Can we have a bible study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowChrist

Dec 21, 2007
I would love to...where to begin???
smile.gif
Maybe sombody wants to start a topic,(or particular verse( if not, I'm sure I can think of one;)
smile.gif

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew and the Gospel in the OT.The prophets saw everything didnt they. wowNever neglect the OT, it is surely the word of God made flesh.MATT 122 Now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet: 23 "BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US." ISIAH 7MATT 25 They said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea; for this is what has been written by the prophet: 6 'AND YOU, BETHLEHEM, LAND OF JUDAH, ARE BY NO MEANS LEAST AMONG THE LEADERS OF JUDAH; FOR OUT OF YOU SHALL COME FORTH A RULER WHO WILL SHEPHERD MY PEOPLE ISRAEL.' " This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON." MICAH 517 Then what had been spoken through Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: 18 "A VOICE WAS HEARD IN RAMAH, WEEPING AND GREAT MOURNIN, RACHEL WEEPING FOR HER CHILDREN; AND SHE REFUSED TO BE COMFORTED, BECAUSE THEY WERE NO MORE." 23 and came and lived in a city called Nazareth. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophets: "He shall be called a Nazarene." MATT 33 For this is the one referred to by Isaiah the prophet when he said, "THE VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, 'MAKE READY THE WAY OF THE LORD, MAKE HIS PATHS STRAIGHT!' " MATT 414 This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet: 15 "THE LAND OF ZEBULUN AND THE LAND OF NAPHTALI, BY THE WAY OF THE SEA, BEYOND THE JORDAN, GALILEE OF THE GENTILES— 16 "THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SITTING IN DARKNESS SAW A GREAT LIGHT, AND THOSE WHO WERE SITTING IN THE LAND AND SHADOW OF DEATH, UPON THEM A LIGHT DAWNED." 17 From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." MATT 817 This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet: "HE HIMSELF TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES AND CARRIED AWAY OUR DISEASES." MATT 1110 "This is the one about whom it is written, 'BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU, WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY BEFORE YOU.' MATT 1215 But Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. Many followed Him, and He healed them all, 16 and warned them not to tell who He was. 17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet: 18 "BEHOLD, MY SERVANT WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN; MY BELOVED IN WHOM MY SOUL is WELL-PLEASED; I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT UPON HIM, AND HE SHALL PROCLAIM JUSTICE TO THE GENTILES. 19 "HE WILL NOT QUARREL, NOR CRY OUT; NOR WILL ANYONE HEAR HIS VOICE IN THE STREETS. 20 "A BATTERED REED HE WILL NOT BREAK OFF, AND A SMOLDERING WICK HE WILL NOT PUT OUT, UNTIL HE LEADS JUSTICE TO VICTORY. 21 "AND IN HIS NAME THE GENTILES WILL HOPE." MATT13"In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says, YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND; YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE; 15 FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL, WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR, AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES, HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN, AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.' 16 "But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. 17 "For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it. 35 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet: "I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN PARABLES; I WILL UTTER THINGS HIDDEN SINCE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD." MATT 214 This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet: 5 "SAY TO THE DAUGHTER OF ZION, 'BEHOLD YOUR KING IS COMING TO YOU, GENTLE, AND MOUNTED ON A DONKEY, EVEN ON A COLT, THE FOAL OF A BEAST OF BURDEN.' " 42 Jesus said to them, "Did you never read in the Scriptures, 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone; THIS CAME ABOUT FROM THE LORD, AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES'? 43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it. 44 "And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust." MATT 279 Then that which was spoken through Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "AND THEY TOOK THE THIRTY PIECES OF SILVER, THE PRICE OF THE ONE WHOSE PRICE HAD BEEN SET by the sons of Israel; 10 AND THEY GAVE THEM FOR THE POTTER'S FIELD, AS THE LORD DIRECTED ME."

