Charlie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
CHARLIE by Mick Charlie hated God.Many years ago in his teens he'd been neutral, but as the years passed he'd looked at all the pain and suffering and destruction in the world and slowly decided he'd be an atheist because there couldn't be a God to let such things happen, so he threw himself into charity work, animal rights and environmental campaigning.As the years slowly rolled by, his grandparents died, as did his aunts, uncles, and parents,some with painful illnesses,and his coldness towards God turned to sheer hatred.Then, in his old age his beloved wife fell ill with a terminal illness and he tenderly nursed her for months before she too died.Broken hearted, he himself died soon after, and found himself face to face with God, but as God smilingly held out his hand for him to take,Charlie backed away quickly saying - "Don't come near me! Where were you when my gran was riddled with cancer, I sat at her bedside day and night comforting her!"And when my auntie had a stroke you deserted her too,but i travelled a hundred miles every week to visit her in the nursing home!"And what about my dad, reduced to an empty shell, I called round every evening to tend to him,where were you then?"And my darling wife withered away before my eyes, I saw to her every need in her final months because you weren't there,I even visited my pals in hospital and at home when they took ill."I was up at dawn on frosty winter mornings getting kicked by foxhunters, I was beaten up more than once by mink farm bully-boys, I've been arrested more times than I can remember for anti-vivisection protests, I was nearly drowned by whalers when they rammed our inflatable, I stood in front of bulldozers that were felling a wood, I risked my life in quarries to stop the dynamiting, I was knocked off my feet by a slaughterhouse lorry, and I devoted hours of my spare time every week doing campaigning voluntary work for animal and environmental organisations!"I gave my relatives, friends, animals and the planet all the love and caring it was possible for me to give, but you just stood by doing nothing! What did you ever give them?" And God, still smiling, softly replied- "I gave them you"-----------------------------------------------------------------   Isaiah 6:8 - "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send?'.. And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!"

gumby

May 29, 2009
I think Psalms 14:1 applies to charlie, the lord never leaves us we leave him.

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
MickinEngland;71491][B]CHARLIE[/B] by Mick [FONT=Arial]Charlie hated God.[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Many years ago in his teens he said:
As the years slowly rolled by, his grandparents died, as did his aunts, uncles, and parents,some with painful illnesses,and his coldness towards God turned to sheer hatred.Then, in his old age his beloved wife fell ill with a terminal illness and he tenderly nursed her for months before she too died.Broken hearted, he himself died soon after, and found himself face to face with God, but as God smilingly held out his hand for him to take,Charlie backed away quickly saying - "Don't come near me! Where were you when my gran was riddled with cancer, I sat at her bedside day and night comforting her!"And when my auntie had a stroke you deserted her too,but i travelled a hundred miles every week to visit her in the nursing home!"And what about my dad, reduced to an empty shell, I called round every evening to tend to him,where were you then?"And my darling wife withered away before my eyes, I saw to her every need in her final months because you weren't there,I even visited my pals in hospital and at home when they took ill."I was up at dawn on frosty winter mornings getting kicked by foxhunters, I was beaten up more than once by mink farm bully-boys, I've been arrested more times than I can remember for anti-vivisection protests, I was nearly drowned by whalers when they rammed our inflatable, I stood in front of bulldozers that were felling a wood, I risked my life in quarries to stop the dynamiting, I was knocked off my feet by a slaughterhouse lorry, and I devoted hours of my spare time every week doing campaigning voluntary work for animal and environmental organisations!"I gave my relatives, friends, animals and the planet all the love and caring it was possible for me to give, but you just stood by doing nothing! What did you ever give them?" And God, still smiling, softly replied- "I gave them you"-----------------------------------------------------------------   Isaiah 6:8 - "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send?'.. And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!"
To be painfully honist Mick haven't we all been guilty as well at one time or another? I know I have. On a side note Mick have you ever lived in Australia? or do you now?, I spent three months there in Sidney during WW2 and have always said that if I were to choose another country to live in it would be Australia.I realize your user name is MickinEngland but your posts sound like your from Down Under...God Bless...Ray