Cancel Culture Shut Down Justice Barrett's $2M Book Deal

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. The evil of the Left is so out in the open. According to this article, 500 literary figures are demanding that Penguin Random House rescind its book deal with Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett, due to her voting positions with abortion-rights cases.

For the Left, everything is politics. The ends justify the means. So sad. Thoughts?

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm not surprised by what this generation does, it doesn't surprise me that cancel culture is becomeing the norm these days
It really is getting ridiculous, there was a book released in late 2021, based on a fantasy game with humans and orcs and trolls, and it was withdrawn in less than a week beacuse some young left-wingers on social media angrily began complaining about "harmful racial stereotypes". Most people here cannot begin to imagine how sensitive and emotional the young generation of Americans are.

If only they could do more to actually STOP WAR or stop their young mass shooters rather than trying to champion things such as abortion or Islam or mass censorship. :(

It's not just about banning certain books or movies......or getting celebrities, actors and comedians fired...this reflects a much, much deeper crisis in the fabric of American ideals and principles such as liberty and justice, and will only further exacerbate our internal divides ahead.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw an interesting article on Gateway Pundit,

“What does it mean, exactly?”

Interestingly, we all could tell him examples, but no one—me included—could give a succinct answer to his question.

Short answer?

All the dictionaries define the term as meaning “socially aware of injustice.” Yeah, yeah. That’s like defining Communism as “wanting to help people.” So I started down the rabbit hole road, and here are the general precepts.

Woke is: . . . "

Much love!

• Wow
Reactions: LouisWilliams