Can you (We) drink of a deadly thing (the curse), and it not hurt you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16:15-18
[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

"He that believeth and is baptized (in His name) shall be saved;"
"...but he that believeth not (in His name) shall be damned." Cursed.

One verse: "They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them..." (Genesis 3:17-18) "And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;"

"...in sorrow shall you eat of the ground all the days of thy life; thorns and thistles shall it bring forth to thee;" (Genesis 22:13) And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns..." …"And they platted a crown of thorns and put it about his head. And began to salute him, Hail, King of the Jews!" (Mark 15:17-18).

(Genesis 3:14) " And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:"

"They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;"

There is nothing more deadly than to drink of the curse of death. To conceive thorns and thistle. To be dead and unfruitful so that no matter how hard you (labour)work and plow the ground...it will not yield Life but only thorns and thistle. To be separated from God by sin and death.

"They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;" There is nothing more deadly than to drink down the curse upon all mankind. Consider those who believe in His name take up serpents...and the serpent being cursed to eat of the dust. cursed above all beast, to go on his belly and "...to eat of the dust." all his days. (Numbers 5:17) tells us of the bitter water: "And the priest shall take the holy water in an earthen vessel; and of the dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle the priest shall take, and put it into the water."

Please keep Christ in mind what He(the Lord our God) has done to free the promised seed of Abraham while reading Numbers 5. Please keep in mind the Son kneeling, sweating blood, knowing He will drink of the cup of the curse(the wrath of God) for all mankind.

Numbers 5:18-31
[18] And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord , and uncover the woman's head, and put the offering of memorial in her hands, which is the jealousy offering: and the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that causeth the curse: [19] And the priest shall charge her by an oath, and say unto the woman, If no man have lain with thee, and if thou hast not gone aside to uncleanness with another instead of thy husband, be thou free from this bitter water that causeth the curse: [20] But if thou hast gone aside to another instead of thy husband, and if thou be defiled, and some man have lain with thee beside thine husband: [21] Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman, The Lord make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the Lord doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell; [22] And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. [23] And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water: [24] And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter. [25] Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the Lord , and offer it upon the altar: [26] And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water. [27] And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that , if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. [28] And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. [29] This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled; [30] Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the Lord , and the priest shall execute upon her all this law. [31] Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity.

The differences: one woman is found guilty, the other guiltless:
The promised seed made to Abraham, where the woman is found not guilty of the curse and is free, and shall conceive seed and out of this promised seed comes Christ. (Mark 14:36) "And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee;
take this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt."

Christ drank of the cup of the curse in our place and became guilty so that we could be free and conceive good things instead of thorns and thistle. Out of good ground, which is the heart comes life more abundantly instead of the curse of death. We are free. Those who believe in His name are not damned and can indeed drink of a deadly thing(today) and it will NOT hurt them. The curse holds not more power over us. Our Husband, Our Head drank of the harm(hurt) in our place, so that we could have a clear conscience from dead works and be FREE to come before and to serve the living God. (Hebrews 9:14)

(Matthew 20:22-23) "But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

"Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with:..." and it will not harm you. "If they drink of the curse(the deadly thing), it shall not hurt them."

"Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

The good news of peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Jesus begged His Father to take the "cup" away from Him. If this drinking the cup was taking on the curse of sin, in the sense of paying our penalty, then, well, Jesus said that it was for reason of His death that He came into the world.

Jesus wasn't trying to avoid dying for our sins, even though it meant taking on the curse, as you say.

However . . . there was a cup that He would share with His disciples, the cup of suffering, the pain and agony and contempt. The disciples would most certainly drink from that cup!

My 2 cents . . .

Much love!
Mark

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them
This was for the Apostolic Age, but there is no biblical record of this being tested other than the incident where Paul shook off a snake that had latched on to him. Paul did not go looking for a viper or asking for a poisonous drink. So it would be best not to try something like this. There have been some modern snake handlers who have paid the ultimate price ( about 100 deaths).

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was for the Apostolic Age, but there is no biblical record of this being tested other than the incident where Paul shook off a snake that had latched on to him. Paul did not go looking for a viper or asking for a poisonous drink. So it would be best not to try something like this. There have been some modern snake handlers who have paid the ultimate price ( about 100 deaths).

