Certainties

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My husband has learned through experience that whenever the washing up liquid bottle is reaching it's end, then it is time for us to put the re-cycling bin out for collection. He refers to it every time, saying, 'look' it's that time again' as he waves the nearly empty container in front of me. How good it is to have certainties in life, born of experience, that regulate our actions, even in the little things of life, isn't it? :)

This makes me think of the certainties that we who are trusting in the promises of God in Christ Jesus have in life. Things we have learned by experience. For example, I know, without a shadow of doubt that the Lord will forgive me for all my sins and cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness, for I have known his forgiveness in my experience. I have learned that He will never leave me or forsake me, and that nothing can separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus, for He has proved it to me.

Praise His Holy Name!

What are your certainties, what have you learned by experience concerning the absolute trustworthiness of the promises of God, in Christ Jesus your Lord?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your certainties, what have you learned by experience concerning the absolute trustworthiness of the promises of God, in Christ Jesus your Lord?
You've already said the 2 best ones! For He has promised, I will never leave you nor forsake you, and, Nothing can ever separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus!

In Him is love, so much love! All we ever need know about life and everything is God's love for us.

Much love!

Reactions: charity

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Having been Indwelt in a most Powerful and measurable way (by the Holy Spirit), I have resigned to the fact that this life is not my own, and that that the course that I am on has nothing to do with my choice . . . at all. After having the Sinful Nature cut away from my Heart, it has become incredibly obvious that I have been Purchased by Christ, and that as hard as I might try to avoid pain and suffering in this world, I cannot escape it. There is nothing that I can do to avoid chaos, for the Lord is training me . . . testing me . . . and as said, there is not one thing that I can do about it.

So as my life is filled with ridiculous trials and unending difficulties, it is obvious that God controls each day and moment of my life, and for this . . . I am grateful! And as Peter says, these things are done to demonstrate the Raw, Almighty Power of God, for when "your" life is reflective of the Bible, it convinces you (even more) of how much Power and Control He Truly does have. Power . . . I can trust that every day, with full certainty, that the Lord God will be in control of my life . . . for the rest of my life. I am so grateful!

1 Peter 5:9-11 NLT - "Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are. 10 In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. 11 All power to him forever! Amen."

I also know this . . . regardless of how horrible this life is on earth . . . I will never Curse Him! Impossible!