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
Sure. Matthew. A gospel (good news) written to Jewish Christians in Antioch probably by Matthew Levi, a tax collector called to be an Apostle by the Lord Jesus Christ. It details (or chronicles) the events of the life of Jesus of Nazareth. It starts with a detailed family tree showing the roots of Jesus Christ through Adam, Abraham, David, and Joseph.Matthew refers back to the Hebrew Scriptures frequently throughout his Gospel account to illustrate to the Jewish Christians that Jesus was the Messiah... the promised redeemer of Israel and the world.Chapter 3 then goes into John the baptist, a cousin to Jesus who was the fore-runner of Jesus preparing the way with the Baptism of Repentance. Baptism was not something new to the Jews. It has been practiced in the form of Mikvah for many centuries. (Sidebar on Mikvah:)
kodesh- holy, that which is separated; segregated from the rest for a unique purpose; for consecrationniddut- a separation, a state of separation based on being in an unclean or unholy state.mikvah- a change in status; more correctly an elevation in status.The laws of ritual purity fall into the category of chukkim; supra-rational: defying human intellect, capable of affecting the soul. Examples include mikvah, laws of kashrot, etc...Family purity, Taharat Hamishpachah, culminate in mikvah.Impurity is a spiritual state of being. Only mikvah has the power to change the state of the woman after she has become impure by her monthly menstrual cycle. She is in a state of niddut, until she has completed Taharat Hamishpachah ending with mikvah. She then enters niddut and is able to start life anew (teshuvah).
Chapter 4 details the temptation of Jesus Christ by Satan. He overcomes through the Word. (Quoting OT Scripture). John is thrown into prison, and Jesus begins His preaching Ministry. His teaching: repent.Chapter 5 describes His sermon on the mount aka the beatitudes. Blessed are the peacemakers... etc...Verse 5:18 He prophesies that the law will not pass until all be fulfilled. Verse 5:20 Jesus Christ says to apply the law to your hearts, not just white walled sepulchers... in other words, if you just act like a Christian instead of being a Christian your as hypocritical as the Pharisee or Sadducee.Chapters 6 and 7 continue the sermon on the mount. Good reading for instructions on how to be Christ like.Chapter 8 describes miracles performed and healing that takes place.Chapter 9, more miracles as well as attempts by the religious elite to nullify Jesus' ministry. Chapter 10, Jesus empowers His disciples to go into the countryside and preach the kingdom of God.At the end of chapter 11 he offers rest to the weary. A message of peace to the troubled.Chapter 12: Jesus reproves attacks against His ministry by the Sanhedrin and other religious high minded rabbis.Chapter 13 details parables (stories that give great truths to seekers, but foolishness to those who do not want to hear).John the baptist beheaded in chapter 14, as well as Jesus and Peter walking on water during the storm.Chapter 15: Answering the scribes and pharisees. Matt 16:17-19, A kernel of truth as to the nature of God. Peter was given the keys of the kingdom of heaven. The church will be built on the truth that Peter said: Jesus is the Son of God. Compare this to the first sermon Peter preached after the ascension of Jesus Christ (high priest offering the lamb) and after the giving of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1-4). In response to the mocking of speaking in tongues, Peter gives his first sermon:("Acts 2:14-40")
Acts 2:14-40 (King James Version)King James Version (KJV) 14But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: 21And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. 22Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 25For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. 29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call. 40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Pay close attention to the response to the sermon in Acts 2:37 and Peter's reply in verse 38: Repent, be baptized in Jesus Name and ye shall receive the same gift that you were mocking us for which prompted this impromptu sermon! Remember Peter was the one who first had the revelation of who Christ really was.17:21 says prayer and fasting is how we must obtain faith. More parables follow.Chapter 21 is the famous den of thieves account. Jesus casts out the money changers and turns the temple back into a house of prayer. Chapter 23 details the 8 woes... read and heed.Chapter 24: The end-times prophesy chapter of Matthew. Jesus describes what the end will hold in store for the unprepared.Chapter 25: The 10 virgins parable. Make sure you all are full of Christ's Spirit (the oil).Chapter 28 ends the gospel. Notice the great commission: Matt 28:19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Notice in verse 16 that all 11 apostles were assembled together to hear Jesus' commission. (Judas Iscariot was the missing one). Now, jump to the book of Acts where we see the continuation of the story.Acts 1:1-9 Jesus talks to the assembled apostles (all 11) and then the ascension happens: Jesus is taken up to heaven through the clouds. Verse 13: List of those present. All these disciples had been with Jesus and knew His teachings. They are waiting in the upper room of the temple praying in one accord as instructed by Jesus. Chapter 2:1-4 Holy Spirit of Christ fills the room and they all receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38 Peter says to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Wait... Matt 28:19 baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost... Acts 2:38 baptized... in the name of Jesus Christ. Now if Peter got this wrong, the other 10 would have jumped up and slapped Peter down... but he did not. He had the revelation of who Jesus was. God manifest in the flesh... the name of the Father is Jesus, the name of the Son is Jesus, the name of the Holy Ghost is Jesus. Peter got it right. Check out Acts 8:14-16, Act 10:44-48, Acts 16:25-33.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am so glad, that took me ages to do........ the Bible you hold in your hand is the best established fact of all history.

Darren13

Dec 20, 2007
yep i love my bible and everything in it i love reading in it and learning everyday im a new christian but i am one and i want to learn all i can

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ephesians Introduction: The Epistle to the Ephesians is one of the books of the bible in the New Testament. It is traditionally said to be written by Paul while he was in prison in Rome (around 63 A.D.). This would be about the same time as the Epistle to the Colossians. (which in many points it resembles) and the Epistle to Philemon. More recently, however, biblical scholars have questioned the authorship of the letter, and suggest a much later date for its origin. Ephesians does not seem to have originated in any special circumstances, but is simply a letter springing from the author's love to the church. It is an indication of his desire that they should be fully instructed in Christian doctrine. However, unlike Romans, which is an exposition by Paul of the gospel of salvation, Ephesians unfolds the consequences of salvation, particularly in relation to the church. This letter from Paul some say was sent to more churches than one. Ephesians means (Permitted), as God permits many things, but never plays favorites. This letter also covers the hidden mystery Paul taught, such as the mystery of the three world ages.Ephesians 1 1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: Paul was a sent one by the will of God. Apostle means one sent forth. To the faithful in Christ Jesus, are the ones who reverence Christ. Written to a specific few of believers on an advanced level. 2Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. May blessings and peace be yours, sent to you from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord. Again, written to those who love Christ. 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every blessing in heaven because we belong to Christ. Paul mentions these heavenly places (5) times in his letter, five meaning grace. 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Chosen before this world age. Who were chosen? Those who fought and stood against Satan in the first world age. "The election" if you will. They were justified in the first earth age, just as God chose Paul. (Romans 8:27-33, II Peter 3:15). 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into His own family by sending Jesus Christ to die for us. According to God's will, not our will. 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. All the praise to God because He has poured out upon us, (The first fruit), because we belong to Christ. (Romans 8:27-32). 7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Because of His love, He has taken away all of our sins through the blood of His own Son, by whom we are saved. 8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Gives you insight into deep things, because He understands us and knows what is best for us. 9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: Before the foundation of the world (the mystery), God's reason for sending Christ, a plan He decided on in mercy long ago. Why was Christ sent to us you will find in (Hebrews 2:14). 10That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: When the time is ripe He will gather us all together from wherever we are in heaven or on earth, to be with Him in Christ forever. 11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: All things happen just as God predestined it to happen. It is all part of God's sovereign plan that we were chosen from the beginning to be His. 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. Those in the first earth age who overcame and first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Because of what Christ did, all others too, who heard the Good News about how to be saved, and trusted Christ, were marked as belonging to Christ by the Hole Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit that seals all those promises. 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. His presence within us is God's guarantee that He really will give us all that He promised. The Holy Spirit seals the promise that God has already purchased us and that He guarantees to bring us to Himself. This is just one more reason for us to praise our glorious God. 15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, The Saints are the blessed ones. Their purpose is to reach the unbelievers. 16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: When you acknowledge God through His Word, the wisdom of His truth will be opened to you. 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, Your heart will be flooded with light, even to see something of the future He has called you to share. God has been made rich because we who are Christ's have been given to Him. 19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, How incredibly great His power is to help those who believe Him. The "working" of His mighty power. God works at our salvation... You work in the Word. 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, He raised Christ from the dead and seated Him in the place of honor at God's right hand in heaven. Again, Paul mentions heavenly places. 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: God alone is the ruler and is in control in this world and the world to come. 22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, God has put all things under His feet (Christ), and made Him the supreme head of the church. 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. Church is not a building. It is the people that make the many member body through Him, the Author and Giver of everything everywhere.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ephesians 2 1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Been made alive through Christ, who were once living under the very curse of death. 2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Following the crowds and were just like all the others, full of sin and obeying Satan, the prince of the power of the air. He is at work right now in the hearts of those who are against the Lord. Children here is translated the sons of Satan or the Kenites. 3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. Born into the flesh, our lives expressing the evil within us, following the flesh and wicked thoughts of the mind. You must let the spirit take over and have control over the flesh. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, God may not like what we are doing, but He loves us. 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) Even though we were spiritually dead, He gave us back our lives again when He raised Christ from the dead. Only by His undeserved favor have we ever been saved. By the grace of Christ! 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: Has lifted us up from the grave into glory along with Christ in heavenly places because of what Jesus did. Again, Paul mentions "Heavenly Places," in which he mentions "five" times in Ephesians, and (5) means grace. 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. God can point to us as examples of His divine influence and gift of love to us. 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Grace is the source of faith. 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. Salvation is not a reward for the good we have done, so none of us can take any credit for it. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Chosen before in the first world age, and it is God Himself who has made us what we are and has given us new lives through Jesus Christ, that we should spend these lives helping others. Our works do not save us, but it is the only thing we can take with us when we die. (Revelation 14:13). 11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; Speaking of the Gentiles and Israel who both had unclean hearts. Even though the Jews were going through the ceremonies and rituals of the Godly. Now we have the New Testament. 12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: In those days the gentiles were living apart from Christ. Enemies of Gods children and He had promised us no help. We were lost, without God, and without hope. Now the gentiles can find salvation and all whom will. Just as Saul (Paul) was the enemy of the children of God and struck down and made blind on the road to Damascus. (Acts 9). 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. Now you belong to Christ Jesus, though once far away from God, now brought near to Him because of what Christ has done for us all with His blood. 14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; For Christ is our way of peace. There is no other peace of mind. He has made peace between the Jews and the Gentiles by making us all one family. Breaking down the wall of contempt that used to separate us. 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; Christ broke that spiritual barrier. By His death He ended the angry resentment caused by the Jewish laws contained in ordinances which favored the Jews and excluded the Gentiles. He died to annul the whole system of Jewish laws concerning ordinances. In blood sacrifices, not the law. 16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: All parts of the same body in Christ. We are all one in Christ but we are not all the same. That is why we have different races and cultures. God created all the races on the sixth day, and He loved them all. 17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. Christ brought the Good News to the Gentiles as well as the Jews, so everyone could obtain salvation. (Revelation 21:24). Nations is translated ethnos. (#1484 Strong's Ethnos or Gentiles). 18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Oneness in the spirit. We may all come to God the Father with the Holy Spirits help. 19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; All fellow citizens of God's Country because of Christ. 20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; What a foundation we stand on. The Prophets are the Old Testament, the Apostles are the New Testament, and Christ is the cornerstone for both. 21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: We who believe are carefully joined together with Christ as parts of a beautiful, constantly growing temple of God. The many member body of Christ, citizens of the Holy home. 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. Joined with Him together by the Spirit as the many member body that makes up the dwelling place of God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ephesians 3The third chapter of Ephesians is a parenthetical chapter. (The parenthesis within). Not only will we discover Paul speaking about the mystery of the gentiles being open to the Word, but also to make known the mystery of the three world ages. 1For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, I am in jail for preaching that you gentiles are a part of God's house. 2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: God has given me this special work of showing God's favor to you gentiles. 3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Not only that the gentiles are included in His plan of salvation, but the mystery of the first earth age. (Romans 16:25). 4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) You can read of this mystery in our study topic "The three earth ages." 5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; Not all were meant to understand, but now gives understanding through the Holy Spirit. 6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Part of the mystery is that the gentiles are also part of the church in God's family. The Gospel is open to the gentiles. 