can you share something about the quran that you know

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Holy999 said:

can you share something about the quran that you know​

Yes. It contains the same hidden secrets as the Bible, hidden in plain sight using the same allegorical and cryptic terminology.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
The Koran says Jesus was NOT the Son of God, so I'm sure the naughty step awaits all muslims..:)
Both the Koran and Bible have much allegorical content so you're probably for the naughty step too having foolishly taken it literally !

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that the angel that appeared in that cave, and gave the words of the koran, was not the angel he claimed to be. Appearing as an angel of light, does not often bring light. Jesus is The Light of the world.

Reactions: Enoch111

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

can you share something about the quran that you know​

Sure.

I have one on my shelf right here, but I can access any number of qur'ans online as needful also.

[03] Divorce and Child Brides (no courses/periods) and Pregnancies -

Surah 65:4 (al-Hilali-Khan translation) -
“... And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubt (about their periods), is three months; and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]. And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is until they lay down their burden; and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him. ...”​
Surah 65:5 (al-Hilali-Khan translation) -
“... That is the Command of Allah, which He has sent down to you; and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will expiate from him his sins, and will enlarge his reward. ...”​
Surah 65:6 (al-Hilali-Khan translation) -
“... Lodge them (the divorced women) where you dwell, according to your means, and do not harm them so as to straiten them (that they be obliged to leave your house). And if they are pregnant, then spend on them till they lay down their burden. Then if they give suck to the children for you, given them their due payment, and let each of you accept the advice of the other in a just way. But if you make difficulties for one another, then some other woman may give suck for him (the father of the child). ...”​

Reactions: The Learner

Niblo

Jul 16, 2021
Leeds
Faith
Muslim
Country
United Kingdom
The Quran calls Christians and Jews "infidels" who will end up in Hell.
This is not correct.

The word ‘infidel’ was coined in the mid-15th century. It is derived from the Middle French ‘infidèle’, or Latin ‘īnfidēlis’; meaning ‘not faithful’; and was used by the Church to denote anyone who did not accept its core doctrines, or who belonged to a different religion. The word does not exist in classical Arabic, and is not found in the Qur’an.

‘Infidel’ is sometimes used (incorrectly) to render the Qur’anic word ‘kafir’; a word derived from the root K-F-R (kafara); one meaning of which is ‘to cover’ or ‘to conceal’:

‘Bear in mind that the present life is just a game, a diversion, an attraction, a cause of boasting among you, of rivalry in wealth and children. It is like plants that spring up after the rain: their growth at first delights the sowers (‘l-kufāra’), but then you see them wither away, turn yellow, and become stubble. There is terrible punishment in the next life as well as forgiveness and approval from God; the life of this world is only an illusory pleasure.’ (Al-Hadid: 20).

A sower covers the seed at planting time; and because of this may be called (without any pejorative implication) a ‘kafir’ – ‘one who covers’.

Kufr becomes a sin when a believer (Jew, Christian or Muslim) deliberately buries – in her heart – what she knows to be true, in order to disobey: ‘I know I really shouldn’t be doing this, but I’m going to do it anyway….just this once……it’ll be alright.’

John Calvin captures the meaning of ‘kufr’ (in this context) when he writes:

‘I say, therefore, that he sins against the Holy Spirit who, while so constrained by the power of divine truth that he cannot plead ignorance, yet deliberately resists, and that merely for the sake of resisting.’ (‘Institutes of the Christian Religion; Book 3; Chapter 3; Section 22).

The word ‘kafir’ is also used to denote one who is ungrateful; one who refuses to acknowledge favours given by their Lord:

‘And so Moses said to his people, ‘Remember God’s blessing on you when He saved you from Pharaoh’s people, who were inflicting terrible suffering on you, slaughtering your sons and sparing only your women – that was a severe test from your Lord! Remember that He promised, “If you are grateful, I will give you more, but if you are ungrateful (‘kafartum’), My punishment is terrible indeed.” ’ And Moses said, ‘Even if you, together with everybody else on earth, are ungrateful, God is self-sufficient, worthy of all praise.’ (Ibrahim: 6-8).

Puritan Muslims use ‘kafir’ as a term of abuse; applying it especially to Christians and Jews. This is not correct. Indeed, according to the Encyclopaedia of Islam, a Muslim commits an offence if he accuses a Christian or a Jew of unbelief (cf. Encyclopaedia of Islam: second edition).

Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) refers to Christian and Jews as ‘Ahl al-kitab’ (the ‘People of the Book’ – an honorific title). This is what He has to say about them:

‘Those who believe, and do good deeds, are the best of creation. Their reward with their Lord is everlasting Gardens graced with flowing streams, where they will stay forever. Allāh is well pleased with them and they with Him. All this is for those who stand in awe of their Lord.’ (Al-Bayyina: 7-8; my emphasis).

Take especial note of these verses. It has been my privilege to know – and to love – many Christians who were shining examples of Christian love and good practice. These verses assure me that they shall have their reward in Heaven. These verses assure me that every Christian, and every Jew, who carries the Exalted in their hearts, and who strives to do good, will have their reward. This is a solemn promise, and the Exalted does not renege on His promises.

Peace.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
At least Christians don't fly planes into buildings or cut people's heads off..:)
The fact of the matter is, angry Muslims appear to be colorblind; when someone is not Muslim then it is definitely a Christian, they tend to believe that the individuals responsible for killing their fellow Muslims must undoubtedly be Christians. So, they blame the Christians for decapitating their fellow brothers.

Reactions: The Learner