Change is Coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Friends, we should all be aware of soon to happen, dramatic changes coming to this world. Many things simply cannot continue as they are for much longer.

The Bible prophets tell us, in great detail of many things that will take place, leading up to the glorious Return of our Lord Jesus for His Millennial reign.

Jesus said in Matthew 24:32-33, when the fig tree buds, then the present generation [those alive when that happens] will live to see it all. All meaning; prophesied events.

The fig tree is a metaphor for the Jewish people, Jeremiah 24:4-7 and the only possible fulfilment of that prophecy is the establishment of the Jewish State of Israel, in a small part of the holy Land.

Jesus quoted the prophecy of Isaiah 61:1-2a at the commencement of His earthly ministry. Luke 4:18-21 He carefully left off the remainder of that chapter, for what was not to be fulfilled at that time was the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath.

This terrible world changing Day, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Revelation 6:12-17, 2 Peter 3:7, is what we can expect to happen in the near future. It will be triggered by an attack onto Israel by an Islamic confederation of peoples and nations and Iran will attempt to fire nuke missiles at Israel, but God will cause their weapons to explode upon themselves. Psalms 7:12-16, Psalms 11:4-6, Joel 3:4, Jeremiah 49:35-37

Many prophesies say how all those who believe in God and keep His Laws, should call upon His Name, [Jesus] on that Day and they will be saved. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21

He will protect us; sending angels from heaven to save His own people, Psalms 57:1-3, Isaiah 43:2, as He did for the 3 men in the furnace; Daniel 3:19-27

Then, we have the Lord’s promises of the gathering of His Christian people into all of the holy Land, Ezekiel 34:11-31, Isaiah 66:18-21, Romans 9:24-26, to live there as He always intended; being His witnesses and sending out missionaries to proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus.

Over 100 years ago, a teaching was promoted, saying that before any disasters would happen, God will take His people up to live in heaven and they would return with Him for the Millennium.

This teaching is not found in the Bible, as Dr John Walvoord; a rapture proponent, did actually admit. Scriptures like John 14:1-3 and 1 Thess. 4:15-17 are touted as rapture proofs, but they pertain to the end of the Millennium and at the Return of Jesus respectively and in no way do they, or any other verses say anyone will go to live in heaven. Jesus refutes that false idea in John 3:13 No one goes to heaven, except the One who came from there.

What we Christians are all exhorted to do when disaster strikes, is to pray for the strength and God given protection to survive that Day, 1 Cor. 10:11-13, 1 Peter 1:7 and to be found worthy to live in the holy Land, as the Israelites of God. 1 Peter 1:9-10

Remember this truth: all the promises of God to Israel now applies to Christians. Galatians 3:26-29, 6:14-16 Jesus came to extend salvation to all who will accept it and now we are His people, bought by Jesus’ blood, chosen by Him and destined to be with Him on earth forever. Isaiah 49:8, Revelation 5:9-10

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said in Matthew 24:32-33, when the fig tree buds, then the present generation [those alive when that happens] will live to see it all. All meaning; prophesied events.

The fig tree is a metaphor for the Jewish people, Jeremiah 24:4-7 and the only possible fulfilment of that prophecy is the establishment of the Jewish State of Israel, in a small part of the holy Land.

Hi Keraz,

I agree with you, change is coming, but when? Not to way we sleep, no! We watch! For what? For who?

This fig tree . . . Israel . . . or, a parable.

If Israel, where is the authority to interpret? You've pointed out correctly that figs were used to represent Israel in Jeremiah.

But after that? Who can say with any certainty what the budding and blossoming of Israel is?

Returning to the land? Making an agriculteral recovery? Regaining statehood? Regaining the capital of Jerusalem? Building again the temple? Becoming all orthodox?

However,

Matthew 24
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

If God is giving us an agrarian example, a parable, telling us about something we know about, to show the reality of something new, then there is no question or uncertainty.

When trees start getting leaves, you know the summer is coming.

Luke 21
29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

In the same way, when you see these signs being fulfilled, you know that Jesus is about to return, and will put the stop to all that He had just prophesied.

Which was the greatest affliction against the Jews ever.

