Can one be saved while they are all alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard from many people that they were “saved” while they were all alone. They woke up in their bed, got on their knees and prayed to God. They then knew they were saved.
I’ve heard of people riding in their car or on their motorcycle and had an experience, prayed to God, and they knew right then they were saved. There was nobody present.

If this is the case, and we can be saved in this fashion, then why didn’t the HS see fit to give us just ONE example of a person, who was all by themselves, had some experience, prayed to God, asked for forgiveness, and then the Bible pronounced them saved.

So, I am asking for this....
For ANYBODY to show me where ANYONE was ever “saved” in the fashion many people say they were today. All by themselves with no participation from any other human being.
If you cannot show me one Biblical example of this experience then why does anybody think they can be saved in a way that the HS saw fit to leave absent. Are we able to make up our own way of salvation or must we do what what they did when the church was first established?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For ANYBODY to show me where ANYONE was ever “saved” in the fashion many people say they were today. All by themselves with no participation from any other human being.
If you cannot show me one Biblical example of this experience then why does anybody think they can be saved in a way that the HS saw fit to leave absent. Are we able to make up our own way of salvation or must we do what what they did when the church was first established?

Why, what difference does it make if someone is by themselves when God saves them or whether they are in a church meeting or speaking with an evangelist etc etc etc.

If you want a biblical examle take Samuel sleeping in the temple, when God called him.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The precedence is the prophets of old, and according to the promise of God to pour out His spirit upon all flesh during theses times foretold by Joel, promised by Christ, and confirmed by Peter. The Spirit came upon His chosen and still does.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why, what difference does it make if someone is by themselves when God saves them or whether they are in a church meeting or speaking with an evangelist etc etc etc.

If you want a biblical examle take Samuel sleeping in the temple, when God called him.
What difference does it make? It’s because NO ONE was ever “saved” by themselves in the NT when the church was first started. Do examples matter? Why were we given example after example of people receiving the gospel if none of it matters? Weren’t these given for our learning?
Can we just make up our own way of salvation?
When has God ever allowed that?

Was Samuel accountable to the gospel of Jesus Christ? Also Samuel was born into a covenant relationship with God as a member of the nation of israel. He was not “saved” in the temple.

Last edited:

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The precedence is the prophets of old, and according to the promise of God to pour out His spirit upon all flesh during theses times foretold by Joel, promised by Christ, and confirmed by Peter. The Spirit came upon His chosen and still does.
The Prophets of old were not “saved” when called to be a prophet. They were already saved before that, they were in a covenant relationship with God as a part of the nation of Israel. So, did the prophets know of the resurrection of Christ? They prophesied of things they did not comprehend.
The prophecy of Joel was attributed, by Peter, to the miraculous operation of the HS demonstrated in the first century. It was not attributed to the way of salvation. Peter preached the gospel in that same chapter and when the audience asked....what shall we do? Peter directed these believers to repent, be baptized for remission of sins. He did not say...just stand there and receive the HS. The Bible said these people were “saved” AFTER they had obeyed Peters words, not AFTER some miraculous reception of the Spirit.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have heard from many people that they were “saved” while they were all alone. They woke up in their bed, got on their knees and prayed to God. They then knew they were saved.
I’ve heard of people riding in their car or on their motorcycle and had an experience, prayed to God, and they knew right then they were saved. There was nobody present.

If this is the case, and we can be saved in this fashion, then why didn’t the HS see fit to give us just ONE example of a person, who was all by themselves, had some experience, prayed to God, asked for forgiveness, and then the Bible pronounced them saved.

I am not sure why someone else's testimony or where or how they were saved should bother you!!

I think that is why there is so much conflict. People telling other people that they do not agree with how someone sees, hears , or believes God.

Abraham was alone. And as has already been pointed out most of them were. Gideon was.

I was alone.

Yes I had heard someone preach..I had attended Sunday school when young.

But I was totally alone when I knelt before the Lord that night...and stood up CHANGED for life.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What difference does it make? It’s because NO ONE was ever “saved” by themselves in the NT when the church was first started. Do examples matter? Why were we given example after example of people receiving the gospel if none of it matters? Weren’t these given for our learning?

Was Samuel accountable to the gospel of Jesus Christ? Also Samuel was born into a covenant relationship with God as a member of the nation of israel. He was not “saved” in the temple.

Incorrect....Paul was, except for the ass he was riding.

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Well Jesus had things to say about people like you...they lay weights on peoples shoulders....

"and....which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel."

Im sure there are far more important things you could pontificate about.

Well off you go then.
Go and start a new doctrine , and a new denomination. :D

So I am not saved in your eyes.
Thankfully you are not the final word on it. God is.

Last edited:

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure why someone else's testimony or where or how they were saved should bother you!!
Ma’am it doesn’t bother me. It’s called bible study. I am asking for people to show me through the scripture where they get this idea that one can be saved all by themselves when no one in the NT ever was. Christ said that “true worshippers” would be those that worship in spirit and in truth. Truth comes through Gods word not what we make up in our own mind. So if one is “saved” by truth, and you believe you were I presume. Where is it in the word of God?
I think that is why there is so much conflict. People telling other people that they do not agree with how someone sees, hears , or believes God.
So it doesn’t matter how someone sees, hears, or believes God?
There are people out there that believe God is ok with homosexuality. These are professing Christians. Should I question them about how they see, hear or believe God or just say....ahh, it doesn’t matter. Where should we draw the line and start asking questions?
I could give many more examples of this kind of understanding.

Abraham was alone. And as has already been pointed out most of them were. Gideon was.
Were any of them told to obey the gospel for salvation? Weren’t these faithful men before called them to do something for the lord?

I was alone.

Yes I had heard someone preach..I had attended Sunday school when young.
Who told you that was ok? Did you study through the word or just listen to some pastor? Who else was alone in the NT? And why does everybody want to go to the OT to support NT doctrine? Can you not find examples in the NT?

But I was totally alone when I knelt before the Lord that night...and stood up CHANGED for life.
Do you believe NT examples of people being added to the Lords body matter? If so, where is the one that did what you did? If not, then what else doesn’t matter in the Bible? What else can we disregard as necessary to our understanding of spiritual things?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incorrect....Paul was, except for the ass he was riding.
Paul was NOT SAVED by himself. For one he had others with him, but the important point is that Paul, was NOT SAVED on the road to Damascus. He was told to go into the city (these other men lead him there) and he would be told what he MUST DO. Christ then sent a preacher who told him to be baptized in order to wash away his sins. I’m amazed at the large number of people that believe and teach that one can be saved while still in their sins.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Jesus had things to say about people like you...they lay weights on peoples shoulders....

"and....which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel."

Im sure there are far more important things you could pontificate about.
So ones salvation is not important enough for you? Paul met people from Ephesus who had heard preaching and been baptized but he learned through their answering his question that they needed more. He didn’t just say...oh, it’s ok we are all saved in our own way. No, he straightened them out and baptized them again PROPERLY and FOR THE RIGHT REASON.
Maybe ma’am, you need more.

Well off you go then.
Go and start a new doctrine , and a new denomination. :D

So I am not saved in your eyes.
Thankfully you are not the final word on it. God is.
Im just asking the question....
Does it matter that your “experience” cannot be found in the NT? I guess your answer is NO.
SO, that must mean you can also teach and believe other things that are not found in the NT. When you go down that path there is no end since there is no standard.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So ones salvation is not important enough for you?

This may be placed in the Debate section ...but we have had many debates which are not in the aggressive, challenging, tone that you are using here.

This last few months we have had a large handful of belligerent new members join this forum....and it has not been made the better for it.

Plus I find what you say offensive.

I became a believing believer in 1964.
And you are actually saying here that my salvation experience is suspect because YOU can't find it in your bible. Give me a break.

No, you are not -"just asking a question" by far.

It's people with your kind of mindset who started the witch hunts for inquisitions!!

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was NOT SAVED by himself. For one he had others with him, but the important point is that Paul, was NOT SAVED on the road to Damascus. He was told to go into the city (these other men lead him there) and he would be told what he MUST DO. Christ then sent a preacher who told him to be baptized in order to wash away his sins. I’m amazed at the large number of people that believe and teach that one can be saved while still in their sins.
You just make yourself sound more foolish with each word you post.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Prophets of old were not “saved” when called to be a prophet. They were already saved before that, they were in a covenant relationship with God as a part of the nation of Israel. So, did the prophets know of the resurrection of Christ? They prophesied of things they did not comprehend.
The prophecy of Joel was attributed, by Peter, to the miraculous operation of the HS demonstrated in the first century. It was not attributed to the way of salvation. Peter preached the gospel in that same chapter and when the audience asked....what shall we do? Peter directed these believers to repent, be baptized for remission of sins. He did not say...just stand there and receive the HS. The Bible said these people were “saved” AFTER they had obeyed Peters words, not AFTER some miraculous reception of the Spirit.
That is why I said they are the "precedence", rather than them being an exact example.

