Catholics: Please pray the rosary for the United States of America

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
This country is not in the ditch, it is in the sewer ('gay rights' so called.. murder of the unborn, crooked politicians are the only ones who get ahead!!)

that last one is the most important becasue it leads to the others

I may not be able to win fighting against all the evils in this country, but i will definitely TRY to beat them. And as Padre Pio said (soemthing to the effect)

The rosary is the weapon of our time (I believe that is a direct quote)

The rosary is what got me on track. It is the only thing that could beat the demons in my personal life, the only thing, and i mean the ONLY thing that made me a practicing Christian

:)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't pray the rosary because I don't lean that way. I'm a Pentecostal but I'll pray anyway because I have a personal relationship with Jesus :D

Bless ya!

Reactions: Born_Again

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Angelina said:
I don't pray the rosary because I don't lean that way. I'm a Pentecostal but I'll pray anyway because I have a personal relationship with Jesus :D

Bless ya!
i began my personal relationship w/ Jesus when i began praying the rosary (although i had a poor relationship w/ him b4 then) . Protestants don't u/stand that kind of thing. But if something deepens a relationship w/ Christ, that should be seen as a good thing. The rosary goes through Jesus's life from conception until Crucifixion and Resurrection. It is powerful against Satan (and the world and the flesh)

PopeADope

Apr 15, 2016
The Rosary has been a very powerful source of grace in my life. It absolutely brings the Holy Spirit into me and Mary is spouse of the Holy Spirit, Mother of God, and the first half of the Hail Mary and the Lord's prayer are chanting quotes from Scripture. The word of God has power.

Scripture says avoid vain repetition. Not all repitition is vain, for Revelation says the Angels repeatedly praise God night and day with "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God of Hosts...Heaven and earth are full of your glory..." Same words OVer and over and over again.

In Gethsemane, Jesus prayed the same prayer three times in a row.

I don't understand why the Rosary is important or what it accomplishes. I just know it works for me. Don't know what I'd do without it. Yes, I go to a garden on Church property often and pray for hours for many intentions and for this country.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

i began my personal relationship w/ Jesus when i began praying the rosary (although i had a poor relationship w/ him b4 then) . Protestants don't u/stand that kind of thing

Well I can't speak for Protestants but I personally can say no...I haven't had any need for emblems representing Christ because I met him when I was a child who spoke to me audibly.

But if something deepens a relationship w/ Christ, that should be seen as a good thing.

Yes...of course it's gotta be a good thing if it helps believers connect to Christ metaphorically...

The rosary goes through Jesus's life from conception until Crucifixion and Resurrection.

That's nice but the problem with the rosary is that is focuses on Mary rather Jesus the Son of God and Catholics pray rote and use rituals. Christianity is not about rituals but about a personal relationship with God through his son Jesus Christ.

Bless you!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
PopeADope said:
The Rosary has been a very powerful source of grace in my life. It absolutely brings the Holy Spirit into me and Mary is spouse of the Holy Spirit, Mother of God, and the first half of the Hail Mary and the Lord's prayer are chanting quotes from Scripture. The word of God has power.

Scripture says avoid vain repetition. Not all repitition is vain, for Revelation says the Angels repeatedly praise God night and day with "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God of Hosts...Heaven and earth are full of your glory..." Same words OVer and over and over again.

In Gethsemane, Jesus prayed the same prayer three times in a row.

I don't understand why the Rosary is important or what it accomplishes. I just know it works for me. Don't know what I'd do without it. Yes, I go to a garden on Church property often and pray for hours for many intentions and for this country.
wow, is wonderful to hear this

some of us know how awesome the rosary is, and some.. just want to not even bother trying it.. But there has been 500 years of anticatholics hammering on folks about how awful the Catholic Church is.

my life was such a miserable chaotic mess until i found the rosary.. and then gradually made my way back to the Church.. Life has been not only different, but sometimes incredibly STRANGE since i became a committed Catholic.. have to say it was rather boring in comparison b4 that..

of course Strange can also mean.. unpleasant and it has been that, here & there.. but hey,

we must do God's will (Jesus is God's will. In the Old T, it says [after describing the coming of Jesus the first time]) "... And the will of God will be accomplished through Him"

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
my life was such a miserable chaotic mess until i found the rosary.. and then gradually made my way back to the Church.. Life has been not only different, but sometimes incredibly STRANGE since i became a committed Catholic.. have to say it was rather boring in comparison b4 that..
Praise God! He sure works in mysterious ways...

of course Strange can also mean.. unpleasant and it has been that, here & there.. but hey,
we must do God's will (Jesus is God's will. In the Old T, it says [after describing the coming of Jesus the first time]) "... And the will of God will be accomplished through Him"
A "Catholic" is just a denomination just like many other denominations who love and follow Christ...