Genea can be understood as, "all the people born in a certain time", the way we'd say, for instance, Gen X, or the Millennials. It can be understood as "everyone alive right now". And it can be understood as "everyone born from these", that is, a nation.

And Jesus had just finished prophesying that while the would be persecuted beyond any other time, that Jesus would stop it so not everyone would be killed.

And now He promises . . . this generation . . . the Israelites . . . would not pass away before He comes. The nation would not be fully destroyed before Jesus rescues them. And all who endure to the end will be saved by His return and subsequent wine press experience.

Much love!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If Israel, where is the authority to interpret? You've pointed out correctly that figs were used to represent Israel in Jeremiah.
The fig tree represents Judah; the Jewish people. Israel is the vine. Isaiah 6:7
We need to be careful to assign the prophesies to the correct peoples. That Israel, the ten Northern tribes, have not yet rejoined with Judah, the 2 tribes of Judah and Benjamin, is plain from Ezekiel 37; unfulfilled as yet.
The nation would not be fully destroyed before Jesus rescues them.
Judah will not be fully destroyed....but the prophesies make it clear that not many will survive the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath. Romans 9:27, Zephaniah 1:14-18, +

You think the prophecy in Luke 21:29-32, is fulfilled.
But it refers to a restoration, not a destruction. Judah has been restored as a nation and 'all the trees; nations', have been established as viable entities. Which was not the case in the first century, only in the last 100 years or so.
We are the generation that has seen it happen, I was born in 1941 and I am confident that I will see Jesus Return in about another 10-12 years; exactly 2000 years since He started His earthly ministry.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think the prophecy in Luke 21:29-32, is fulfilled.
Jesus calls this a parable, and I think it applies to the time just before Jesus returns, which hasn't happened yet, so still future.

The fig tree represents Judah; the Jewish people. Israel is the vine. Isaiah 6:7
We need to be careful to assign the prophesies to the correct peoples. That Israel, the ten Northern tribes, have not yet rejoined with Judah, the 2 tribes of Judah and Benjamin, is plain from Ezekiel 37; unfulfilled as yet.

As a parable, the fig tree is just that, a tree. Just like Luke says, the fig tree and all the trees, since it's not about this tree is this group and so on. As a parable, it teaches the principle that just as the trees start to put out leaves when summer is getting close, in the same way, when you see these things happening, what He had prophesied before, then you know His coming is getting close.

Much love!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Jesus calls this a parable, and I think it applies to the time just before Jesus returns, which hasn't happened yet, so still future.
Luke 21:30 applies to the commencement of the end times; after all that is prophesied to happen; does occur, THEN comes the 'summer' of the glorious Millennium.
Luke 21:31 ….when we see this happening, then we know the Kingdom of God is near.

So there is no doubt; the establishment of the Jewish State of Israel was the sign Jesus predicted. It did happen and anyone who saw it: within their lifetime Jesus will Return. [Within 70-80 + years. I will actually be 89/90, but I am confident I will see Jesus Return]

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friends, we should all be aware of soon to happen, dramatic changes coming to this world. Many things simply cannot continue as they are for much longer.

The Bible prophets tell us, in great detail of many things that will take place, leading up to the glorious Return of our Lord Jesus for His Millennial reign.

Jesus quoted the prophecy of Isaiah 61:1-2a at the commencement of His earthly ministry. Luke 4:18-21 He carefully left off the remainder of that chapter, for what was not to be fulfilled at that time was the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath.

This terrible world changing Day, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Revelation 6:12-17, 2 Peter 3:7, is what we can expect to happen in the near future. It will be triggered by an attack onto Israel by an Islamic confederation of peoples and nations and Iran will attempt to fire nuke missiles at Israel, but God will cause their weapons to explode upon themselves. Psalms 7:12-16, Psalms 11:4-6, Joel 3:4, Jeremiah 49:35-37

Many prophesies say how all those who believe in God and keep His Laws, should call upon His Name, [Jesus] on that Day and they will be saved. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21

He will protect us; sending angels from heaven to save His own people, Psalms 57:1-3, Isaiah 43:2, as He did for the 3 men in the furnace; Daniel 3:19-27

Then, we have the Lord’s promises of the gathering of His Christian people into all of the holy Land, Ezekiel 34:11-31, Isaiah 66:18-21, Romans 9:24-26, to live there as He always intended; being His witnesses and sending out missionaries to proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus.