7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. God has given me a the wonderful privilege of telling everyone about this plan of His, and has given me His power and special ability to do it well. 8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; Though I did not deserve it and was the most useless Christian, I was chosen for this special joy of telling the gentiles about the Good News. 9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To explain to everyone that Christ is the savior of the gentiles too, just as He who made all things had secretly planned from the very beginning. 10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, To show all the rulers in heaven how perfectly wise He is when all of His family Jews and Gentiles alike are seen joined together in His church through Jesus Christ our Lord. 11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: It was His purpose from the beginning.12In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. Through Christ we can approach God. 13Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory. Don't lose heart at what they do to me here. It is for you I am suffering and you should feel honored and encouraged. 14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, When I think of the wisdom and scope of His plan I fall down on my knees and pray to the Father. 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, The whole living family of God. 16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; He will give you inner strength through the Holy Spirit. Not the flesh body! The inner man, the real you, your soul or self. 17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, Dwell in your mind through faith. If you have no faith; your prayers will never be answered. 18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; Able to comprehend how great His love really is towards us. 19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Come to know the true love of Christ, and pass His knowledge to others. One will never forget a seed you planted when they come to Christ. 20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we can ever imagine. 21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Eternal friendship because of His master plan of salvation for the church through Jesus Christ.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ephesians 4 1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, Act in a worthy way of those who have been chosen for such blessings as these, and exercise what you have learned. 2With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. 3Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Try always to be led together by the Holy Spirit. Love is that bond that ties. 4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; We are all part of the same body and of one Spirit even though our individual calling may be different. 5One Lord, one faith, one baptism, You don't need to be re-baptized every time you join a church. 6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. The same Heavenly Father created us all for His pleasure. (Revelation 4:11). 7But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Christ has given each of us special abilities, whatever special gift He gives us to further His cause. 8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. After Christ resurrected, He went to the captives who did not have salvation. (I Peter 3:18-19, Psalm 68:18). 9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He freed those prisoners. 10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) To fulfill all things everywhere with Himself. Christ is your advisor or spiritual lawyer. The only one you can trust! 11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; The sent forth ones, some are teachers, some are seed planters, some for winning people to Christ, and some for caring for God's people. 12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: The calling to the ministry to build up the church and body of Christ. 13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Until we become fulfilled with Christ and believe alike about our salvation and about our Savior; Jesus Christ. To become mature in God's Word. 14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; Then we will not listen to those who try to turn truth to a lie. 15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: Live the truth. 16From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. All working together with a healthy spiritual body. The many member body of Christ. 17This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, The unsaved who are blinded and confused through the greed and vanity of the world. 18Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: They have closed hearts full of darkness; shut their minds to God because they do not understand His ways. Ignorant of the Word! (The eye mirrors the soul). 19Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. They don't care anymore about right or wrong as long as they get ahead. Greedy and spiritually dead! 20But ye have not so learned Christ; Never taught His Word. 21If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: If you have really heard His voice and learned truth from Him. 22That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; Then throw off your old evil nature and let the inner man do your thinking and not the flesh man. 23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; Your attitudes and thoughts always changing for the better. 24And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Become a new and different person in Christ. Holy in truth! That is why the truth will set you free. 25Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Stop lying to each other; tell the truth, for we are parts each other in Christ. When we lie to each other, we hurt ourselves. (Zechariah 8:16-17). 26Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Don't let the sun go down with you still angry. 27Neither give place to the devil. When you remain angry, you give a mighty foothold to the devil. It leaves an opening for him to enter. 28Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. It is better to be useful than useless. 29Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Try not to use bad language, but rather say what is good and helpful to those you are talking to, and what will give them a blessing. (There is to much trash talk and not enough God talk in this world today). 30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Don't cause the Holy Spirit sorrow by the way you live. You are marked with the "Seal of God" by Him on that day of salvation. The choice is yours... The "Seal of God," or the "Mark of the beast." 31Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: Stop being mean, bad tempered and angry. Quarreling, harsh words, and dislike of others should have no place in your lives when it comes to the many member body of Christ. 32And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Be kind to one another and forgive one another, just as God has forgiven you because you belong to Christ.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ephesians 5 1Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; We are to try to follow God's example in everything we do. He sets the example for us to follow just as a parent sets the example for a child. 2And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. Be full of love for others and follow the example of Christ who offered Himself for one in all times. 3But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Let there be no sex sins (perversion) among you. Let no one to be able to accuse you of such things. 4Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. Don't take part in unfitting or improper talk or dirty stories. Jesting here means not to talk about perverted filth. 5For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. The Kingdom of God will never belong to anyone who is impure or greedy. The greedy person is an idol worshiper; one who loves and worships the good things of life more than God. 6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Vain here means empty words. Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, because a terrible wrath of God is upon those who do them. We covered the children of disobedience in (Ephesians 2:2). 7Be not ye therefore partakers with them. Separate yourself from their ways. This does not mean that you cannon be around sinners, just do not partake in their ways. 8For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: You were once full of darkness, but now full of light because of the Lord. Your behavior around others should show your light. Just a little light can light up a dark room and make it better. 9(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Because of this light within, we should only do what is good, right and true. Always test the fruit and be familiar with God's Word. 10Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. Learn what pleases the Lord. It is written in His letter to you. Follow the Word. 11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Take no part in worthless pleasures of evil (satanic things), but rather rebuke and expose them. 12For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. To speak of the pleasures of darkness which the ungodly do. Do not spiritually follow Satan as the children of disobedience. 13But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. When you expose them, the light shines in upon their sin and shows up, and they will see how wrong they really are and some may become children of light. 14Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. Those who are spiritually dead. They never quite get into God's Word. A verse here and a verse there. You need to read and study God's Word and in context. Chapter by chapter! paying attention to subject of each chapter 15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Be very careful when planting seed and correcting others. Follow God's Word for correction not mans word. 16Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Make the most of every opportunity you have for doing good. Make time to know God's Word. 17Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. Know the will of the Lord by studying God's Word. 18And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Everything in moderation. Try not to be excessive in anything you do. Even in God's Word. Learn and share God's Word, but do not become a religious fanatic or you will turn people off. 19Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Talk with each other about the Lord and be joyful. God wants you to be happy. 20Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Always give thanks to the Heavenly Father in Jesus Name. Why? Because Christ is our mediator and our credentials to the Father. 21Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. To the reverence of God. The love of God. 22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. One that is in Christ. Do not submit to a fool. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. The husband should be able to take care of his family in all ways and is the head of the house as Christ is the head of the church. (I Timothy 5:8). 24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Be in full commitment to each other. 25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Be that close to each other. 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, Both should submit to the Word and the Word should be your guide. 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Without fault or blemish as the church should be. 28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. Love her as your self, you are one flesh now. 29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: Man loves his own flesh. Love your wife just as Christ loves the church. 30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. We are all part of the many member body of Christ. 31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. Husband and wife are now one body through marriage as the scriptures say. (Genesis 2:23-24). 32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. This may be hard to understand, but is an illustration of the way we are all parts of the same body of Christ. (The greatest gift God gives man is his wife). 33Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. Again, a man must love his wife as a part of himself; and the wife should respect and love her husband

