Can you pray the "veil" away from someone who is unsaved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been troubled by some loved ones who have turned their back on the faith and seem to find fault with everything I do. And it's usually one person agreeing with another in their wrong. It got to the point that I wanted to write them off until a thought came to me that they are the ones that need prayer the most. I know that Satan puts a "veil" over the mind so that someone doesn't believe, but do you believe that we can "pray" that veil away and if you pray that way, do you bind Satan or just pray for that person's salvation?

Also, from what I see, it looks like Satan throws delusions over people. We attended a very legalistic church one time where the people were scurrying around trying to live up to the legalities of the faith and there was very little love at that church; the prevailing feeling was judgmentallism. The pastor's wife ended up committing suicide. It's so sad because I think that she was trapped with a church full of people always judging her and I wouldn't have wanted to live under those circumstances either. We left the church but she couldn't.

Then we attended another church that was completely worldly. I recall trying to walk out after the service and this guy was pushing his mother out in a wheelchair shouting "BEEP BEEP BEEP" and if I hadn't gotten out of his way he would have rammed my ankles. If anyone has ever had their ankles rammed by a shopping cart, you know it's painful. We may have been in church but that guy was a jerk. He and his new squeeze were rude and would often take over prayer time giving long-winded accounts of the poor wronged father trying to get custody of his boys so that he and the new squeeze could raise them. They never seemed to care if others wanted to ask for prayer or discuss anything other than their custody battle.
Almost the entire church was worldly and the family that owned it were in the national newspapers after being caught in corruption.

So I've seen so much go on in churches and the leadership often seems unaware at how far off course they are. It made me wonder if Satan throws mass delusion over people because the various churches we've been in there seems to be an overall delusion or group-think type of thing going on and if you oppose it you're labeled a troublemaker or heretic.

I recall speaking with another Christian who told me that she had been at a Christian event and everyone burst out laughing. Has anyone ever heard of this, and is it godly or demonic?

I'm trying to make sense of a lot that I've seen over the years and how best to pray for those with the veil.

2 Corinthians 4:4

“In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm trying to make sense of a lot that I've seen over the years and how best to pray for those with the veil.
Sure you can pray for them. Mass delusion as noted in 2 Thessalonians is not for the Church Age or the Gospel Age. That will be in the future after the Antichrist appears.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for another person is always good.

But God never forces a person to believe and accept Him. We need to remember that and not try to force things ourselves. We are not the ultimate witness of God's Truthfulness- that would be the Holy Spirit.

Praying for yourself to have peace and trust in God is also always good.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It worked for Howard Storm!
An avowed and mean atheist...his words...the nuns at the University he worked at as an Art professor
prayed for him for 12 years.
He is now a pastor...his favorite nun came to visit him in the hospital...she basically said..It took long enough!

Howard Storm can be googled on youtube to hear his story...many to pick from.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, so many assemblies are composed of those who lack discernment regarding both the state of their church and themselves. We can pray that the eyes of their understanding be enlightened (Eph. 1:8). After numerous attempts to find a church home, I set that pursuit aside.

The list of things that took place within my first attempts to find a church home, within six or seven buildings, kept me from wanting to further my search. Perhaps one might look at me as if I were a believer at Corinth, and think I am insisting that I am solely of Christ (1 Cor. 1:12), but though I am a bit of a loner, I keep in close contact with many of the believers from my earliest beginnings (1972). We keep in touch despite our scattered locations.

I grew away from most TV names. Thankfully, the Lord has increased my knowledge and understanding due to dedicated systematic studies. Also, I enjoy apologetics. The politics that is such a big part of today's organized gatherings, plus the large seeker friendly TV followings of tens of thousands of members, have me pretty well turned off to a reentry.