Over 100 years ago, a teaching was promoted, saying that before any disasters would happen, God will take His people up to live in heaven and they would return with Him for the Millennium.

This teaching is not found in the Bible, as Dr John Walvoord; a rapture proponent, did actually admit. Scriptures like John 14:1-3 and 1 Thess. 4:15-17 are touted as rapture proofs, but they pertain to the end of the Millennium and at the Return of Jesus respectively and in no way do they, or any other verses say anyone will go to live in heaven. Jesus refutes that false idea in John 3:13 No one goes to heaven, except the One who came from there.

What we Christians are all exhorted to do when disaster strikes, is to pray for the strength and God given protection to survive that Day, 1 Cor. 10:11-13, 1 Peter 1:7 and to be found worthy to live in the holy Land, as the Israelites of God. 1 Peter 1:9-10

Remember this truth: all the promises of God to Israel now applies to Christians. Galatians 3:26-29, 6:14-16 Jesus came to extend salvation to all who will accept it and now we are His people, bought by Jesus’ blood, chosen by Him and destined to be with Him on earth forever. Isaiah 49:8, Revelation 5:9-10
Your interpretation (as it is with most of Christendom) is worldly, but Christ spoke of the heavenly things...and you have not perceived it correctly.

He spoke of the buds of the heavenly Jerusalem, which were foretold by the prophets, announced by Christ, and confirmed by the apostles:

Hebrews 12:22
"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,"

...Which "have come' 2000 years ago unbeknownst to the church; but according to prophecy, otherwise know as the great apostasy:

Isaiah 42:19
"Who is blind but My servant, Or deaf as My messenger whom I send? Who is blind as he who is perfect, And blind as the Lord’s servant?"

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hebrews 12:22
"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,"
Hebrews 12:23 To the full assembly of the firstborn, enrolled in heaven.....
Nowhere in this passage, or anywhere else in the Bible does it say we Christians will go to live in heaven. That idea is from the 'rapture' cult and will not happen. Thinking it could is thinking God will change His mind; not possible. Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:8

Philippians 3:20 plainly states that faithful Christians are citizens of heaven, written in the Book of Life and Jesus will come from there with our deliverance.

You say that most of Christendom is worldly. Actually most of Christendom look to heaven as their home, which is the great deception that Jesus warned us about, as our destiny is here; to be the people God always wanted in the holy Land, but has never yet had there.
Any other scenario would mean that God has failed in His Plan for the earth and us humans.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 12:23 To the full assembly of the firstborn, enrolled in heaven.....
Nowhere in this passage, or anywhere else in the Bible does it say we Christians will go to live in heaven. That idea is from the 'rapture' cult and will not happen. Thinking it could is thinking God will change His mind; not possible. Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:8

Philippians 3:20 plainly states that faithful Christians are citizens of heaven, written in the Book of Life and Jesus will come from there with our deliverance.

You say that most of Christendom is worldly. Actually most of Christendom look to heaven as their home, which is the great deception that Jesus warned us about, as our destiny is here; to be the people God always wanted in the holy Land, but has never yet had there.
Any other scenario would mean that God has failed in His Plan for the earth and us humans.
Your "no heaven" pet peeve is not helping your understanding of the scriptures.

Why do you campaign for a worldly fulfillment of scripture and the renewal of this old earth, against what the scriptures say? That is not biblical.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your "no heaven" pet peeve is not helping your understanding of the scriptures.
Your opinions don't help your case any.
Please provide any scripture that actually says the Lord will take His people to heaven. If that is what the Lord wants of His people, then I'm happy to go there, however what I do see is how all the faithful Christians will go to live in all of the holy Land.
We are seen there in Daniel 7:23 and Revelation 13:7, 7:9
Why do you campaign for a worldly fulfillment of scripture and the renewal of this old earth, against what the scriptures say? That is not biblical.
What those doctrines are; is Biblical. It is people who have been deceived, who oppose those truths.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your opinions don't help your case any.
Please provide any scripture that actually says the Lord will take His people to heaven. If that is what the Lord wants of His people, then I'm happy to go there, however what I do see is how all the faithful Christians will go to live in all of the holy Land.
We are seen there in Daniel 7:23 and Revelation 13:7, 7:9

What those doctrines are; is Biblical. It is people who have been deceived, who oppose those truths.
For crying out loud--you are off topic in your own thread! That, as I said, is because you are ranting a pet peeve; and therefore are not thinking rationally.

Nonetheless, here are the scriptures you have asked for:

Matthew 6:9
"In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name."

John 16:28
"I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”

John 14:3
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree with you, change is coming, but when? Not to way we sleep, no! We watch! For what? For who?
And certainly not the way Keraz is suggesting. He is simply making a mishmash of the prophetic events to come, while insisting that Christians will NOT to go to Heaven at the Resurrection/Rapture.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
For crying out loud--you are off topic in your own thread! That, as I said, is because you are ranting a pet peeve; and therefore are not thinking rationally.

Nonetheless, here are the scriptures you have asked for:

Matthew 6:9
"In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name."

John 16:28
"I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”

John 14:3
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."
Sadly, I have to say that you are a purveyor of untruths. None of your scriptures say the Lord will take His people to heaven. Jesus goes there and when He comes again. we will be with Him forever: on earth. After His 1000 year reign, God and therefore; heaven come to the earth. Revelation 21:1-7

The subject of where we Christians go after the forthcoming Lord's Day of fiery wrath, is on thread; as that is the change the Bible prophets tell us about. We will be gathered into all of the holy Land, to live there in peace and prosperity. Psalms 107, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:24-26, +

Please address; We are seen there in Daniel 7:23 and Revelation 13:7, 7:9
And do not say they are Trib converts, as the Bible specifically says there won't be any at that time. Revelation 13:8
And certainly not the way Keraz is suggesting. He is simply making a mishmash of the prophetic events to come, while insisting that Christians will NOT to go to Heaven at the Resurrection/Rapture.
Unless you can provide scriptures to prove your beliefs, then it is better for you to keep your silence.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sadly, I have to say that you are a purveyor of untruths.
This is simply HILARIOUS as anyone with any understanding of the Bible here will testify after reading any and all of my posts.
None of your scriptures say the Lord will take His people to heaven.
The Lord has ALREADY TAKEN His people to Heaven, and they will remain in the eternal city New Jerusalem for eternity.

HEBREWS 12
1. THE HEAVENLY JERUSALEM IS IN HEAVEN (OBVIOUSLY)

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem...

2. COUNTLESS ANGELS ARE IN HEAVEN
...and to an innumerable company of angels...

3. THE CHURCH IS PRESENTLY IN HEAVEN (DEPARTED SAINTS)
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven... [NOTE: They are actually *written* or recorded in Heaven]

4. GOD THE JUDGE OF ALL IS IN HEAVEN
...and to God the Judge of all...

5. ALL THE OT SAINTS ARE IN HEAVEN
...and to the spirits of just [justified] men made perfect...

6. JESUS HIMSELF IS IN HEAVEN
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant...

7. THE BLOOD OF CHRIST IS SPRINKLED IN HEAVEN
...and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Furthermore, Paul has said (by divine revelation) that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Since the Lord is in Heaven, that is where all the saints who pass on go immediately.

When Christ comes at the Resurrection/Rapture, (1) He brings the souls and spirits of the departed saints with Him, (2) gives them new glorified bodies, (3) transforms the living saints so that they are perfected, also (4) gives them new glorified bodies, AND TAKES THEM TO HEAVEN. "That where I am ye may be also". All of this *in the twinkling of an eye*.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 1
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

I wonder, where did Paul think he would be, when he departed from here?

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, I have to say that you are a purveyor of untruths. None of your scriptures say the Lord will take His people to heaven. Jesus goes there and when He comes again. we will be with Him forever: on earth. After His 1000 year reign, God and therefore; heaven come to the earth. Revelation 21:1-7

The subject of where we Christians go after the forthcoming Lord's Day of fiery wrath, is on thread; as that is the change the Bible prophets tell us about. We will be gathered into all of the holy Land, to live there in peace and prosperity. Psalms 107, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:24-26,
I have given you the scriptures, and you speak against them as if blind.

