Can we ask forgiveness on behalf of others?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David

Jul 21, 2006
Uh.... no.We can pray for them to ask for forgiveness though...
smile.gif
It is kind of like we can't rob a store and on behalf of someone and have them take the blame. We still were the person that did it.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Magnum, I agree with David and to add a little more; if we tell the Father our concerns in our own words, God is intelligent enough to make a way where there wasn't a way. Don't give up praying, always give thanks for the blessings and pray in Jesus's name.

Pop James

Dec 5, 2006
We can and and should ask that GOd forgive a particular sinner.....of course our prayers and request are motivated by the HOLY SPIRIT for we know not how to pray aright.....I pray each day for lost loved ones and aquaintenances. I pray for their souls.....so of course I am praying for forgiveness for these particular ones......Never forget how our LORD prayed in earnest for those who were crucifying HIM. ........The question is ....does our prayer become effective without the sinner praying and repenting themselves?......the answer would be NO. So then our prayer for GOD to forgive any particular one would be answered...IF.....the HOLY SPIRIT causes that one to repent and beg for forgiveness.......We should and better pray for those the LORD lays on our hearts to pray for.......for though it is a mystery......GOD has a purpose for our intercessary prayers and ALL answer to those prayers is for HIS glory.......regards....Pop