Celebrate Recovery Group.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gail1954 said:
There is a recovery group I joined recently called "Celebrate Recovery" to get help with several issues in my life. Here is a link for those who want to check it out. [Link Removed]
What do you think about Jesus Christ? Who is He?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gail1954 said:
I truly believe in Him and that He is the son of God. I joined the recovery group to get help from other christians that struggle issues in their lives.
Praise God sister. I know our Lord Jesus Christ will be with you in it.

Stranger

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
gail1954 said:
There is a recovery group I joined recently called "Celebrate Recovery" to get help with several issues in my life. Here is a link for those who want to check it out [Link Removed]
Is it 12 Step recovery based?

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Is it 12 Step recovery based?
It's based loosely on the twelve steps, but without the loose understanding of a "higher power". It is Christ centered, but non-denominational in the sense that all other 12 step groups allow only one particular addiction. In other words, AA is for alcoholics, NA is for drug addicts (but includes alcoholics), alanon is for those who are addicted to drug addicts and alcoholics, Nicotine Anonymous is for people with addiction to nicotine, OA is for people with addictions to food. An alcoholic cannot go to an Overeaters Anonymous meeting if they identify themselves as an alcoholic. This would be like going to a Baptist church and professing a belief in the infallibility of the pope.

Ironically, Celebrate recovery serves quite addictive food for those with food addictions. They provide a smoking section for nicotine addicts as well. I wonder what they're going to do when Maryjane is legalized; a dope smoking section, laced brownies? Who knows...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is an ooooooold thread, but our CR never had addictive food or smoking sections. They were held at church and uses a lot of scriptures. It is more then just an average 12 step program. There are also the 8 steps based on the beatitudes that is the real core to Celebrate Recovery. It has helped me in some of my lowest times when in depression and when I self injured. With recovery of anything the two things that are most important are seeking God and getting support. This is what CR helped me do. God bless! :wave:

download.png

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower
Welcome to the forum. May you be enriched here by contact with some of God's people!

Awww, thank you! God has brought me a long way and has brought great deliverance in many areas of my life. I am humbled by His great mercy on me. I am so thankful for Him working in my life and turning my life into a testimony for His glory.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a recovery group I joined recently called "Celebrate Recovery" to get help with several issues in my life. Here is a link for those who want to check it out [Link Removed]
Hello Gail, and Welcome,

It was brave you to post this. I trust you will be helped, and also help others, with the Lord"s help.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
awakening this thread.
i like how you can buy your own rewards on there unlike reformers unanimous. i doubt ill buy myself one.
the reformers unanimous 6 month pin has an actual mason hand symbol. there is nothing christian about hand symbols. maybe they are using it for victory but still.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the year token in CR for self injury. I love how it uses the beatitudes. I havent been in it for a few years now.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I used to have substance abuse issues in my life.
The 12-step program says one will always be an addict.
I haven't misused my medication in 17 years.
I've outgrown my past issues.
The 12-step program says I cannot successfully use my medication...they are clearly wrong.
Studies have shown that in the long-term, 12-step involvement is no more successful than recovery with no treatment.
The teachings of the 12-steps are called suggestions. They are implemented like laws.
I could go on, but what's the point. If the 12-steps work for you, great. If you disagree with me, fine. If you want to know the facts, do your own research. Overall, the 12-step program has had a destructive impact on my life.
True discipleship is what I needed.

Reactions: Nancy and Psalm51

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to have substance abuse issues in my life.
The 12-step program says one will always be an addict.
I haven't misused my medication in 17 years.
I've outgrown my past issues.
The 12-step program says I cannot successfully use my medication...they are clearly wrong.
Studies have shown that in the long-term, 12-step involvement is no more successful than recovery with no treatment.
The teachings of the 12-steps are called suggestions. They are implemented like laws.
I could go on, but what's the point. If the 12-steps work for you, great. If you disagree with me, fine. If you want to know the facts, do your own research. Overall, the 12-step program has had a destructive impact on my life.
True discipleship is what I needed.

Celebrate Recovery teaches completely different though. It is an 8 step program that uses the 12 steps. It is an amazing group. I understand what you are saying. I think sometimes it is good to step out of the "recovery" and just walk in victory.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm glad it works for you.
Narcotics Anonymous, Celebrate Recovery, and Overcomers don't work for me.
They don't allow you to outgrow your issues.
I have outgrown mine and have 17 years of proof.
Jesus, my doctor, and I have successfully dealt with my complex health issues for this long.
I was recently told by an Overcomers group leader that my doctor was my problem.
I may try a different church tomorrow...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad it works for you.
Narcotics Anonymous, Celebrate Recovery, and Overcomers don't work for me.
They don't allow you to outgrow your issues.
I have outgrown mine and have 17 years of proof.
Jesus, my doctor, and I have successfully dealt with my complex health issues for this long.
I was recently told by an Overcomers group leader that my doctor was my problem.
I may try a different church tomorrow...

Haven't been in years. It was great support at the time. Whatever and how the victory, Jesus is king. He is Jehovah Rapha, God who heals. We are a living testimony of His grace and mercy

Reactions: Truman