Certainty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainty has been referred to as the indulgence of fools.......is being convinced beyond reason a moral or immoral position?

Joshua☩

May 9, 2017
Faith
Country
United States
Certainty has been referred to as the indulgence of fools.......is being convinced beyond reason a moral or immoral position?
I think it depends on what the convincing factor is. I think that a great many of us believe with certainty because of various spiritual experiences which have left us with an absolute knowledge of God, so I wouldn't consider that to be an immoral position.

I do think, however, that saying something is absolutely true without such spiritual knowledge is probably an immoral position, since you would essentially be declaring that the world is a certain way because that's how you think it should be, rather than how you know it to be.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Na, sounds more like a phrase that those who would shed doubt on what you know by experience. But that really isn’t the question, it’s to shed doubt on your perception on what you understand about (interpretation of) what you’ve experienced.

Adam and Eve had their understanding of what God said to them (they did experience the Presence of the Voice of the Lord) brought to question therefore not certain about their understanding (actually began doubting whether to trust God or not) and went by their own judgement (like gods judging what is good and evil) and died of the life they had in God’s sight. after they sealed their new faith in themselves as judges of good and evil by the act of eating of that fruit. (granted, beguiled by one who has seen God in Heaven)

And yes, stick to what you know by experience, and your witness is true, no matter the subject is moral. The hearer can say or make of it what they will, but your witness is true and the Lord has witnessed that your witness is true.

Last edited: