Capital Punishment : FLORIDA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
DeSantis Calls for Change to Florida's Death Penalty Law

Florida use to have a Death Penalty similar to TEXAS.
It was administered a lot, and if you were going to kill someone, you didn't want to do it in those 2 States, as they would put you to death if a Jury Decided it, and a 12-0 Unanimous vote was not necessary.
The FLORIDA vote not so long ago was based on a 7-5 JURY vote.
A few years ago, this was changed by people who worry more about a criminal's rights then anything else... to only allow the Death Penalty to be administered based on a unanimous 12-0 Jury conclusion/Vote. The subsequent murderers in Florida were thrilled, as they know that there is always going to be a person who does not want the death penalty for any reason, who will be picked as a Jurist.
The odds are just enormously favored in that direction.

The current Florida Governor wants this changed, to again allow the death penalty based on a 7-5 JURY Vote.

What is your opinion regarding Capital Punishment?

Mine?

I think that a "crime of passion" can be allowed to have allowances/mercy by a Judge/Jury.
As emotions run hot when people are emotionally distraught, they dont think before they act, and the murder is usually committed not based on planning it.
Its a harsh reaction regarding the moment, usually.
For example, if John comes home early from work and His wife Jennifer is committing adultery in their home, and John "goes crazy" and murders them both... then, allowances should be made for John's "mental state" as he was not in his right mind seconds after he realize the situation that involved John's WIFE.

But, if John wants a divorce and Jenn says..>"nope, never"< and he later plans her demise, and executes it as her cold blooded murder, then that is worthy of a death sentence, as that is a PRE-Meditated execution.

Also, if a person decides to take a Gun or more than one, and goes to a public place,= and murders 2 - 50 kids or older, in Allah's Name or in the Name of Jesus, then there should be a Law, across 50 States in the USA, that says...This person who has willfully decided to mass murder, should be defined as a TERRORIST, exactly when they are in the process of the KILLING, and if not shot dead on sight, they should be given "capital punishment" across all 50 States, if found guilty by a 7-5 Jury vote..
Some exceptions do apply, and that would have to be worked out between the Judge and the mental health experts.

But i have to tell you with all sincerity, that in Israel... when a Terrorist opens fire or stabs to death some Israeli, and the Israeli soldiers shoot them dead within the next 10 seconds, .. I dont spend a lot of time wondering if the Terrorist was in their "right mind".
I just feel hurt again knowing that a innocent family lost a son, a daughter, a father, or a mother, or a grandmother or grandfather, because someone read that ALLAH is honored if they murder Jews & Infidels, and that means you CHRISTIAN, according to Allah.

Last edited: