Cathedral

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now here's a song by Marty Stuart, and i gotta say I love it, it's not about a physical building called a cathedral, but it's about going to worship the Holy Ghost in the Cathedral in your heart, in the temple, going to refresh yourself when you are tired in the temple of the Holy Spirit, and i love how it runs 24/7 a day and you don't need to go anywhere to attend this Church, you can choose to take part in it whenever you like. Gotta love the joys of being born again, and one of the great joys is having the Holy Spirit in your heart. When your praising God in your room, there's a lot more going on then you think, angels sing along in the supernatural, you got all of heaven dancing along, the devil absolutely hates it, mountains get flattened, witchcraft gets broken, problems get defeated, the feeling is just joyful, powerful and amazing, you can really just feel the Holy Spirit having a great good time, when you take the time and spend it with him, it's so wonderful.

Marty Stuart - Cathedral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yxkeh1XKOs

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho said:
Now here's a song by Marty Stuart, and i gotta say I love it, it's not about a physical building called a cathedral, but it's about going to worship the Holy Ghost in the Cathedral in your heart, in the temple, going to refresh yourself when you are tired in the temple of the Holy Spirit, and i love how it runs 24/7 a day and you don't need to go anywhere to attend this Church, you can choose to take part in it whenever you like. Gotta love the joys of being born again, and one of the great joys is having the Holy Spirit in your heart. When your praising God in your room, there's a lot more going on then you think, angels sing along in the supernatural, you got all of heaven dancing along, the devil absolutely hates it, mountains get flattened, witchcraft gets broken, problems get defeated, the feeling is just joyful, powerful and amazing, you can really just feel the Holy Spirit having a great good time, when you take the time and spend it with him, it's so wonderful.

Marty Stuart - Cathedral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yxkeh1XKOs
A "Cathedral", by definition is the principal church of a diocese that is the official seat of the Bishop.
"Cathedra" means "Chair", referring to the Chair of the Bishop.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BreadOfLife said:
A "Cathedral", by definition is the principal church of a diocese that is the official seat of the Bishop.
"Cathedra" means "Chair", referring to the Chair of the Bishop.
I agree. I think Josho is using "cathedral" as a metaphor for his interior space.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aiy, Aiy, I'm glad I'm not that educated, a Cathedral is still a Church, but lets not wipe out the fact that the Holy Spirit has a chair within you as well, and it's not just any chair, it's a throne with in you, the throne of the Holy Spirit, we are temples of the Holy Spirit, we can chat with the Holy Spirit, we can rest in the Holy Spirit, we can confess sins, ask for forgiveness, we can worship the Holy Spirit, we can do all of this whenever we like and it doesn't have to be in a Cathedral or a Church or your own room, it can be anywhere, and it does not require a bishop, pastor or a preacher, you don't need to use them as a middle-man to heaven, because being born again, we got the fire, we got the Holy Spirit, we got a direct hotline to God, where ever and whenever we want. Now don't snuff out that flame, get it burning brighter, get it burning bigger, get that supernatural Holy Spirit party going on E-VE-RY-DAY

Now isn't that just a wonderful HALLELUJAH! :happy0141:

:jumping_smiley22:

Apologies for having my head too high up in the clouds, maybe more people need to get there heads up in it. :good_idea:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho said:
Aiy, Aiy, I'm glad I'm not that educated, a Cathedral is still a Church, but lets not wipe out the fact that the Holy Spirit has a chair within you as well, and it's not just any chair, it's a throne with in you, the throne of the Holy Spirit, we are temples of the Holy Spirit, we can chat with the Holy Spirit, we can rest in the Holy Spirit, we can confess sins, ask for forgiveness, we can worship the Holy Spirit, we can do all of this whenever we like and it doesn't have to be in a Cathedral or a Church or your own room, it can be anywhere, and it does not require a bishop, pastor or a preacher, you don't need to use them as a middle-man to heaven, because being born again, we got the fire, we got the Holy Spirit, we got a direct hotline to God, where ever and whenever we want. Now don't snuff out that flame, get it burning brighter, get it burning bigger, get that supernatural Holy Spirit party going on E-VE-RY-DAY

Now isn't that just a wonderful HALLELUJAH! :happy0141:

Apologies for having my head too high up in the clouds, maybe more people need to get there heads up in it. :good_idea:
The office of Bishop and was set up by Jesus - yet YOU think it's okay to do without them??
Lone Ranger Christianity was never sanctioned by Jesus and is condemned in Scripture (Heb. 10:25).

Anyway - Scripture says we are Temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19) - not "Cathedrals".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
now alla sudden you wanna get Scriptural, lol.
"alla sudden"??

Who do you think compiled and declared the canon of the Bible??
The Catholic Church, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit - about 1200 years before there ever was a Protestant.

We are the original "Bible" Church . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
"alla sudden"??

The Catholic Church, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit - about 1200 years before there ever was a Protestant.

We are the original "Bible" Church.
Tim to pull out and dust off your history book . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
BreadOfLife said:
"alla sudden"??

We are the original "Bible" Church . . .
ok well, Eastern Orthos might disagree with you there, at least. Were you the original Bible church before or after Constantinianism? Before or after the Councils that split your church? Your facts seem highly selective, BoL, and designed to exclude, wadr.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ok well, Eastern Orthos might disagree with you there, at least. Were you the original Bible church before or after Constantinianism? Before or after the Councils that split your church? Your facts seem highly selective, BoL, and designed to exclude, wadr.
You need to study your history.

The Easter Orthodox Churches were PART of the Catholic church when the canon was declared in the 4th century at the Councils of Hippo and Carthage.
The East-West split didn't occur until the 11th century.

Being historically and Biblically ignorant is no way to go through life, son.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BreadOfLife said:
You need to study your history.

The Easter Orthodox Churches were PART of the Catholic church when the canon was declared in the 4th century at the Councils of Hippo and Carthage.
The East-West split didn't occur until the 11th century.

Being historically and Biblically ignorant is no way to go through life, son.
i am old enough to be your grandfather, and going through life convinced that you are God does not seem to be improving your countenance much, either. So pardon me if that comes across like the rest of your still-borns. I think you are the best ad for the RCC going, personally, as you do yourself damage every time you post, and have already directly stated that you are in no need of grace. The councils of Nicea were in the 4th Century, and the 2nd and 3rd ones were an obvious sham, even at this remove, so the split was pretty obviously there, regardless of what your programmers taught you, son.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
i am old enough to be your grandfather, and going through life convinced that you are God does not seem to be improving your countenance much, either. So pardon me if that comes across like the rest of your still-borns. I think you are the best ad for the RCC going, personally, as you do yourself damage every time you post, and have already directly stated that you are in no need of grace. The councils of Nicea were in the 4th Century, and the 2nd and 3rd ones were an obvious sham, even at this remove, so the split was pretty obviously there, regardless of what your programmers taught you, son.
Study your history.

I apologize for assuming that you were a very young person. I guess it was your complete lack of historical dnd Scriptural knowledge that gave me this false impression. If my posts seem abrupt to you - it is simply that I have ZERO tolerance for lies - like the one YOU just said about me claiming that I don't need grace.

"Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions" - G.K. Chesterton.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BreadOfLife said:
Study your history.

I apologize for assuming that you were a very young person. I guess it was your complete lack of historical dnd Scriptural knowledge that gave me this false impression. If my posts seem abrupt to you - it is simply that I have ZERO tolerance for lies - like the one YOU just said about me claiming that I don't need grace.

"Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions" - G.K. Chesterton.
Well, i could go dig the quote up if i was inclined, but i am not. Reflect upon whether "i do not need your forgiveness" is a rejection of grace, or not.

I forgive you for calling me names, a liar now, today, ignorant yesterday, and i guess something new tomorrow. But you might see how others will perceive the quote of you not needing forgiveness, and recognize the implications, maybe. Surely at some point the light will go on, maybe as you are laying in bed one night, and you will suddenly realize "oh, people don't like to be called names, gee." You are being tolerated, mightily--why not find some tolerance for others? I don't care if you pray to Mary, if you then go and manifest Christ to orphans and widows. Have a nice weekend.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
Well, i could go dig the quote up if i was inclined, but i am not. Reflect upon whether "i do not need your forgiveness" is a rejection of grace, or not.

I forgive you for calling me names, a liar now, today, ignorant yesterday, and i guess something new tomorrow. But you might see how others will perceive the quote of you not needing forgiveness, and recognize the implications, maybe. Surely at some point the light will go on, maybe as you are laying in bed one night, and you will suddenly realize "oh, people don't like to be called names, gee." You are being tolerated, mightily--why not find some tolerance for others? I don't care if you pray to Mary, if you then go and manifest Christ to orphans and widows. Have a nice weekend.
And your lies continue.
Can you show me ONE instance where I called you a "Liar"??

Telling somebody that they lied when they actually DID lie is not name-calling. It is an observation based on their remarks..
Telling somebody that they are ignorant of history and Scripture is an also observation.
Calling somebody a "liar" or an "ignoramus" is name-calling. You should know the difference.

I don't engage in name-calling.
It's unfortunate that YOU feel the need to engage in in telling lies . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
k, goodbye, BoL.
That's what I thought.
If you can't point to one instance of name-calling - then don't make the false accusation in the first place.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that escalated quickly.... :happy-smiley58:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast