• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

This is information about how Christ was baptized with the Holy Spirit.

“The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭11:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

““Behold! My Servant whom I uphold, My Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭42:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

““The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭61:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:32‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:38‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

In Christ, be encouraged,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: Nancy