Those passages are the foreshadowing, the parable language manifest in darkness...not their fulfillment.
Please address; We are seen there in Daniel 7:23 and Revelation 13:7, 7:9
And do not say they are Trib converts, as the Bible specifically says there won't be any at that time. Revelation 13:8
Daniel 7:23 refers to the kingdom of Satan, the ruler of this world.

Revelation 13:7 refers again to Satan.

Revelation 7:9 refers to the throne of God in the kingdom of God, which has been given to Jesus, who's "kingdom is not of this world."

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Daniel 7:23 refers to the kingdom of Satan, the ruler of this world.
That verse says how the leader of the OWG will conquer Gods holy people. Rev 13:7 confirms it.
Revelation 7:9 refers to the throne of God in the kingdom of God, which has been given to Jesus, who's "kingdom is not of this world."
All of Revelation 7 describes earthly scenes, the first 3 verses set the scene. God's Throne can be seen from the earth, if God wills it.
At present Jesus' Kingdom is in heaven, soon He will Return and His Kingdom will be on earth.

I would wish those who want God to take them to heaven, good luck; but you need more than luck!
As the forthcoming worldwide disaster strikes the earth and you remain with your feet stuck to the ground, remember this: It will be our test of faith, 1 Peter 4:12 and we must keep strong in our Christian faith, trusting the Lord to protect us.

Reactions: Nancy

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Sixth Seal:

Having established the fact that we are all prone to making mistakes and misinterpreting scriptures and as we all desire that the truth be made clear, I now ask that we look closely the critical issue of the Sixth Seal.

Points to be considered:

1/ Are the seals, trumpets and bowls a progression of events?

2/ Have the first five seals been opened already?

3/ Is the Sixth Seal actually the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath?

4/ Is there a literal explanation of the Sixth Seal?

1/ All the commentaries that I have perused and most of the Bible scholars I have asked, agree on the chronological sequence of the seals, trumpets and bowls. It is only those with the agenda of the next event being a war and all the wrath of God is to be poured out at the Return, who place them out of the sequence as given.
Also a preterist will say it’s all past history or abrogated by Christ’s atonement.

2/ Although some say that because the description of the four horsemen and how they have been released already, as in Zechariah 1:8-11 and Zechariah 6:1-8, do not exactly match that described in Revelation 6:1-8, then they are different events. This idea is very tenuous and makes for a Biblical anomaly.
I see this idea as just an attempt to maintain their beliefs, especially those who hold to a pre trib/wrath rapture.

The Fifth Seal is telling those saints that have been martyred, they must wait until their number is complete. Matthew 23:35 Jesus said:...from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah... This significant quote confirms that the first five seals were opened after the murder of Zechariah and their number will be completed by all who have been and will be killed from the time of Zechariah until the Return.

3/ The Sixth Seal matches quite closely the many prophecies of the worldwide Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, found throughout the OT and the NT. This event simply does not match the 3 clear descriptions of the Return of Jesus and what happens then. Zechariah 14:4-9, Matthew 24:30-31, Revelation 19:11-21
As for thinking that because it is the people who say; ‘Fall on us, for the Day of wrath has come’, then it isn’t a true statement, this is totally unbelievable because they haven’t said it yet and it is actually a prophecy of Jesus, as given to John.

4/ Prophecy should be understood literally, unless there is an obvious allegory and then it is most often explained literally in other passages. With hindsight and modern scientific knowledge, it is now possible to know what will happen and right now the fulfilment of Psalms 83:1-8 and Micah 4:11-12 is staring us in the face.

The sequence of judgements/ punishments as revealed by Jesus to John in Revelation, will occur as written and the next event will be the Sixth seal, the Great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, the Day the Lord destroys His enemies. All the graphically described effects of a worldwide devastation will happen by the means He will use, a coronal mass ejection, Isaiah 30:26, which will literally fulfil all the prophecies.

Be aware and be prepared, or remain ‘in the dark’, and be shocked and terrified when it does happen.