Chart comparing Christianity to different religions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think knowing a little bit helps in evangelism purposes, as well as helping with not being deceived. I have to blow it up on my phone, but looks pretty detailed. Good guide. There was a really good book I read in the past that went into detail on different religions from a Christian view. It was really good. Ill have to try and look it up.

Christianity, Sects and Cults - Comparison Chart

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think knowing a little bit helps in evangelism purposes, as well as helping with not being deceived. I have to blow it up on my phone, but looks pretty detailed. Good guide. There was a really good book I read in the past that went into detail on different religions from a Christian view. It was really good. Ill have to try and look it up.

Isn't it interesting how some of the religions speak of Jesus as being a great teacher, guru, sent from God, and basically positive things? If this were so, how can they claim these things, know what He did and what happened to Him yet still deny that He is who He said He was. Oh well, I suppose He was just another of some of their many, many Gods! Kind of like a lot of people I know, they cherry pick what they like and ignore the rest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I used to listen to Walter Martin on the radio when he was still alive. His book "The Kingdom of the Cults" is a classic. The religions and cults of our day do everything that the Early Church found in early Roman Civilization, a hesitation to accept a personal God who can really change a human being to have divine characteristics. They fail to recognize the distinction between Christ as God and us as Christians.

There are lots of errors in unbelievers, but they are all rooted in the wish to retain their independence from God, and in their rejection of the idea they need to be changed spiritually. We are confident of the truth because we gravitate towards God, love Him, and love His ways. Thus, we experience spiritual change and know that the work Christ did to change us is real. Thanks for your good work in detailing these things!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

To help others out because the HTLM file is too wide etc. to make it easily read, I have taken the liberty to reformate the information without editing or changing the charts content or commenting on the charts content to help others read the file in a down loadable PDF document which is printable.

Shalom

Attachments

• Chart Comparing Christianity with Sects and Cults.pdf
    181.6 KB · Views: 0

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think knowing a little bit helps in evangelism purposes, as well as helping with not being deceived.
If one wishes to keep things simple then are only two options for anyone: (1) Bible Christianity or (2) all other false religions (including False Christianity).

Also, the simple test to determine a false religion or religionist is to ask this simple question: "Who is the Lord Jesus Christ?" If the answer is not "Jesus is God who became Man to die for our sins" then you know where that person stands.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If one wishes to keep things simple then are only two options for anyone: (1) Bible Christianity or (2) all other false religions (including False Christianity).

Also, the simple test to determine a false religion or religionist is to ask this simple question: "Who is the Lord Jesus Christ?" If the answer is not "Jesus is God who became Man to die for our sins" then you know where that person stands.
You're too dogmatic Enoch - the question in regard to the OP is, 'what is Biblical Christianity'. Have you ever met someone who holds a contrarian or divergent view from your own, who didn't claim that they were firmly Biblical in their theology? I never, ever have.
...oh, and by the way, in regard to your final remark, there's no such thing as a god-man - that's Biblical and elementary reasoning, just so you know.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're too dogmatic Enoch - the question in regard to the OP is, 'what is Biblical Christianity'. Have you ever met someone who holds a contrarian or divergent view from your own, who didn't claim that they were firmly Biblical in their theology? I never, ever have.
...oh, and by the way, in regard to your final remark, there's no such thing as a god-man - that's Biblical and elementary reasoning, just so you know.
You have to make arguments against the reality of certain scriptures (such as John 1:1-3 w/ John 1:14) in order to keep your pov.

Therefore it is clear to me and also to many others here that your doctrine is unbiblical.

Also, have you ever compared the following two verses?

Jhn 1:3, All things were made by him <the Word>; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isa 44:24, Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD <Jehovah> that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Apparently Jehovah is the Word; whom we know to be Jesus Christ when we compare John 1:1 to John 1:14.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 2:13, Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14, But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the answer is not "Jesus is God who became Man to die for our sins" then you know where that person stands.

Ironically, that’s what false Christianity teaches.

The Bible teaches this:

1 John 4:2-3 KJV
[2] Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: [3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 John 5:1 KJV
[1] Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God

While a strong case can be made out of scripture that Jesus is God, the scriptures themselves never make this a condition of who is a true or false believer. Man does!

Reactions: DNB

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While a strong case can be made out of scripture that Jesus is God, the scriptures themselves never make this a condition of who is a true or false believer. Man does!
That is totally nonsensical! Starting with the miraculous birth of Christ and going to the book of Revelation, the Bible is emphatic that Jesus is God, and unless a person believes this he or she will die in their sins.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Chapter and verse?
Kindly invest in Nave's Topical Bible and see all the verses relating to this. But for our purposes one verse will suffice:

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM [he], ye shall die in your sins. (John 8:24)

What is Jesus saying to you right here and right now? That if you do not believe that He is I AM, you will die in your sins. Had the KJV and other translations properly translated this verse, "I AM" would be in all caps (which is the personal name of God), and "he" would not be inserted to mislead the reader. Here is how the Greek is written (without "he"):

εἶπον οὖν ὑμῖν ὅτι ἀποθανεῖσθε ἐν ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις ὑμῶν· ἐὰν γὰρ μὴ πιστεύσητε ὅτι ἐγώ εἰμι, ἀποθανεῖσθε ἐν ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις ὑμῶν.
The literal interlinear translation is: I said therefore to you that you will die in the sins of you; if for not you believe that I AM, you will die in the sins of you.

To confirm that "I AM THAT I AM" or "I AM" is the personal name of God, see Exodus 3.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kindly invest in Nave's Topical Bible and see all the verses relating to this. But for our purposes one verse will suffice:

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM [he], ye shall die in your sins. (John 8:24)

What is Jesus saying to you right here and right now? That if you do not believe that He is I AM, you will die in your sins. Had the KJV and other translations properly translated this verse, "I AM" would be in all caps (which is the personal name of God), and "he" would not be inserted to mislead the reader. Here is how the Greek is written (without "he"):

εἶπον οὖν ὑμῖν ὅτι ἀποθανεῖσθε ἐν ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις ὑμῶν· ἐὰν γὰρ μὴ πιστεύσητε ὅτι ἐγώ εἰμι, ἀποθανεῖσθε ἐν ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις ὑμῶν.
The literal interlinear translation is: I said therefore to you that you will die in the sins of you; if for not you believe that I AM, you will die in the sins of you.

To confirm that "I AM THAT I AM" or "I AM" is the personal name of God, see Exodus 3.

That is totally false.

The context there is “if you do not believe that I am he [spoken of in the scriptures as being Messiah].

That book was written by a false teacher.

I’m not interested in man’s opinions; especially by those pushing a theological tradition.

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm disappointed in you, @Michiah-Imla.

Up until now you had been preaching sound doctrine as concerning other issues.
I'm very proud of you @Michiah-Imla , don't let the heretics' eisegesis gain a foothold. Out of Enoch's own mouth, certain perversions are self evident, and his bastardization of John 8:24 makes one appreciate how overt such folly can be.
Keeping it real, pure monotheism!

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm very proud of you @Michiah-Imla , don't let the heretics' eisegesis gain a foothold. Out of Enoch's own mouth, certain perversions are self evident, and his bastardization of John 8:24 makes one appreciate how overt such folly can be.
Keeping it real, pure monotheism!
John 8:24 teaches clearly that the doctrine of the Deity of Christ is essential for salvation.

By denying that doctrine, @Michiah-Imla places himself outside of the sphere of salvation in Christ.

He will die in his sins except he repents of his unbelief as concerning the doctrine of Christ's Deity.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 8:24 teaches clearly that the doctrine of the Deity of Christ is essential for salvation.

By denying that doctrine, @Michiah-Imla places himself outside of the sphere of salvation in Christ.

He will die in his sins except he repents of his unbelief as concerning the doctrine of Christ's Deity.
You've been given plenty of time to repent, JBF, from your perverted and perditious ways. A Deity is an all-powerful, all-knowing and omni-present being, how can you compromise, divide or confuse, the perfectness and completeness of one, with another?
What you are preaching is wickedness, and unsound delirium, and yet you persist in espousing such wretched nonsense to others.
When will you repent of your misguided and lethal ways?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've been given plenty of time to repent, JBF, from your perverted and perditious ways. A Deity is an all-powerful, all-knowing and omni-present being, how can you compromise, divide or confuse, the perfectness and completeness of one, with another?
What you are preaching is wickedness, and unsound delirium, and yet you persist in espousing such wretched nonsense to others.
When will you repent of your misguided and lethal ways?
There is nothing pernicious or wicked about the doctrine of Christ's Deity; for it is the teaching of the Bible.

You are attempting to say that the Bible's teaching is pernicious and wicked; and that would make the Bible an unholy book.

It would also make the author of the Bible (the Holy Ghost) an unholy person (for if the fruit is unholy, so is the tree).

Be careful where you tread your feet; you are walking on dangerous ground.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is nothing pernicious or wicked about the doctrine of Christ's Deity; for it is the teaching of the Bible.

You are attempting to say that the Bible's teaching is pernicious and wicked; and that would make the Bible an unholy book.

It would also make the author of the Bible (the Holy Ghost) an unholy person (for if the fruit is unholy, so is the tree).

Be careful where you tread your feet; you are walking on dangerous ground.
Your denigrating and subversive remarks about the Godhead will not go unnoticed on Judgement Day.
You have taken the glory of the Son, and the love of the Father, and degraded them both into a cesspool of convoluted nonsense, that has elicited nothing but mockery and ridicule from potential converts - Jews or Muslims.
You, or any other tritheist, can't even explain what you have conjured up in your imagination, but you still insist on presenting it as God-breathed revelation, when it is nothing more than putrid and self-defeating chaos.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your denigrating and subversive remarks about the Godhead will not go unnoticed on Judgement Day.
You have taken the glory of the Son, and the love of the Father, and degraded them both into a cesspool of convoluted nonsense, that has elicited nothing but mockery and ridicule from potential converts - Jews or Muslims.
You, or any other tritheist, can't even explain what you have conjured up in your imagination, but you still insist on presenting it as God-breathed revelation, when it is nothing more than putrid and self-defeating chaos.
I am no tritheist; as a matter of fact I fight for the Oneness of the Lord (against tritheism) in the Trinity; which states that God is one.

I believe that I have explained the doctrine well in the following thread in a manner that is not self-defeating chaos, as you put it.

True Trinity. (posts #1-#6).

Last edited: