Charles Spurgeon on Praise

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Doth not all nature around me praise God? If I were silent, I should be an exception to the universe. Doth not the thunder praise Him as it rolls like drums in the march of the God of armies? Do not the mountains praise Him when the woods upon their summits wave in adoration? Doth not the lightning write His name in letters of fire? Hath not the whole earth a voice? And shall I, can I, silent be?" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Reactions: Pearl

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“Doth not all nature around me praise God? If I were silent, I should be an exception to the universe. Doth not the thunder praise Him as it rolls like drums in the march of the God of armies? Do not the mountains praise Him when the woods upon their summits wave in adoration? Doth not the lightning write His name in letters of fire? Hath not the whole earth a voice? And shall I, can I, silent be?" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Excellent..know as The Prince Of Preachers.

Great attitude , even more when we consider that much of his preaching life he battled with depression....
Did You Know That Charles Spurgeon Struggled with Depression?

And then toward the end of his life, afflicted by a combination of rheumatism, gout and Bright's disease.
He often recuperated at Menton, near Nice, France, where he died on 31 January 1892. ...

What a testimony of the heart of an overcomer.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Excellent..know as The Prince Of Preachers.

Great attitude , even more when we consider that much of his preaching life he battled with depression....
Did You Know That Charles Spurgeon Struggled with Depression?

And then toward the end of his life, afflicted by a combination of rheumatism, gout and Bright's disease.
He often recuperated at Menton, near Nice, France, where he died on 31 January 1892. ...

What a testimony of the heart of an overcomer.
The Godly resonance of Spurgeon's heart still encourages many today... :)