tells us: Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect.(Matthew 5:48), this implies that God’s perfection is outlined in that very Sermon. Surely God would not ask more forgiveness of us than what He is capable and willing to give. Quite the contrary: His forgiveness is perfect. So no, I don't think we have to expect “the same in return” from Him. As seen in the very person of Christ, God’s answer to human sin is transforming grace.

Harrowing_of_Hell.jpg

Last edited:

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God may have approved of David, but did David believe in Christ? Was he free of sin? And what about those “spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah” (1 Peter 3:19). Why should Christ bother to preach to them if not to give these evil dead a chance for repentance?

Really? Jesus demands that His followers do away with the law of retaliation that is expressed in “an eye for an Eye”. Instead He calls on us to turn the other cheek, love our enemies and to offer continuous forgiveness for those who sinned against us. When in the Sermon on the Mount He tells us: Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect.(Matthew 5:48), this implies that God’s perfection is outlined in that very Sermon. Surely God would not ask more forgiveness of us than what He is capable and willing to give. Quite the contrary: His forgiveness is perfect. So no, I don't think we have to expect “the same in return” from Him. As seen in the very person of Christ, God’s answer to human sin is transforming grace.

Harrowing_of_Hell.jpg

"God may have approved of David, but did David believe in Christ?"
Yes.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe that directly or indirectly the following verses speak to this question:

"Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:29-31

Our chance, our opportunity is here and now as a result of the One who did rise from the dead so that we might live. Consider these in conjunction with the words of @Stranger posted on this.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that directly or indirectly the following verses speak to this question:

"Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:29-31

Our chance, our opportunity is here and now as a result of the One who did rise from the dead so that we might live. Consider these in conjunction with the words of @Stranger posted on this.

Oh I know that...but that was not Heaven was it?
I believe it was the "Great Holding Tank in the sky" ...until Jesus resurrection. :)