Yes...but you can’t take away one without taking away all. He said these signs follow them that believe. To take away one and say it is not for us then you must take away all. “They speak with a new tongues” yes or no? “They lay hands on the sick and they recover? Yes or no? Mark 16:17-18 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Do you believe James 5:14-15 ? Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: [15] And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Yes or no? These signs follow those who believe...they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover? The “prayer of faith” shall save the sick.

Paul shook the serpent off in the fire. You don’t see that is not random? Serpents go into the fire...that is where serpents are destoryed... in the Fire. It is all Spiritual and those who believe do cast out devils,(torment) they do speak with new tongues, they do drink poison and it doesn’t harm them, they do lay hands on the sick and they recover. As you said, it is not literal snakes we are to hold...it’s those serpents that torment a person. We can’t deny what God says is true just because we ‘literally’ do not see it happening ...it is BY faith in His name (them who believe).

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Numbers 5:18-31
[18] And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord , and uncover the woman's head, and put the offering of memorial in her hands, which is the jealousy offering: and the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that causeth the curse:[19] And the priest shall charge her by an oath, and say unto the woman, If no man have lain with thee, and if thou hast not gone aside to uncleanness with another instead of thy husband, be thou free from this bitter water that causeth the curse: [20] But if thou hast gone aside to another instead of thy husband, and if thou be defiled, and some man have lain with thee beside thine husband: [21] Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman, The Lord make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the Lord doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell; [22] And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. [23] And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water: [24] And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter. [25] Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the Lord , and offer it upon the altar: [26] And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water. [27] And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that , if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot:and the woman shall be a curse among her people. [28] And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. [29] This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled; [30] Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the Lord , and the priest shall execute upon her all this law. [31] Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity.

This IS the law of jealousies:
And the priest shall execute upon her all this law....the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water: [24] And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter.

Did Christ drink of the bitter water that cause the curse in our place? Did He not taste death for all men that they might be free from the curse?

“...thigh shall rot:and the woman shall be a curse among her people. [28] And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.

The woman shall be a curse among her people. ... He bore our curse so that we would NO LONGER be a curse.

IF the woman be not defiled(in His name) but be clean(in His name)...THEN she shall be FREE, and shall conceive seed.

Is this not the promised seed of the FREEwoman? The freewoman not defiled but clean and shall conceive seed?
hear what He has done: Isaiah 33:9-13
[9] The earth mourneth and languisheth: Lebanon is ashamed and hewn down: Sharon is like a wilderness; and Bashan and Carmel shake off their fruits . [10] Now will I rise, saith the Lord ; now will I be exalted; now will I lift up myself. [11] Ye shall conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble: your breath, as fire, shall devour you. [12] And the people shall be as the burnings of lime: as thorns cut up shall they be burned in the fire. [13] Hear, ye that are far off, what I have done; and, ye that are near, acknowledge my might.

Hear, you who are far off, what I have done; and you near, acknowledge MY Might. Ephesians 2:16-17
[16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: [17] And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did Christ drink of the bitter water that cause the curse in our place? Did He not taste death for all men that they might be free from the curse?
The Scripture you quoted from Numbers was a part of the Old Covenant and has no relevance to this question. Christ was made a curse for us on a different basis. It was not *bitter water* but *fiery judgment* (the *baptism* He was baptized with on the cross).

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: (Gal 3:13)

When the Lord Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross, He hung on a tree and He was made SIN for us. And while He suffered and bled and died, He endured all the wrath of God against sin. That is how He took away the sin of the world, and the curse of sin and death on humanity. But at the same time, His finished work of redemption avails only for those who repent and believe on Him exclusively for their salvation.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scripture you quoted from Numbers was a part of the Old Covenant and has no relevance to this question. Christ was made a curse for us on a different basis. It was not *bitter water* but *fiery judgment* (the *baptism* He was baptized with on the cross).

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: (Gal 3:13)

When the Lord Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross, He hung on a tree and He was made SIN for us. And while He suffered and bled and died, He endured all the wrath of God against sin. That is how He took away the sin of the world, and the curse of sin and death on humanity. But at the same time, His finished work of redemption avails only for those who repent and believe on Him exclusively for their salvation.

Of course you are free to believe that but considering Hebrews 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

The volume of the book is written of Christ. Even those Old Testament passages speak of what God will do through the Son.

Numbers 30:13-15
[13] Every vow, and every binding oath to afflict the soul, her husband may establish it, or her husband may make it void. [14] But if her husband altogether hold his peace at her from day to day; then he establisheth all her vows, or all her bonds, which are upon her: he confirmeth them, because he held his peace at her in the day that he heard them . [15] But if he shall any ways make them void after that he hath heard them ; then he shall bear her iniquity.

“...then he(her husband) shall bear her iniquity.” Which He did. Notice the priest takes holy water in an earthen vessel...and of the dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle and put it in the water. Numbers 5:16-17 And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the Lord : [17] And the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel; and of the dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle the priest shall take, and put it into the water:

It is not some crasy ritual God tells to be done ...but is a foreshadowing of Christ. Hebrews 13:10-11 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. [11] For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.

I’m sorry. But really can you argue that it is not about God’s will to reconcile man to Him through the Son? Psalm 40:7-8 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, [8] I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m sorry. But really can you argue that it is not about God’s will to reconcile man to Him through the Son?
What does this have to do with OT vows?

These are the statutes, which the LORD commanded Moses, between a man and his wife, between the father and his daughter, being yet in her youth in her father's house. (v 16).

It would be really S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G it to try and connect this to the sacrifice of Christ. Context is critical.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does this have to do with OT vows?

These are the statutes, which the LORD commanded Moses, between a man and his wife, between the father and his daughter, being yet in her youth in her father's house. (v 16).

It would be really S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G it to try and connect this to the sacrifice of Christ. Context is critical.

As my husband pointed out to me earlier and I had never thought about it...when Psalm 40:6-7 was written the OT is all there was. “Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. [7] Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,”

Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire...but mercy.Not only the NT but the OT too... “Lo, I come: in the volume of the book is is written of me,” (mercy)

what does (Numbers 5: 13-31)mean to you then? if Numbers 5:28 does not speak of mercy and the freewoman of the promised seed? “And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive (Spiritual)seed.”
1 John 3:9
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

There is only one woman who is free...
John 8:36-37 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. [37] I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word (seed)hath no place in you.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what does (Numbers 5: 13-31)mean to you then? if Numbers 5:28 does not speak of mercy and the freewoman of the promised seed?
VIJ,
We cannot simply take verses from all over the Bible and put them together because they happen to have an identical word (such as "seed" for example). That leads to spiritual confusion, not clarity.

Number 5: 11-31 is one unit and it addresses how a woman (under the Law of Moses) suspected of being unfaithful to her husband was to be tested for guilt or innocence before the LORD. If she was guilty she would be cursed, if not she would be free to bear children ("seed").

None of this can be applied to day, since the Levitical priesthood is gone, and there is no tabernacle or temple on earth. The Old Covenant finished the day Christ died.

This passage has absolutely nothing to do with Psalm 40:6-7 or 1 John 3:9 or John 8:36-37. If someone was unfamiliar with Scripture and Bible truth, and you put all these verse together, all you would do is cause that person to become thoroughly confused.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VIJ,
We cannot simply take verses from all over the Bible and put them together because they happen to have an identical word (such as "seed" for example). That leads to spiritual confusion, not clarity.

Number 5: 11-31 is one unit and it addresses how a woman (under the Law of Moses) suspected of being unfaithful to her husband was to be tested for guilt or innocence before the LORD. If she was guilty she would be cursed, if not she would be free to bear children ("seed").

None of this can be applied to day, since the Levitical priesthood is gone, and there is no tabernacle or temple on earth. The Old Covenant finished the day Christ died.

This passage has absolutely nothing to do with Psalm 40:6-7 or 1 John 3:9 or John 8:36-37. If someone was unfamiliar with Scripture and Bible truth, and you put all these verse together, all you would do is cause that person to become thoroughly confused.

Romans 3:19-20
[19] Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. [20] Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

God speaks on a matter through the entirety of the word from”let there be light” to “in the beginning there was light” to “HE is the light that came into the world” to “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.”

