Carefree and Joyously Happy!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 4:4-5
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 6:6-7
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Joyously happy and without a care, this is how our Father intends for us to live. Is this your moment by moment experience? No show of hands please!

When it's not so at any given moment, why is that?

What triggers this "falling from grace?"

What do we need to do to be restored to this joyous and carefree walk in the Spirit?

My answer is to believe that this is what God has already done for us. I believe I move in 3 dimensions, so I walk, and climb stairs, and make turns.

I believe that in Jesus I have access into the grace in which I stand, so I stand in the grace that Jesus supplies, by my ceasing my labor, resting completely in His labor, and follow according to what He's doing.

I think that we experience this walk at all times, with the exception of those times when our trials get the better of us. For some, it is much too much of the time. There was too much time in my life that way. But for a myriad of reasons, I didn't believe it could be real for me.

When I was routinely overwhelmed by trials and temptations, there was precious little of a walk in the Spirit. Through quite the intervention in my life, God left me knowing that this is the way He intends us to live, can make us to live, and that this life is what He has already given to all of His children.

This life is ours only if we believe it to be true. According to your faith. What is you faith? Is it to be saved, but not to live victoriously? Is it to overcome a little? A lot?

Trials throw us down - if we take our eyes off Jesus, seduced by the tossing waves.

Faith - reliance on Jesus, His work, His power - overcomes. And then comes Joy!

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may never know a more carefree person than myself.
What is there EVER to be concerned about?
God's got it all under control...hold His hand while walking thru the crowd...His got me covered in every way.
Everything is perfect...even if to others it doesn't seem to be, because they don't perceive the perfection, even in difficulties.
Ahhh...the freedom and ease of trust and in knowing Him intimately.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You may never know a more carefree person than myself.
What is there EVER to be concerned about?
God's got it all under control...hold His hand while walking thru the crowd...His got me covered in every way.
Everything is perfect...even if to others it doesn't seem to be, because they don't perceive the perfection, even in difficulties.
Ahhh...the freedom and ease of trust and in knowing Him intimately.

Wow. It has been a long time...where have you been hiding?
I hope you have been well?

I cannot say I am always 'care-free' and happy...not on the days I face going to the dentist. I wish I could say that I was!!!

Nice to see you again...I was only thinking of you the other day. :)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I cannot say I am always 'care-free' and happy...not on the
days I face going to the dentist. I wish I could say that I was!!!
Hi, all great with me always...xo
Could I tell you what I do...cuz we all have these little curve balls tossed at us at times.
One - I control my stupid mind or thoughts that want me to feel 'bummed' in all those lovely different ways 'down' feels.
I immediately talk to God...this is a must ...and tell Him..."I don't care...you are having me feel this for Your reasons...
mainly, I think, to not care...and to KNOW THE ONLY thing that is important is that I give you my love...and trust...
so, sock it to me, Lord...doesn't matter...my focus on You is not gonna change...
whether You give me Your sweet fruit or Your sour."

I must always be in focus, in tune with the Truth ..and that is that loving God is THE most imp thing. Period.
Gosh, think what Job and Daniel and Paul went thru...they never got shaken; boils, lions, dungeons...(I don't think, anyway, ha!)
I don't think we are here to be weak...but to always
feel 'Christ strengthens me'...put our armor on and be clear who we are.
I sound like I'm at a pep rally!!!

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Could I tell you what I do...cuz we all have these little curve balls tossed at us at times.
One - I control my stupid mind or thoughts that want me to feel 'bummed' in all those lovely different ways 'down' feels.
I immediately talk to God...this is a must ...and tell Him..."I don't care...you are having me feel this for Your reasons...
mainly, I think, to not care...and to KNOW THE ONLY thing that is important is that I give you my love...and trust...
so, sock it to me, Lord...doesn't matter...my focus on You is not gonna change...

I must always be in focus, in tune with the Truth ..and that is that loving God is THE most imp thing. Period.
Gosh, think what Job and Daniel and Paul went thru...they never got shaken; boils, lions, dungeons...(I don't think, anyway, ha!)
Hi; Ms. H., the Word can straighten us out, day by day, right? :)

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Wonderful...I needed that today! Thank you. :D

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi; Ms. H., the Word can straighten us out, day by day, right? :)
One single verse can set the course for our entire life, that is how powerful Truth is...would you like to share an example of one
that you particularly love and has helped you? *smile* (This could go on for a looong time, LOL!)

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"You may never know a more carefree person than myself."
This truly comes out in your words ♥

"my focus on You is not gonna change...

Brings to mind a favorite song of mine:

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One single verse can set the course for our entire life, that is how powerful Truth is...would you like to share an example of one
that you particularly love and has helped you? *smile* (This could go on for a looong time, LOL!)
John 3.16 is a perennial favorite... :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Job 14:7-9
" For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant
."

However dry, we can and will thrive again!!
Our life comes from our Root.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 14:7-9
" For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant
."
However dry, we can and will thrive again!!
Our life comes from our Root.
Wow, I never saw that verse before! :)

Reactions: Joseph77 and Helen