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ephesians 6 1Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Children are to obey their parents; this is the right thing to do because God has placed them in authority over you. 2Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; Honor your father and mother. This is the first of God's ten commandments that end with a promise. 3That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. The promise is that if you honor your parents, you will have a long life full of blessings. 4And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Parents; Don't keep scolding and nagging your children, making them angry and resentful, a rebellious child. Rather bring them up with loving discipline in the Lord. (Not spoil them). Bring them up in God's Word with Godly advice, and you will not have no problem. If you spoil them and bring them up in the ways of the world never disciplining them, they will go astray and be out of control. 5Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Be a slave to Christ, and be the best you can be when it comes to serving others. 6Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; Don't work hard only when someone is looking and then shrink when they are not looking. Don't be a slacker in the things you do, or you will never get ahead. 7With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Serve them as you would serve the Lord. 8Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. The Lord will reward you for each good thing you do whether you are a slave or free. Do your best at whatever you do. 9And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him. Be fair to those you are in charge of and never threaten them. Remember that your have the same master in heaven. 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Your strength comes from the Lord's might. God is our strength to get things done. God can change minds of people to make things happen. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Put on all God's armor to stand against all strategies and tricks of Satan. Remember it says to stand against Satan, "not fly away." 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. We are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers of the unseen world. Mighty satanic beings and great evil princes of darkness who rule this world; and against huge numbers of wicked spirits in the spirit world. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. The evil day when anti-Christ appears on the scene. We are to take a stand; not fly away and be raptured. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; Again we are to stand, not "fly away." 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Take the shoes of the spirit to speed you on as you preach the Good News of peace with God. You need to know what you are up against. 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. In every battle you will need "faith" as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan. You either believe or not... You must have faith! 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: You will need the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit (The two edged sword of Christ), which is the Word of God. There is power in the word. 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Pray for the bricks to build it with and follow God's will. 19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, Pray for me also that God gives me the right words as I boldly tell others about the mystery of the gospel. 20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. I am in prison (Paul), but I can still teach God's Word. Stay strong and don't give up. 21But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things: Tychicus (a faithful minister), will tell you about how I am getting along. 22Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts. I am sending him to let you know how we are. I can still cut it even if I am in prison. 23Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. May God give peace to you my Christian brothers and love. With faith from God the Father and from Jesus Christ. 24Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen. May God's grace and blessings be upon all who sincerely love our Lord Jesus Christ.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Wayne moved your post to Darren so my study would be in order Quote:Originally Posted by Darren13 On the book of matthew please Hi Darren13,Since you have already received an excellent summary of Matthew's Gospel, I'll take a slightly different approach in hopes of adding a little bit more in answer to your request for a Bible study.Matt. 5:3, Jesus began with His first beatitude, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."What does it mean to be poor in spirit? Was Jesus saying that only those who are poor -- have little or no money -- will enter the kingdom of heaven?No, He was not talking about worldly possessions at all. He was talking about the spirit (the soul) of men and women. To be poor in spirit is to have an open and honest communication with God in which we, first of all, acknowledge that we are sinners against Him. And that we are helpless to do anything about that condition. The man (or woman) who is poor in spirit asks God for His mercy and forgiveness, hates his/her sin, and repents by striving to turn away from that sinful habit whatever it may be.This is the kind of soul God loves to reveal Himself to, and He also will show mercy and forgiveness to.That's why Jesus can call them "blessed." I would suggest that you use this one verse to meditate on for days and days, memorize it, and make it a precious word to your soul. You'll soon discover that you have come a long way in your faith and your love for God. You will find yourself giving thanks to Him for His unspeakable gift of Salvation in His Son, Jesus Christ.waynemlj