Can you please pray for my family and I, we're under spiritual attack

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been attacked for the entire duration of my walk with God. Our family came to visit and old problems resurfaced causing an argument. I would sincerely appreciate your prayers. I can't get through to them that it's a spiritual attack. I looked it up last night and it all fits. Thanks.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been attacked for the entire duration of my walk with God. Our family came to visit and old problems resurfaced causing an argument. I would sincerely appreciate your prayers. I can't get through to them that it's a spiritual attack. I looked it up last night and it all fits. Thanks.
Addressing the OP only. the scriptures that I'm about to give you read it carefully.
Isa 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
if you didn't do anything wrong, then there is nothing to defend, right, so imo just do not give any defense
and you are in my prayers

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been attacked for the entire duration of my walk with God.
Many families suffer such persecution. Jesus suffered, and so shall we. I'm praying for you that your testimony will be one of a life lived unto righteousness. They should be able to feel godly love from you rather than to hear of it. Blessings in Christ Jesus. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have prayed for the peace of God where all of this division and attacking is going on. Are your family members saved? If so then, they should know that visiting past problems, perceived wrongs, etc. is not what Christians do. Either way, I will continue to pray for peace and healing in your situation. ♥

B

brakelite

if you didn't do anything wrong, then there is nothing to defend, right, so imo just do not give any defense
and you are in my prayers
In fact @Soverign Grace , it is because you are doing something right. You are going in a direction that the devil hates and he doesn't give up any ground without a fight. You have been learning of his deceptions, discovering truths long lain hidden. Do not fear. He that is within you is greater than all the armies of the earth. But I know that it does hurt when family become your foes. Yet such is to be expected when we search for truth. The enemy will use even our nearest and dearest friend and family to oppose us and hinder our walk forward. Do not be deterred. Take courage. The fact that the devil is upset is evidence of your true heart.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only. the scriptures that I'm about to give you read it carefully.
Isa 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Thank you for those verses and prayers - I never read the first ones in Isaiah. I usually have attacks sneak up on me and then later realize where it's coming from. It seems like every time I start to grow or learn something new then the evil one is right there stirring up trouble to discourage or sidetrack or else damage relationships. Does it happen this way with others? Those who you could influence the most towards God are the ones who then lose the influence and you end up feeling attacked.

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have prayed for the peace of God where all of this division and attacking is going on. Are your family members saved? If so then, they should know that visiting past problems, perceived wrongs, etc. is not what Christians do. Either way, I will continue to pray for peace and healing in your situation. ♥
I don't know if they're saved or not - they have been in the church and have been taught the bible. They aren't immoral but not reading the bible or attending church or anything. I was really troubled over it but I'm sure it's an attack. Attacks seem to hit before I realize that's what is happening. It was such a good visit until then. I really appreciate all of your prayers. It feels so good to be able to reach out to others here and be supported. It made me think of the verse of having our citizenship in heaven. I look forward to the day when we all meet together as a family.

Ephesians 2:19
Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God's household,

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact @Soverign Grace , it is because you are doing something right. You are going in a direction that the devil hates and he doesn't give up any ground without a fight. You have been learning of his deceptions, discovering truths long lain hidden. Do not fear. He that is within you is greater than all the armies of the earth. But I know that it does hurt when family become your foes. Yet such is to be expected when we search for truth. The enemy will use even our nearest and dearest friend and family to oppose us and hinder our walk forward. Do not be deterred. Take courage. The fact that the devil is upset is evidence of your true heart.

God has used you to open my eyes up to "truths long lain hidden." I've grown a lot spiritually in the last few months by things I've learned here. I think you hit the nail on the head. It's when you're going in a direction the devil hates, when you get hit the hardest.

You had reminded me that when I was first saved I read the book "Steps to Christ." I had just given this relative that booklet because I ordered it and it came in while they were here. So now it's starting to make even more sense.

I'm grateful for the encouragement and prayers. It did discourage me but I'm going to pray again today. I'm trying to tune into what way God is leading with it.

Reactions: brakelite

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for those verses and prayers - I never read the first ones in Isaiah. I usually have attacks sneak up on me and then later realize where it's coming from. It seems like every time I start to grow or learn something new then the evil one is right there stirring up trouble to discourage or sidetrack or else damage relationships. Does it happen this way with others? Those who you could influence the most towards God are the ones who then lose the influence and you end up feeling attacked.
Hello Soverign Grace, first thanks for the reply, Second I hope you are enduring this attack. we're in a war that has already been won in Christ Jesus. it is left now to only endure to the END, and we do that by "FAITH", meaning STANDING on the Word of God. there are thing to pray about, but also there are things we must "STAND" for, and aganist. and by Standing on the Word of God we "OVERCOME".

that's why I gave you those scripture, so that you are reminded to STAND also. listen,
Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

see, the war is already won, the devil power is only deception. that word "wiles" of the devil, it only means "trickery".

now to show you how I stood aganist the devil in an argument, and won the battle in christ Jesus, and overcame the trickery of the evil one. is this, don't you argue with them, it takes two to argue, if its family members, a love one, just listen, and evidently they will run out of fuel, (things to argue about). if you join in their argument, you're only adding fuel to their FIRE. so to quench a fire, is to put up a firewall, a shield. Eph 6:16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked".

sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, that wisdom of God came in the form of old back woodsmen who knew how to put out a forest fire. their shield was a back fire.

the word of God, his wisdom, can be a back fire to an argument, it will allow you to overcome any fire/argument, just STAND still and watch the Salv......... of the Lord, by using your shield, "Faith" that he has already given you.

Hope this helped.

be blessed, and be strong in the Lord.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if they're saved or not - they have been in the church and have been taught the bible. They aren't immoral but not reading the bible or attending church or anything. I was really troubled over it but I'm sure it's an attack. Attacks seem to hit before I realize that's what is happening. It was such a good visit until then. I really appreciate all of your prayers. It feels so good to be able to reach out to others here and be supported. It made me think of the verse of having our citizenship in heaven. I look forward to the day when we all meet together as a family.

Ephesians 2:19
Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God's household,
I too love that verse. And, I do rely on people on here for fellowship, prayer, even friendship! There are a few on here I do consider my friends even though we had never met. We are still of the family of Christ and do love one another, laugh and cry with and for each other.
I will pray for your family S.G., and:
" Attacks seem to hit before I realize that's what is happening". <--- also for discernment and wisdom to recognize what starts them off so you can ward off these attacks.
In Him!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Soverign Grace, first thanks for the reply, Second I hope you are enduring this attack. we're in a war that has already been won in Christ Jesus. it is left now to only endure to the END, and we do that by "FAITH", meaning STANDING on the Word of God. there are thing to pray about, but also there are things we must "STAND" for, and aganist. and by Standing on the Word of God we "OVERCOME".

that's why I gave you those scripture, so that you are reminded to STAND also. listen,
Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

see, the war is already won, the devil power is only deception. that word "wiles" of the devil, it only means "trickery".

now to show you how I stood aganist the devil in an argument, and won the battle in christ Jesus, and overcame the trickery of the evil one. is this, don't you argue with them, it takes two to argue, if its family members, a love one, just listen, and evidently they will run out of fuel, (things to argue about). if you join in their argument, you're only adding fuel to their FIRE. so to quench a fire, is to put up a firewall, a shield. Eph 6:16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked".

sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, that wisdom of God came in the form of old back woodsmen who knew how to put out a forest fire. their shield was a back fire.

the word of God, his wisdom, can be a back fire to an argument, it will allow you to overcome any fire/argument, just STAND still and watch the Salv......... of the Lord, by using your shield, "Faith" that he has already given you.

Hope this helped.

be blessed, and be strong in the Lord.
Yes I feel encouraged by the verses and your concern. Thank you!

I do like to hear of instances where others have gone through similar issues. I'm trying to get my husband to realize when something is a spiritual attack instead of suffering through something blindly. I've been wanting to read a free book online "The Snares of the Devil." I think that the old-time bible teachers had more of a grasp on these spiritual issues. Today's preaching doesn't seem to really teach in-depth about the realities of the two kingdoms. I'm seeing more and more how everything comes down to spiritual.

Snares of the Devil. - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Reactions: Nancy

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I too love that verse. And, I do rely on people on here for fellowship, prayer, even friendship! There are a few on here I do consider my friends even though we had never met. We are still of the family of Christ and do love one another, laugh and cry with and for each other.
I will pray for your family S.G., and:
" Attacks seem to hit before I realize that's what is happening". <--- also for discernment and wisdom to recognize what starts them off so you can ward off these attacks.
In Him!
Thank you. I feel connected to other believers here too even though we haven't met in person - but one day look forward to. After all the trouble and strife here just imagine that peace and relief of being in heaven. I keep hoping that the end is not far off.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I feel connected to other believers here too even though we haven't met in person - but one day look forward to. After all the trouble and strife here just imagine that peace and relief of being in heaven. I keep hoping that the end is not far off.
" I keep hoping that the end is not far off." Yes, it would be awesome to be free of this world. Although, I do sometimes find myself ambivalent concerning this as, there are still so many people in my life, or that I know that are not saved :( so, then I feel a bit guilty; like knowing they would be "left behind", so to speak. Lol...we just gotta keep sowing them seeds! ♥

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to thank you all for your prayers! My relatives are coming back here tomorrow! It was such a beautiful turnaround and it was clearly answered prayer! Please pray as I'm going to give them the first book I read "Steps to Christ" when they come here.

God bless you all. I hope that I can have the privilege of praying for you in your time of need.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to thank you all for your prayers! My relatives are coming back here tomorrow! It was such a beautiful turnaround and it was clearly answered prayer! Please pray as I'm going to give them the first book I read "Steps to Christ" when they come here.

God bless you all. I hope that I can have the privilege of praying for you in your time of need.
Ohhhhh YAYAYAYAY! NOT that I'm surprised, we know how our God answers the prayers of His children ♥ I will and have been praying for their hearts to be softened and that your relatives and you will have a beautifully restored relationship in Christ! And, that they will receive "Steps To Christ" with eagerness to read it with an open mind and a softened heart, and if there be any pride in their way that God would give them the grace to be humble enough to receive His Truth! Amen