Christ Expression

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:8,

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

What do you suppose you lose when you suffer loss. Is it your houses, cars, lands, stuff, no God doesn't need your stuff. So just exactly what is it you suffer the loss of for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my lord? You suffer the loss of your identity, everything that makes you a you. We brag about our accomplishments, we feel we paid the price for them. My education, my job, my family heritage, my accomplishments, but as Paul said when he listed these things he counted them all dung. Why would we do such a thing? Because it is "the knowledge of Christ Christ my lord" that means anything in life.

Those that have worked the hardest at accomplishing a task, such as mentioned, can be the most unfulfilled individuals at what they do. You see it is not what you do in life that fullfills you, but Christ in you with knowledge is the only thing that can fulfill an individual. I think about the scripture that says "there is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus." Thing is we all know people that live with condemnation, so it is the believers that are in Christ with knowledge, or those that know they are in Christ by the Spirit.

Identity loss will be as hard as anything you ever suffer from. Because we think we are living our proper identity, we still try to live from the old man. Clean him up and make him fly right. The old mind which carries with it the residue of the old man can be renewed to the new identity but cannot live from the old identity. The old identity is what Paul suffers the loss of. You will never cease from being a unique creation, but what you know and understand does change. You become the vehicle for Christ as life expression, he can live his life through you. You have no other life, the only other life we think we have was crucified and died in Christ on the cross. You are free to express who you are now, a believer with a new identity living the Christ life.

It takes revelation and understanding to live according to the plan of God, Paul came to it and so can every born again believer.

Reactions: marks and bbyrd009

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We brag about our accomplishments, we feel we paid the price for them. My education, my job, my family heritage, my accomplishments

We have worked hard for these things. There loss would be very real.
For many people literally a loss of their home and where will they live?

Who among us will risk loosing our job, our home, our childrens education for Jesus?

Where is the Christian outrage against all that is ungodly. It has been lost as Christians keep their heads down and don't rock the boat.