Cancel Culture is going to destroy us all!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The theme is we no longer forgive!

John Gruden was the head football coach of the Raiders. A team that in the 70's and 80's had success as a bunch of hard nosed misfits but damn good players.

Now, Gruden who is a coach who has been as high on success as they come and low as they can go is out of a job when the team isnt doing too bad.

Why? Because of private emails fron 2011. There is more to the story, and it is suggested that its been a long going thing to this day.

I don't know... And don't care. Homophobia and racist attitudes should not be tolerated. I get that, and I am on board.

But there is a problem: first, folks are bringing up stuff that is a decade or several decades old. Second, everyone has a skeleton in there closet; third... No one is ever willing to forgive even if the offending party denounces their behavior!

And... I find it utter hypocrisy that Democrats so quickly dismissed Joe Biden's problems with sexual harassment!

But that's how they are... Even so, cancel culture hasn't left them unscared either. Al Franklin had to leave. The Gov from New York had to leave... And perhaps it was right.

The biggest victim of cancel culture is the blessing of forgiving. No, I am not suggesting you leave one unaccountable for their actions. Do so! But what about forgiveness?

Matthew 6 says if you don't forgive others, God won't forgive you.

I have talked of celebrities. But what of others in your life? People a jerks. I get that and I am fed up with them! But....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The theme is we no longer forgive!

John Gruden was the head football coach of the Raiders. A team that in the 70's and 80's had success as a bunch of hard nosed misfits but damn good players.

Now, Gruden who is a coach who has been as high on success as they come and low as they can go is out of a job when the team isnt doing too bad.

Why? Because of private emails fron 2011. There is more to the story, and it is suggested that its been a long going thing to this day.

I don't know... And don't care. Homophobia and racist attitudes should not be tolerated. I get that, and I am on board.

But there is a problem: first, folks are bringing up stuff that is a decade or several decades old. Second, everyone has a skeleton in there closet; third... No one is ever willing to forgive even if the offending party denounces their behavior!

And... I find it utter hypocrisy that Democrats so quickly dismissed Joe Biden's problems with sexual harassment!

But that's how they are... Even so, cancel culture hasn't left them unscared either. Al Franklin had to leave. The Gov from New York had to leave... And perhaps it was right.

The biggest victim of cancel culture is the blessing of forgiving. No, I am not suggesting you leave one unaccountable for their actions. Do so! But what about forgiveness?

Matthew 6 says if you don't forgive others, God won't forgive you.

I have talked of celebrities. But what of others in your life? People a jerks. I get that and I am fed up with them! But....
I've heard it said to not use labels like black or white person, Hispanic etc. That is also a cancel culture idea. Trying to confuse the world. Police regularly use labels to distinguish and I think they would find the idea of canceling labels absurd to investigation. Try explaining who the person was that you're talking about without using a label. It limits your descriptive power.

I think the people behind cancel culture are doing the same thing the democrats are doing today. Testing the waters to see if they can have power over the people. We have vaccine mandates in liberal states and it's an abuse of power. Much of the cancel culture is also a form of abuse of power even though they have none. They're testing the waters to see if they can control the population.

I think cancel culture is a form of abuse though.

And what is the agenda they want to push on the population. What is the reason they are testing the waters?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get that and I am fed up with them! But....

Rape is not about sex, it's about power. And cancel culture is just the same, as the oligarchs seek power over their perceived enemies. The emails are the tool. Or Giulliani, some backwater court suspends his law license for practicing his profession! If that can't get you this way, they'll get you that way. And Hunter's laptop is competely ignored.

Habakkuk 1.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen and dev553344

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Statue of limitations is what seven years? A lot can change in seven years. Best not to judge anyone to harshly as We are all guilty. What I find fascinating is that the stone throwers think they are innocent. I am a wretched sinner.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think cancel culture is a form of abuse though.
Agreed. But it is a manifestation of demonic possession and demonic control. Just like the Democrats have been totally taken over by demons. The proof is in the fact that they are deliberately destroying America and Americans day by day. The Left is Satanist.

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a problem with people being held accountable for their actions and facing consequences. I don't have a problem with someone being held account for something they've said that is legally determined to be bigoted. Freedom of speech and expression has its limitations, such as inciting actions that would harm others (i.e. shouting "FIRE!" in a crowded theater; Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47; 1919). I don't have a problem with company management deciding whether or not to fire an employee whose controversial actions reflect poorly upon their business. I don't have a problem with social media platforms temporarily banning or permabanning someone who perpetually violates the site rules. Social media boards, such as this one (and other Christian boards similar to it), have a set of rules that members are subject to and must adhere to if they want to avoid being temporarily banned or permabanned from the site. With that being said, I don't approve of someone being targeted and harassed or threatened by other people. I don't approve of angry people signing petitions and demanding that someone be fired from their job.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 12:10

And I heard a loud voice saying in Heaven, “Now have come salvation and strength, and the Kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ; for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night.