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Angelina said:
That's nice but the problem with the rosary is that is focuses on Mary rather Jesus the Son of God and Catholics pray rote and use rituals. Christianity is not about rituals but about a personal relationship with God through his son Jesus Christ.

Bless you!
that is NOT true. It is a focus on the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. I never realy knew Jesus.. and no one ever knows anyone until s/he has walked a mile in that person's shoes. . never knew Jesus to speak of until i prayed the rosary

. As u know poor people do not relate to rich people and vice versa. It is the same with those who know Christ and those who don't. And i repeat: I never REALLY knew Him until i began praying the rosary (and then made my way back to the Church)

i believe people reject the RCC b/c of personal reasons: didn't like a priest... rude parishioners who don't really walk the walk and that kind of thing.. or maybe they wanted a marriage annulled so they could marry someone else and the Church (rightly) s aid No.. it is RARELY a doctrinal problem

in any case, like i said, i began to get deeply into a relationship with Jesus through the rosary. The Catholic Church teaches we are saved by Jesus, not Mary, but there are millions of false notions out there about the Catholic Church.. nothing is more lied about than Christ's Church.. which stands to reason . He forewarned we would be hated and persecuted

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Angelina said:

Praise God! He sure works in mysterious ways...

A "Catholic" is just a denomination just like many other denominations who love and follow Christ...
no, that's not true. The Catholic Church is the Church founded by Christ. of course it looks very different from what it looked like in the beginning.. and i think it shoiuld work harder at going back to .. a simpler way of doing things. I am not saying the vatican should get rid of all that price-less art or anything, but there should be changes. There are many priests in the Church(1 is too many) who are selfish, couldn't care lessa bout the Flock... etc..

But that does not change the fact that there is ONE Church and that Church is the RCC . I have studied the history of the Church.. as someone once said "To be deep in history is to cease being protestnat"

:blink:

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
ScaliaFan said:
no, that's not true. The Catholic Church is the Church founded by Christ. of course it looks very different from what it looked like in the beginning.. and i think it shoiuld work harder at going back to .. a simpler way of doing things. I am not saying the vatican should get rid of all that price-less art or anything, but there should be changes. There are many priests in the Church(1 is too many) who are selfish, couldn't care lessa bout the Flock... etc..

But that does not change the fact that there is ONE Church and that Church is the RCC . I have studied the history of the Church.. as someone once said "To be deep in history is to cease being protestnat"

:blink:
Jesus sent the 12 out to set up churches everywhere and as far out as Asia, Ethiopia, India etc.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh man, here we go again....... Should we agree to disagree now while were are both still ahead?

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
jaybird said:
Jesus sent the 12 out to set up churches everywhere and as far out as Asia, Ethiopia, India etc.
but they all believed/taught the same thing.

the 60,000 different protestant denoms today all teach diffrerent things.. infant baptism... etc

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"The Rosary has been a very powerful source of grace in my life. It absolutely brings the Holy Spirit into me and Mary is spouse of the Holy Spirit, Mother of God, and the first half of the Hail Mary and the Lord's prayer are chanting quotes from Scripture. The word of God has power." -- PopeADope

-- I spent the first 22 years of my life as a practicing and participatory Catholic. Please tell me where this idea that 'Mary is spouse of the Holy Spirit' comes from?
Several of my family members are still Catholic. NONE of them have heard of this concept.
Two asked priests in their separate parishes and neither of those priests had ever heard of this, either.

Could you please provide me with the Catholic documentation that supports this idea?

As far as he Rosary goes....

9Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.a
10Your kingdom come,
your will be done,b
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us this day our daily bread,c
12and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.d

Matt 6:9-13

When you say 10 Hail Marys to every one Lord's Prayer when praying the Rosary, it does not seem to me - especially when Jesus says we can come straight to him any time - that this would be the way to go.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Foreigner said:
"The Rosary has been a very powerful source of grace in my life. It absolutely brings the Holy Spirit into me and Mary is spouse of the Holy Spirit, Mother of God, and the first half of the Hail Mary and the Lord's prayer are chanting quotes from Scripture. The word of God has power." -- PopeADope

-- I spent the first 22 years of my life as a practicing and participatory Catholic. Please tell me where this idea that 'Mary is spouse of the Holy Spirit' comes from?
Several of my family members are still Catholic. NONE of them have heard of this concept.
Two asked priests in their separate parishes and neither of those priests had ever heard of this, either.

Could you please provide me with the Catholic documentation that supports this idea?

9Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.a
10Your kingdom come,
your will be done,b
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us this day our daily bread,c
12and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.d

When you say 10 Hail Marys to every one Lord's Prayer when praying the Rosary, it does not seem to me - especially when Jesus says we can come straight to him any time - that this would be the way to go.
i speak for myself only here but i do not focus on the words much but rather the mysteries the rosary is focused on.. the angel greeting Mary, Christ's ministry and miracles, etc. The words are a holy back-drop... where the Holy Spirit can work in one's mind and soul

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Foreigner said:

9Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,hallowed be your name.a10Your kingdom come,your will be done,bon earth as it is in heaven.11Give us this day our daily bread,c12and forgive us our debts,as we also have forgiven our debtors.13And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil.d

I have never heard of this before but it KIND OF makes sense. The best I can find about this idea is of Mary being the Bride of the Holy Spirit is that Mary conceived Jesus due to the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35). Joseph was her earthly husband but the Holy Spirit was the father of her son. The Church is also considered "the bride of Christ" even though we know that the Church can't be a bride (person).

As far as the Hail Mary prayer goes it seems like 90-95% of it is just various passages from scripture. The Lords Prayer is from scripture also. I don't think God is going to be mad at the Catholics for reciting various passages from scripture. I could be wrong.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
I have never heard of this before but it KIND OF makes sense. The best I can find about this idea is of Mary being the Bride of the Holy Spirit is that Mary conceived Jesus due to the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35). Joseph was her earthly husband but the Holy Spirit was the father of her son. The Church is also considered "the bride of Christ" even though we know that the Church can't be a bride (person).

As far as the Hail Mary prayer goes it seems like 90-95% of it is just various passages from scripture. The Lords Prayer is from scripture also. I don't think God is going to be mad at the Catholics for reciting various passages from scripture. I could be wrong.
are u Catholic?

the rosary (again) made me a practicing (not so hypocritical, etc..) Christian. It virtually caused my life to do a 180.. Now, true, there were problems associated w/ my praying the rosary, but that (in hindsight) was b/c there were problematic PEOPLE in my life and my life was an utteer chaotic mess @ the time i picked up the rosary and began to pray it. I even had moments when i was so angry @ God for all that was happening that i wondered myself if the rosayr was a good thing, shook my clenched fist @ God and the whole scenario

But you know, i have noticed that the more i pray the rosary, the more i go to Mass (helps if it is a good priest there..), the bette my life is, the less damage the demons around me seem capable of doing..

I can't even understand how a nonCatholic stays with Jesus... and as u know, many do not.. b/c they dont have the help of such things as the rosary and the Holy Mass

Jesus did not "build" (mt 16:18) his Church the way he did for no reason

He knew how frail, how needy, how utterly sinful and selfish and etc... etc.. we humans are

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
the title here is wrong

ALL should pray the rosary

God is no respecter of persons

"My ways are not your ways.. My thoguhts are not your thoughts" saith the Lord

B

brakelite

When I meet with a friend, whether on the street, in our home, or on the phone or even on the internet, I would not insult him by pulling out a set of beads and reciting a screed of irrelevant words and claim later that I was talking about something completely different. God is no different. As my Father He doesn't want to hear a string of repetitive irrelevant phrases that bear no reflection whatsoever to what is actually going on in my heart. If I truly cared about America to the extent that I would seek God's miraculous intervention in her daily life and destiny, I would say precisely that. I would pour out my heart in words that truly reflect exactly how I felt, thought, and desired and hoped for changes....first in me, then my family, then my neighbors, then in the country. But it starts with me.
One well known commentator was asked once "what is wrong with the world?". His reply..."I am." And it starts with frank, open, honest, and most of all real and relevant.