But those examples of Peter and the early church that you give, do not make void God's overshadowing prophecy to pour out His spirit upon all flesh. On the contrary, the "equipping of the saints" includes a variety of gifts of the spirit, with only "some" as teacher and preachers, and ministers of the early practices of the church. None of which is greater than the Spirit that sanctifies the equipping. That should be lesson number one...and it was, as it was given by Christ just after He warned of the error of such burdens, and before His promise of another Helper.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus may be placed in the Debate section ...but we have had many debates which are not in the aggressive, challenging, tone that you are using here.

This last few months we have had a large handful of belligerent new members join this forum....and it has not been made the better for it.

Plus I find what you say offensive.

I became a believing believer in 1964.
And you are actually saying here that my salvation experience is suspect because YOU can't find it in your bible. Give me a break.

No, you are not -"just asking a question" by far.

It's people with your kind of mindset who started the witch hunt for inquisitions!!
So you believe I want you burned at the stake? And I’m the one who is offensive?
I would like your definition of belligerent? My understanding is “hostile and aggressive”. I am glad to know that asking for book chapter and verse for what you do in religion is now considered hostile and aggressive.
This statement of yours should trouble you...
And you are actually saying here that my salvation experience is suspect because YOU can't find it in your bible. Give me a break.”
You are confirming that what you do in your religion does not need to be found in the Bible.
That would trouble me ma’am if I took that kind of a position.
Jesus said....
John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Where did Christ ever teach or where do we find, in his word, an example of anyone being saved in the way you describe? You find me offensive because the word cuts to the heart.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why I said they are the "precedence", rather than them being an exact example.

But those examples of Peter and the early church that you give, do not make void God's overshadowing prophecy to pour out His spirit upon all flesh. On the contrary, the "equipping of the saints" includes a variety of gifts of the spirit, with only "some" as teacher and preachers, and ministers of the early practices of the church. None of which is greater than the Spirit that sanctifies the equipping. That should be lesson number one...and it was, as it was given by Christ just after He warned of the error of such burdens, and before His promise of another Helper.
Nobody I have ever come in contact with has ever been able to prove to me the HS fell on them for salvation. They just say...yes he did and I know it. I can say anything I want to as well. That doesn’t make it right. The truth is....the HS did not fall on people in the first century for salvation. It was to confirm the word. Mk 16:20
Those is Samaria in acts 8 obeyed the gospel but did not receive the Spirit? Why? Because the direct operation of Spirit was NOT the means of salvation. Those in the first century that had the Spirit could prove it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi CNKW3,

Why could you not be saved in this fashion? Can you show me from Scripture where we are told whether there must be someone else present?

Does salvation come from man, or the Holy Spirit? If not from man, then who need be present except the Holy Spirit?

Does salvation come from the testimony of man, or from the Word of God? Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God. Who do we need to hear except for God?

Does hearing mean audible hearing only? What of the man born deaf? Hearing is to perceive the Word. Cannot a man read the Bible and believe it's truth, and be saved?

Is faith to be saved from man, or from God? If from God, why does man need be present?

Can I show an example from Scripture of a person saved when no one else was there? Scripture does not give us the information to know whether this occurred or not.

Please show from Scripture how this cannot be.

Much love!
Mark

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am glad to know that asking for book chapter and verse for what you do in religion is now considered hostile and aggressive.

Too late to white wash your posts now. We have seen them all and read them.

Concerning MY salvation experience with the Lord it not your business to dissect or challenge ...which you are doing here.
And again I say your are totally insulting.

Just as well I am 77 and solid in my Lord.
I have 54 yrs in my Christian life...but, a much younger new Christian, listening to you, could be thrown totally and starting to doubt their experience with God.
Do you not see that you are doing the Devils work, throwing doubt and shaking faith. God does do that sometimes later, to test what strength our faith it is when challenged.
But it is usually comes via the Enemy, NOT via someone who calls them self a Christian!!! o_O
You are supposed to HELP the weaker along the way, not hammer them into the ground and throwing doubt on their walk with God.

Woe to you.

Last edited: