Chrislam?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
I am slow at times and from time to time I need the help of friends like Jeff Mills to catch up. The following link was sought out by me because of a heads up from Jeff. http://www.stevesweetman.com/articles011/chrislam.htm

Now I paste the alert from Jeff because with the Worlds, a.k.a. lost men, use of the Matt. 7:1 passage. This passage, jerked out of context does read just as they propose, right up until you follow logic and gather it into itś proper context where we are taught to, indeed, judge people... by the same standard we wish to be judged by. I have oft been assailed for my use of the name, Rick Warren in connection with his leading the charge in the One World Church movement and in fact will. very likely, be banned from at least one ¨Christian¨ website for posting this message... just so the Moderator know´s, I remember but it is the Only Holy God that I serve and none other.

I forward this onto you because this movement has caught on in a bg way across the USA., Pastor Rich warren and Bill Hybells are behind this as well.

Be warned! This is the end-time apostasy church.

Jeff Mills

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Subject: God Has No Sons
To: "Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@gold.pobox.com

www.stevesweetman.com

Listen to my audio blog - 7 minutes long

Islam - Chrislam - Israel

Listen Now

God Has No Sons

If your neighbour was a devout Muslim, could you be his friend? I could. If your Muslim neighbour invited you to join him in worship to Allah, would you accept his invitation? I would not.

Chrislam, a new religious movement to North America began in Africa during the 1980's. This movement seeks to find common ground between Islam and Christianity. Beyond finding common ground, Chrislam seeks to bring Christians and Muslims together in one common worship service. Both Muslims and Christians are seen worshipping the Almighty of their choice in one gathering. The end goal of Chrislam is to unite these two religions into one, but is this really possible when the fundamental belief systems of Christianity and Islam are light years apart?

There are a number of things stated in the Koran that should disturb Christians. One particular reoccurring phrase that appears in the Koran is "God has no sons". God having no sons is fundamental to Islam. God having a Son is fundamental to Christianity.

John 1:1 and 2 state, "in the beginning was the Word, (Jesus) and the Word was with God and the Word was God". John 1:10 states, "He (Jesus) was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him". This passage, along with other passages, states that God came to earth in human form which the world failed to recognize. John 3:16 calls this human form "the Son of God". It's not that people don't recognize the existence of Jesus in history, because they do. When people saw Jesus walking the shores of the Jordan River, they recognized Him as Jesus. What people failed to acknowledge back then and still fail to acknowledge today, and that includes Muslims, is that Jesus is the "Son of God".

Beyond God having one very special Son, the Bible teaches that He has many adopted sons. John 1:12 states that whoever believes in Jesus has been given the right to become a child, or, a son of God. Simply believing that Jesus was a man, or even a prophet, doesn't give anyone the right to be an adopted son of God. Giving yourself to Jesus, the Son of God, does give you the right to become an adopted son of God. The Bible clearly teaches that God has one very special Son and many adopted sons, yet Islam says that God has no sons.

If my neighbour was a devout Muslim, I believe I could be his friend. I would genuinely be interested in hearing how and why he thinks and believes as he does. I'm sure we could spend hours on my back deck talking about these things. That being said, I cannot compromise the truth of the Bible. I would declare to Him that God does have a Son, and without Him he has no access to God, no matter what name you call Him. If he struggles with that and ends the friendship, so be it. I'd stand firm on the truth of Scripture no matter the cost.

If my Muslim neighbour invited me to an Islam, or even a Chrislam, worship service, I would definitely decline. The apostle Paul would have done the same. If you study 1 Corinthians 8 you'll understand Paul's thinking concerning such things. Paul would have no problem eating meat that had been offered to an idol if he was invited to a pagan's home for lunch. He would have been heavily criticized for that, but meat was not the issue for Paul. However, Paul would not eat that same piece of meat in the context of a pagan worship service. He would never participate in any kind of pagan worship to other gods, even if it provided an opportunity to witness for Jesus. He knew the Old Testament command too well to do that. My point is simple. Be a friend to the pagan if at all possible, but never join in worship to his gods.

Many people point out that Paul was often found in dialogue with those of other religions, and that's true. That being said, his intent was not to find common ground with other religions. His intent was to persuade people to forsake their gods, repent, and hand their lives over to the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He was not interested in compromising the gospel for the sake of unity, and neither should we.

Chrislam has it wrong. A Christian cannot unite himself in worship with a Muslim because the Muslim denies the very existence of the God Christians serve, and we would deny Him too if we worshipped with Muslims. Christians worship the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ as Paul so often called God ( Romans 15:6, 2 Corinthians 1:3 …). If you take God's Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, out of the equation, you have forsaken the God of the Bible. And, if you know how God felt about Israel participating in pagan worship in Old Testament times, that should make you tremble in your boots. The very thought of worshipping with a Muslim in a Chrislam service should strike your heart with fear.

www.stevesweetman.com

--
Jeff
www.finalharvestministries.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaqsTdIlBlk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6HM-6R6-RI

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeff Mills? From Guatemala?

I have spent many hours talking with him, although it has been a few years.....lost contact.

I think Paul may have been more ecumenical than you believe:

Acts 17:22-24

[sup]22[/sup] Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. [sup]23[/sup] For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

[sup]24[/sup] “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.

Perhaps Paul would have seen Allah as a shadow of the true God

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Jeff Mills? From Guatemala?

I have spent many hours talking with him, although it has been a few years.....lost contact.

I think Paul may have been more ecumenical than you believe:
[font="Verdana][size="2"]
Acts 17:22-24

[sup]22[/sup] Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. [sup]23[/sup] For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

[sup]24[/sup] “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.

Perhaps Paul would have seen Allah as a shadow of the true God[/size][/font]

I have to completely and perhaps emphatically disagree with you here Aspen. Allah is not YHWH. Not even close. It is a terrible thing people do when trying to claim we are all actually following the same God. We are not.

You will remember that when Paul keeps talking, he tells them of this 'unknown God', who is in fact THE God, who made all. He then tells them that while God 'overlooked times of ignorance" that men must now repent, because judgement was coming. It is actually a call for them to cease their foolish and destructive worship of false gods, not a commendation for their extensive religiosity. He is in no way confirming the actual deity of those other gods, he only used the alters and the unnamed one as an in to discuss the reality and existence of another God...the real and only God.

As much as a Christian's message of love and acceptance is of dire importance, it is also, I think the most dangerous when we see this being turned into a message that "all is one, no matter the path taken". More and more we see this. 'Love the muslims, because they follow the same god, just a different path.' Wrong. We love them because they are sinners like us, and like us they need to know the love of Jesus. But by saying that their path is different but will lead to the same destination...I think it disregards and changes everything scripture tells us about God and Jesus. We love, but we cannot mesh religions together. We either believe what Jesus told us...that He is the ONLY way, or we do not. This is one thing we cannot compromise in.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I have heard a couple of people speak on the topic of 'Chrislam.'

All the "nice people" are going to get together and accentuate the commonalities that our faiths have.

Jesus Christ will be marginalized and those who point out that the only way - according to Christ Himself - that we can come to God is through Jesus, we will be tagged as, "haters," "elitists," "judgmental," etc. etc. etc.

This is a precurser of what to expect at the creation of the One World Church.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas

All the "nice people" are going to get together and accentuate the commonalities that our faiths have.

Jesus Christ will be marginalized and those who point out that the only way - according to Christ Himself - that we can come to God is through Jesus, we will be tagged as, "haters," "elitists," "judgmental," etc. etc. etc.

AMEN!! And once more I say Amen!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I've been trying for a number of years to warn my Christian brothers and sisters about that kind of 'one world' religious movement. It's prophesied to occur is why.

When Apostle Paul foretold the Antichrist is going to exalt himself over all that is worshipped, this is what that movement is about. It's in prep for the coming Antichrist. The Inter-Faith joining of religions is a world 'beast' design. This is why I posted an article about world summits being held in Moscow with religious heads from many religions attending. It's why I've posted articles revealing the ecumenical movement pushed in many of our Christian Churches today.

Religion is the very last field to be conquered by the locust working. The world beast system already has control of the financial sector, the political sector, and the educational sector. All that's left now is the sector of religion.

We're already seeing governments limit what is preached from The Bible in a lot of Christian Churches. In Canada one pastor was thrown in jail for preaching straight Bible to his congregation against the sin of homosexuality. There have already been arrests by local police in the U.S.A. of Christians merely reading The Bible in public (this year in California). Make no mistake, the law enforcement agencies have been trained for quite a while now to respond against public Christian proselytizing.

The "one world government" hosts are out to create 'their' world peace at any cost. God has given them the power in the last days to do that, and He warned us about it in His Word. That is the Rev.13:1-2 beast forming up.

We already have a blueprint of how devout Bible-believing Christians are going to be treated per the patterns in Russia and Red China. The Communist Party in those countries have complete control over the Christian Church organization there. If you want to be a Christian there, they require that you MUST belong and attend only 'their' version of a Christian Church. Because of that, many Christians in those countries are holding church meetings in their homes instead, in secret. The Communist Party in those nations are constantly after those pastors who hold church in their homes, throwing them in prison.

Some of you understand this, and maybe have already grasped why The LORD has hit you by The Holy Spirit to want to understand His Word more accurately for yourself. You are being called out by The LORD because of the greater apostasy of many Christian brethren that's getting ready to happen. The one world government hosts think they can actually control the understanding of all of God's People, even His elect? No way! God is calling out a people, and sadly, it is away from a lot of Christian Churches that are being taken over by locusts. So decide.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

Agreed! I find the 'religions' that try to blend into Christianity and undermine those foundations that are so very core to our beliefs, to be more dangerous and worrying than other completely different religions.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rach -

I said 'shadow of the true God' - big, big difference from equating Allah with God. In no way do I support Islam as a true religion or a road to Christianity.

And Foreigner - Although I cannot speak for anyone else, I do not think that people who recognize Christianity as the only true religion are haters or bigots.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Hi Rach -

I said 'shadow of the true God' - big, big difference from equating Allah with God. In no way do I support Islam as a true religion or a road to Christianity.

oh, okay. Can you maybe elaborate on what you do mean by 'shadow of the true God', so I can understand what you were originally trying to say...as I appear to have missed it!!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, okay. Can you maybe elaborate on what you do mean by 'shadow of the true God', so I can understand what you were originally trying to say...as I appear to have missed it!!

A stuff toy dog is a shadow of my real pet dog.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Agreed! I find the 'religions' that try to blend into Christianity and undermine those foundations that are so very core to our beliefs, to be more dangerous and worrying than other completely different religions.

-- I couldn't agree more.