Can you survive the upcoming great tribulation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible indicates a great crowd which no man can number will. Will you be among them? What are some qualifiers found in the Bible?

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Bible indicates a great crowd which no man can number. Will you be among them? What are some qualifiers found in the Bible?
I presume you are referring to Revelation 7:9 (WEB):

After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude, which no man could count, out of every nation and of all tribes, peoples, and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands.​

So my answer would be no, I hope to become a member of the body of Christ and to already be in heaven with Jesus before the events of Rev. 7:9 takes place. I hope to become a son of God, not a servant of God. :) See How Could Have Satan Sinned? for my explanation of who the 144,000 are.

Revelation 7:13-17 (WEB):
(13) One of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are arrayed in the white robes, who are they, and from where did they come?”
(14) I told him, “My lord, you know.” He said to me, “These are those who came out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes, and made them white in the Lamb’s blood.
(15) Therefore they are before the throne of God, they serve him day and night in his temple. He who sits on the throne will spread his tabernacle over them.
(16) They will never be hungry, neither thirsty any more; neither will the sun beat on them, nor any heat;
(17) for the Lamb who is in the middle of the throne shepherds them, and leads them to springs of life-giving waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

As I understand it, there will be seven groups of people:

1. Christians - resurrected as immortal divine spirit beings, living with Jesus and sharing in his ruling over God's Kingdom, blessing the rest of mankind.
2. 144,000 anointed Israelites - Jews that are annointed to preach the Gospel during the Great Tribulation.
3. Tribulation saints (Great multitude [Rev. 7], includes the 144,000 servants) - living through the great tribulation during which they become believers in Christ. They may be killed and then resurrected, or just changed, and become mortal spirit beings, living in heaven and serving God.
4. The rest of Israel, those living through the Tribulation and those resurrected afterwards, at the start of the Millenium - they'll live as humans on earth, and will be God's representatives on the earth.
5. The ancient worthies (prophets) - having a better resurrection, resurrected immediately as perfect humans on earth, living through the Millenium, and will be God's representatives on the earth.
6. Non Christians who remain loyal to God - those not becoming believers during the Tribulation, and the rest of mankind resurrected after the Tribulation, living as humans on earth, living through the Millenium until Satan is released from the pit. They pass the final test and will live eternally on the earth.
7. Non Christians who side with Satan - those that live through the tribulation and those that are resurrected as humans on earth, living through the Millenium until Satan is released from the pit. They fail the final test, siding with Satan, and will destroyed - the second (and pemanent) death.

Jesus and the resurrected church will be blessing and teaching resurrected mankind during the Millenium, gradually restoring everyone back to human perfection:

Micah 4:1-2
(1) But in the latter days, it will happen that the mountain of Yahweh’s temple will be established on the top of the mountains, and it will be exalted above the hills; and peoples will stream to it.
(2) Many nations will go and say, “Come! Let’s go up to the mountain of Yahweh, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths.” For the law will go out of Zion, and Yahweh’s word from Jerusalem;

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin You asked:

First things first!
Can we survive today?

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

Reactions: Truman and Jay Ross

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin You asked:

First things first!
Can we survive today?

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

Today is but a day Amad, some of us will die on this day, others will not, my point was surviving the execution of the forces of Jehovah sent to remove the wicked sir. There are definite requirements for that.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today is but a day Amad, some of us will die on this day, others will not, my point was surviving the execution of the forces of Jehovah sent to remove the wicked sir. There are definite requirements for that.
"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Rom 8:31

What does it take to stay always on God's side?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Reactions: Robert Gwin

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: survive tribulation?

Precious friends, many have "survived tribulation" and many have not, for nigh on 2000 years now. IF we are referring to surviving "Great Tribulation" for ISRAEL and the nations, Then: No, we, The Body Of CHRIST, Will Already "Have Departed to God's Great GloryLand!"

See you there?:
God's Simple Will!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: survive tribulation?

Precious friends, many have "survived tribulation" and many have not, for nigh on 2000 years now. IF we are referring to surviving "Great Tribulation" for ISRAEL and the nations, Then: No, we, The Body Of CHRIST, Will Already "Have Departed to God's Great GloryLand!"

See you there?:
God's Simple Will!

Surviving the great tribulation is a bit different, only those who are Divinely protected will survive.