Casual Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end, after all the flowery speeches about Christians not being condemned for doing the same things we used to do, though less often, it all boils down to unconditional salvation for casual Christian sinners.

We may not enjoy the sinning as much as we used to, and certainly not as often, and we really hate the aftereffects that now includes godly sorrow, but we still do it when we really want to.

This in itself is not failed Christianity, except when it becomes so indoctrinated by flowery speeches of grace, and not being under the law, and no condemnation for them in Christ Jesus, that the confession becomes as casual as the sinning.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

For every casual Christian sinner, there is a causal Muslim and Jewish sinner living the same, but under another name.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two main lies that lead to presumptive casual sinning and confession of Christians:

1. All Christians will be falling into sinful works of the flesh from time to time, and it is impossible not to for any extending period of time.

2. There is no condemnation for Christian believers while doing the same things as unbelievers, because they are under grace.

The first one disannuls and even condemns the full and rich blessedness of Christians living holily, righteously, and blamelessly in this life, with the knowledge of the divine power of Jesus Christ, that we certainly can cleanse ourselves in spirt and in the flesh, and there is no reason whatsoever in heaven or in earth why we can't.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The second sears the conscience to the fact, that while we are sinning like the world, we are just as condemned as the world, and just as much in need of merciful confession unto repentance to be forgiven by Jesus Christ: no man while sinning with the devil is not condemned for sinning with the devil.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus Christ is the propitiation for sins of the whole world, and the ready advocate for any man, whether Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, or atheist sinning against Him to confession and forgiveness and reconciliation to God.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Wherefore now let the fear of the LORD be upon you; take heed and do it: for there is no iniquity with the LORD our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts.

These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.

For there is no respect of persons with God.

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

There is therefore now no condemnation for them now walking in the Spirit and not now sinning in the flesh, and them only.

Yesterday doesn't matter, and tomorrow may not come.

When a Christian understands and acknowledges that our sinful works of the flesh stink to God just as much as any other, and our soul is just as separated from Him as any Muslim or Jew or atheist, then and only then may we sincerely devote our hearts and lives from being causal Christian sinners, to getting hot and just repent of the devilish stuff already.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end, after all the flowery speeches about Christians not being condemned for doing the same things we used to do, though less often, it all boils down to unconditional salvation for casual Christian sinners.

We may not enjoy the sinning as much as we used to, and certainly not as often, and we really hate the aftereffects that now includes godly sorrow, but we still do it when we really want to.

This in itself is not failed Christianity, except when it becomes so indoctrinated by flowery speeches of grace, and not being under the law, and no condemnation for them in Christ Jesus, that the confession becomes as casual as the sinning.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

For every casual Christian sinner, there is a causal Muslim and Jewish sinner living the same, but under another name.

One of the things I love about Jehovah is that any time we get tempted to commit a serious sin, He promises to make the way out. 1 Cor 10:13. I have always found that to be true. Most of the time it is just a matter of walking away. I wish a friend of mine would have done just that the other day, now he is dead, and extreme hardship is put upon two families for not taking the way out.

Reactions: robert derrick