Can truth of Hell be understood?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that just as what is unveiled on certain subjects like what the scriptures has on understanding Hell and how the end wicked comes, there is resistance. Would not everyone want to know what God says in the Bible, or is it too hard to look and learn more on this truth.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has more to say about the all to real hell(lake of eternal fire)than any one who's words are recorded in God's inspired scripture.

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that just as what is unveiled on certain subjects like what the scriptures has on understanding Hell and how the end wicked comes, there is resistance. Would not everyone want to know what God says in the Bible, or is it too hard to look and learn more on this truth.

A better understanding of hades, sheol, Gehenna, Katakaio, and Tartarous,… is necessary. Those are the words translated into the English word Hell in the Bible, all of which carry a different meaning. There is no burning forever, that comes from Greek mythology where Hades was the god of the underworld, and his name came to represent this fictitious place that we understand as Hell. The Septuagint was a second century B.C. Greek translation of the Old Testament, and in it the word Hades was chosen as the counterpart to the Hebrew “Sheol” ….which additionally distorts this fictitious place …..

The Fire That Consumes …By Edward W. Fudge …. I have been told is a really good book that goes into some depth on this subject. It can be acquired at that business named after the second largest river in the world.

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A better understanding of hades, sheol, Gehenna, Katakaio, and Tartarous,… is necessary. Those are the words translated into the English word Hell in the Bible, all of which carry a different meaning. There is no burning forever, that comes from Greek mythology where Hades was the god of the underworld, and his name came to represent this fictitious place that we understand as Hell. The Septuagint was a second century B.C. Greek translation of the Old Testament, and in it the word Hades was chosen as the counterpart to the Hebrew “Sheol” ….which additionally distorts this fictitious place …..

The Fire That Consumes …By Edward W. Fudge …. I have been told is a really good book that goes into some depth on this subject. It can be acquired at that business named after the second largest river in the world.

Here's a preview of that book.

The Fire That Consumes

Reactions: Tommy Cool

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hell is where one is, because one is not a Man ? but a coward ! one who abides in this world, for they are a coward and can not stand up and be a Man and enter into the Kingdom of God in fact !
Such people make it hell on earth for everyone in fact !
If you are not for Christ Jesus, then you are against him in fact !
Such a one should never of been born, it would of been better to put a mill stone around his neck and tossed it into the sea.
Such a one has Failed ! and brought only misery to all !
They will have to live with themselves for eternity ! a coward, a Rat ! an abomination !

Most people go to Purgatory tho.

Jesus did not go to Hell to take the worthy OT Jews to Heaven, for they were in Purgatory !

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""purgatory"" is a false idea of little men. At death it is either heaven or hell.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
B
Jesus has more to say about the all to real hell(lake of eternal fire)than any one who's words are recorded in God's inspired scripture.
But the majority of Christians don't even bother to see what he said, they seem to want others to 'tell' them.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Very true, there is no underground place burning with the devil and his evil angels, that crept in from the Greek Mythology. Where the real place that the wicked will perish is the lake of fire or the “second death.” The first kind of death is 'appointed unto men once to die' or that which happens to all, and is that which leads to the grave. This death can be overcome by Christ and His power of life and the resurrection which He will raise up His saints.

The lake of fire which is truly the 'Hell' which most Christians think of, is where the wicked will perish or second, kind of death. The lake of fire is where the wicked receive punishment in the form of permanent destruction, and cease to exist.

Reactions: Tommy Cool

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is a place of eternal, conscious torment(fire) for everyone who does not trust in Jesus Christ. Hell involves final separation from God’s mercy and from God’s people, unending experience of divine judgment, and just retribution for sin. Revelation 14:11= And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Can truth of Hell be understood?​

I assure you, those incarcerated or at the funny farm know they are not on a picnic.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
""purgatory"" is a false idea of little men. At death it is either heaven or hell.
What moron would claim that one is worthy of Hell or Heaven only ?
Not many people will enter Heaven in fact, so you are condemning more to Hell ?
Or making Heaven a place for bastards ?
Jesus went to take the worthy OT Jews to Heaven and he did not go down to Hell for them, so them Jews were set aside in a place that was not worthy of Hell in fact.

So their is even hope for a protestant to be saved if they do truly believe in Christ Jesus, maybe most only know Jesus but they do not serve him, because they do not truly know him ? but make up delusions and deceptions of a false heaven ? where even bastards go ?

I believe that one must know Jesus is in fact your Lord and Saviour and abide in him only, for you can not serve two masters !
Just because one says they believe in Jesus does not cut it in fact, because they do not know him in fact, but it's a start at least, but that of little faith can loose that faith, if not truly it's gets hidden by the weeds that grew up over that faith in fact and strangles and retarded their growth that can become the faith that can move mountains ?
So you see Protestants are supporting a two way bet ? easy enough to understand even from a carnal persons point of view. such is simplistic but that's all that it is.

Such simple claims as you claim are not supported in the Bible, so for one to claim you only need to believe or have blind faith in Jesus is a work of Satan in fact, for that path leads to stagnation stunted growth. you must be born again in fact and that means that one could progress to come and know that Jesus is Salvation and that he is the Christ and that you must abide in him because he is your Lord in fact and not this world that he said is full of delusions and deceptions in fact !

I seek Christ Jesus all my life but i was 33yo when i came to know him, it was not easy because of this world, but he came to me ! before that i was under the protestant delusions. Not to mention RCC is full of lies as well due to this world ? but one must be born again regardless and truly serve Christ Jesus first and foremost in your life.
Their is hope for anyone who believes in Jesus, maybe a lower level in Heaven but it you do not serve Christ Jesus you are going to Hell in fact, why well because one is with Jesus or against him in fact. maybe sitting on the side line hey ?
Now who were them who attacked Jesus ? worthy of God ? I think not ! for they did not have Grace in fact ! religious yes ! but religion does not Save, only Jesus Saves !

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you call upon the Name Jesus ? Yes and that is not a one time event ! it's what one does you whole life long.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all worthy of hell but God says if we believe and confess our sins God is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Can truth of Hell be understood?​

I guess most in Gaza today would answer in the affirmative.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell is a place of eternal, conscious torment(fire) for everyone who does not trust in Jesus Christ. Hell involves final separation from God’s mercy and from God’s people, unending experience of divine judgment, and just retribution for sin. Revelation 14:11= And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”
Well, they will be consumed so they will be gone forever, and not just people but the devil will meet his end,
along with the wicked, as sin is brought to an end and those under its bondage meet Gods judgement?

Ezekiel 28:11-19

11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Malachi 4:1-3

4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. 2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. 3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Psalms 37:20 20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

Psalms 68:1-3

1 Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him.
2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. 3 But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.

Psalms 73:27 For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.

Isaiah 41:11-12

11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. 12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 14:11= And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” ====Those in hell will be alive there for eternity with no rest.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 14:11= And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” ====Those in hell will be alive there for eternity with no rest.
They do not receive eternal life as scripture shows, so that clearly doesn't happen. They will perish for eternity and there will be no bringing them back, as this is a metaphor for eternity.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it is a final separation from God, and since He is the only one that can give life the wicked will never come back to life, and neither can the devil. Hell is the Lake of Fire were the wicked perish and not only the wicked but the devil and all his evil angels, and thus there is no more sin or death. Now some might say that if the devil is a angel being created by God, cant he also continue forever, and sin and thus death continue. Well we can see what scripture says at what will happen to the being created by God who brought sin into the world..

Ezekiel 28 King James Version (KJV)

"11 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."