Can one escape Judgement in the afterlife ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you earn a free pass and not have to go through judgement

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So by 'escape judgement" I mean not have to pass through judgement.

Can a person - while here on Earth - Earn a free pass through judgement ?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
1. We were bought for a price, by the blood of Jesus. He paid with suffering and death.

2. Redemption is not earned, it is freely given by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1. We were bought for a price, by the blood of Jesus. He paid with suffering and death.

2. Redemption is not earned, it is freely given by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ.

OK - so your answer to the question - is that we can escape Judgement - This is "Good News" - indeed. Bibles named after it :)

What you are saying here is that there is no Judgement .. Christ already paid for the sins of the world - not earned - and freely given. No one ha to do anything to get through the pearly gates - our gate fee has already been paid.. be one a Saint or a Sinner .. a believer or an atheist.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So by 'escape judgement" I mean not have to pass through judgement.

Can a person - while here on Earth - Earn a free pass through judgement ?
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Heb. 9:27

The difference between believers and the world is that there is a separate judgment for God's household. Believers will not be judged with the world.

Reactions: faithfulness

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
OK - so your answer to the question - is that we can escape Judgement - This is "Good News" - indeed. Bibles named after it :)

What you are saying here is that there is no Judgement .. Christ already paid for the sins of the world - not earned - and freely given. No one ha to do anything to get through the pearly gates - our gate fee has already been paid.. be one a Saint or a Sinner .. a believer or an atheist.

That's putting your words in my mouth. It neglects to mention our right to reject that free gift.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Heb. 9:27

The difference between believers and the world is that there is a separate judgment for God's household. Believers will not be judged with the world.

OK - so you are on the judgment side of things - no way to avoid judgement in your books .. just different standards. Not a Sola Fide adherent.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's putting your words in my mouth. It neglects to mention our right to reject that free gift.

Please correct what I have mis-stated .. which is nothing. Don't accuse -and then not state what you are claiming to be accused of. I said many things in my post - and this is a rather straight forward question.

Either you can avoid Judgement - or you can not. You have said "Yes" - and in fact gone further and stated that our sin has already been cleansed away by the blood of the sacrifice .. no cost nothing to do.. we have all been given a free pass.

Now you want to claim that there is something to do .. in order to earn a the free pass through the gates - you have to accept the free pass and not kick it to the curb so to speak... OK ..good we got that clarification out of the way .. a slightly conditional free pass.

but OK .. On the same page now. Restating your claim - Those that accept the free pass - while here on earth - need not worry about Judgement as their sins have already been cleansed away. Just accept that Jesus sacrificed himself to cleanse away your sin .. and you are good to go .. you will not have to face any judgement at the end of days.

How is that .. was that a little better summation of your claim ? (Sola Fide if you would like a more detailed version).

on't like it when folks put words in my mouth .. and try not to do this to others. :)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Please correct what I have mis-stated .. which is nothing. Don't accuse -and then not state what you are claiming to be accused of. I said many things in my post - and this is a rather straight forward question.

Either you can avoid Judgement - or you can not. You have said "Yes" - and in fact gone further and stated that our sin has already been cleansed away by the blood of the sacrifice .. no cost nothing to do.. we have all been given a free pass.

Now you want to claim that there is something to do .. in order to earn a the free pass through the gates - you have to accept the free pass and not kick it to the curb so to speak... OK ..good we got that clarification out of the way .. a slightly conditional free pass.

but OK .. On the same page now. Restating your claim - Those that accept the free pass - while here on earth - need not worry about Judgement as their sins have already been cleansed away. Just accept that Jesus sacrificed himself to cleanse away your sin .. and you are good to go .. you will not have to face any judgement at the end of days.

How is that .. was that a little better summation of your claim ? (Sola Fide if you would like a more detailed version).

on't like it when folks put words in my mouth .. and try not to do this to others. :)

No I did not say yes, I voted no in answer to your question. Words matter, and you are wrong in more than you have written.

Your attempt to entrap believers in their description of salvation is a tired practice, and I'm not playing your game. You have the scriptures, read them, and judge for yourself. When you appear before God, better hope you guessed right.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No I did not say yes, I voted no in answer to your question. Words matter, and you are wrong in more than you have written.

Your attempt to entrap believers in their description of salvation is a tired practice, and I'm not playing your game. You have the scriptures, read them, and judge for yourself. When you appear before God, better hope you guessed right.

I did not entrap anyone - these are basic questions addressed by theologians throughout the ages - What is with the defensive hysterics.

How have I mischaracterized anything you have said .. you have made this accusation against me - but not supported it.

Now you are twirling around - accusing me of entraping you - Do tell.

You then finish with "hope you guessed right" - Me too - hence why it is the point of this OP - and this discussion.

Are not all of us trying to guess right - did you think you were the only one ?

but do feel free to opt out at any time - if the kitchen is getting a little ... Sizzly hot for ya... careful now . brother Sataniel lurks around every corner ..