It is scarlet threads and not random. God defines His own language within the text as a garment we put on. He communicates through the word. I’ve seen you take a verse from the NT and connect it to the OT, to find its depth. It all connects and weaves together to reveal Christ. (The volume of the book is of Him) The Mosaic Law reveals Christ and our need to fully know Him.

On a personal note:

I used to assume was some creepy ritual. I mean the guilty womans thigh rots and her belly swells. Sounds like a witch ritual. UNTIL He showed me the mercy in “if not guilty she would be FREE to bear children (seed)” free of the guilt of the Mosaic Law of Jealousy. That is us. Those freed by Christ. His body.
Ephesians 5:30-32 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. [31] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. [32] This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

If it is all the same with you...I prefer to not see it as some creepy ritual of making a woman get on her knees and drink some bitter cursed water to test her guilt. But more of the depth of what mercy we have been shown in Christ. Set free to conceive and bear children.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Can you (We) drink of a deadly thing (the curse), and it not hurt you?

Could you now be drawn into some "good" sounding Work of the Law, like when you were a new believer? Prolly not right. If you were to say have another son, would you have him circumcised? Too?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can we drink any deadly think and it not hurt us.
Because the Lord said it...the answer is obviously yes.

Can it be done just to prove a point? no.

We probably do it already unknowingly!

We drink of the river of life...= Jesus.
So I am sure we 'drink' poison sometimes...which does not hurt us spiritually.

If you have ever read any of the works of Richard Wurmbrand...
( Tortured For Christ ) He was in prison for his faith for years and years..
Once he was given poison by his captors ...mocking him with that scripture...Mark 16:18 ...he drank it and he didn't die.

They used to gather ALL the christians...( be they Catholic, JW, Mormon , Baptist or whatever...any of them who were imprisoned for calling themselves christians).... they made them "take communion" ..with Urine and Feces.

And we some days, think that 'we' are hard done by!!!

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If it is all the same with you...I prefer to not see it as some creepy ritual of making a woman get on her knees and drink some bitter cursed water to test her guilt.
Why would it be a *creepy* ritual if commanded by the LORD Himself? And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel... (Num 5:5,6).

It was definitely not a creepy ritual, and it was completely appropriate for the time for which is was given (it would still be appropriate if God so chose). The primary (and important) thing to note is that the ritual was given by God to Israel through Moses.

What you seem not be be accepting is the need to stop making a mishmash of the Scriptures. While the whole Bible is given by God, we are told to "rightly divide (interpret) the Word of God", not put random verses together and conjure up something.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would it be a *creepy* ritual if commanded by the LORD Himself? And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel... (Num 5:5,6).

It was definitely not a creepy ritual, and it was completely appropriate for the time for which is was given (it would still be appropriate is God so chose). The primary (and important) thing to note is that the ritual was given by God to Israel through Moses.

What you seem not be be accepting is the need to stop making a mishmash of the Scriptures. While the whole Bible is given by God, we are told to "rightly divide (interpret) the Word of God", not put random verses together and conjure up something.

Ok. Not creepy to you then. I’m sorry but it is just like God telling them to take the lepers who had to shout “I am unclean!” without and giving the command to stone them. Or those unclean ...the woman bleeding
Leviticus 15:19-21 And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. [20] And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. [21] And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

Stoning you may say was perfectly normal for the time. Instead (imo) it was God collecting those things without the city, He would come for in NT. Those set apart as “unclean” He makes clean in
Hebrews 13:12-14 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. [13] Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. [14] For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

Same as the woman set free and conceives. free from what?
Deuteronomy 4:23-24 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the Lord your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing , which the Lord thy God hath forbidden thee. [24] For the Lord thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free from the charge of being an unfaithful wife. Conception would confirm that she was not guilty. Again Deut 4:23-24 has nothing to do with this.

Galatians 4:31
[31] So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

We disagree but that is ok. :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free from the charge of being an unfaithful wife.

Romans 11:4-7
[4] But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. [5] Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. [6] And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. [7] What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

I would ask: Is this the freewoman or not? Of the election? Where does Galatians 4:28-31 fit? “now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. [29] But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. [30] Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. [31] So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Are we not children of “Free from the charge of being an unfaithful wife.” Of the promised seed?