Can you be saved without a priest?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely you can. No question about it. I know many people who were saved without a priest. I don't even know why you asked that question.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No not without a REAL PRIEST !

Jesus is our High Priest.

Heb 7:23-28
Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26 Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Sir. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus". (1 Timothy 2.5).
Is there a mediator between Jesus and men? I know I started off with someone introducing me to Jesus.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano 3 John 8 speaks positively of "fellowhelpers to the truth". It is not a hierarchical role which insists on its own supposed indispensability.
Some sort of order is implied since John refers to himself as "elder" and to others as his children. I think John felt responsible for them the way a man feels responsible for his physical children or the way a shepherd for his sheep.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Some sort of order is implied since John refers to himself as "elder" and to others as his children. I think John felt responsible for them the way a man feels responsible for his physical children or the way a shepherd for his sheep.
Shepherding, yes, but watch out for the doctrine.... If the doctrine turns out not to be Biblical, then hindrance rather than the actions of a 'fellowhelper' results.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shepherding, yes, but watch out for the doctrine.... If the doctrine turns out not to be Biblical, then hindrance rather than the actions of a 'fellowhelper' results.
Doctrinal errors didn't injure me. I don't agree with the beliefs of my Mother or the pastor who baptized me, but I learned about Jesus from them, about love and about being sincere. I figure they taught me what was the most important things. Doctrine? I can forgive anyone for getting wrongs if they're sincere -- I know I could be wrong and I hope to be forgiven if I am, so I have to be willing to forgive them if they are. I figure if people are sincere, God will find a way to correct them. I also don't expect any teacher to be perfect. It's the churches and ministers to claim to know it all that scare me.;)

Look at the seven churches in Revelation too. Six of the seven have problems. I think God has a purpose for having churches with flaws. It's to be expected.

Reactions: Stan B

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely. In fact chances are a Catholic priest would mislead you about salvation. So if you have been talking to a priest, just say "Thanks, but no thanks" and move on.

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. [the Gospel] (Roman 10:17)

Kindly read and study the 10th chapter in the epistle to the Romans.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. [the Gospel] (Roman 10:17)
Great verse there; Isaiah 55.11 reminds us that God's word 'shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it'.

Reactions: Enoch111

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you say you are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it ishigh time to awake out of sleep: for now isour salvation nearer than when we believed.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one savior and He is a priest, so the answer is no!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually, you're BETTER OFF being "saved" directly between YOU and GOD. And then you can have CONFIDENCE that GOD hears YOU, and YOU hear GOD! :)

And let me share that I was "saved" through GOD (O.T. Scripture), before I even knew what role Jesus had. Then after finding out, my "salvation" was made COMPLETE in Jesus!
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Stan B