Christ Healed the Sick with Marijuana

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So they think Jesus was a cannabis using hippy? Magic mushrooms as well perhaps?
Well some people seem to think he went to India in his gap year to learn from Indian gurus.

I think it's more than stretching things. Note they say:
“There can be little doubt about a role for cannabis in Judaic religion…. There is no way that so important a plant as a fiber source for textiles and nutritive oils and one so easy to grow would have gone unnoticed… the mere harvesting of it would have induced an entheogenic reaction.”
In other words they have no actual evidence but are speculating.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Mungo said:
So they think Jesus was a cannabis using hippy? Magic mushrooms as well perhaps?
Well some people seem to think he went to India in his gap year to learn from Indian gurus.

I think it's more than stretching things. Note they say:
“There can be little doubt about a role for cannabis in Judaic religion…. There is no way that so important a plant as a fiber source for textiles and nutritive oils and one so easy to grow would have gone unnoticed… the mere harvesting of it would have induced an entheogenic reaction.”
In other words they have no actual evidence but are speculating.
ha well i notice that you pulled prolly the only disclaimer from the article lol, hardly a fair characterization.

This holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus (30:22-23), contained over six pounds of kaneh-bosem, a substance identified by respected etymologists, linguists, anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis, extracted into about six quarts of olive oil, along with a variety of other fragrant herbs.
now you got something real to say, or what

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
OzSpen said:
You have to be kidding! :wub:
Could someone be on a high when that article was written? What people will do to promote their ideology!

Oz
yes, and what people will do to not see, as well, i guess. I cannot say that i know; only that i am seeing kids and adults cured of various ailments, and do not believe the Reefer Madness theory of hemp, myself. Do you have a comment to make on the relevant snippet, or no? ty

This holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus (30:22-23), contained over six pounds of kaneh-bosem, a substance identified by respected etymologists, linguists, anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis, extracted into about six quarts of olive oil, along with a variety of other fragrant herbs.
it doesn't strike you that maybe condemning pot while advocating alcohol is maybe a bit hypocritical?

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it doesn't strike you that maybe condemning pot while advocating alcohol is maybe a bit hypocritical?
Or for that matter some that advocate eating unclean meats as well while condemning pot. The bible at least clearly specifies the meats while nothing is really stated (clearly) about cannabis, and alcohol is not unclean but had its restrictions (such as priests being under its influence for service or general drunkenness). I do know that certain incense and similar concoctions for the sanctuary are not to be made or treated in a common fashion. If Jesus used any herb such as cannabis, it would have been circumstantial in a similar manner the way he spit and made mud for the eyes. He did not use the same technique for all healing and certainly would not have glorified his ingredients over the power of God despite using them. The article does have some interesting points (such as corporate $$$ interests which I know all too well) as long as it's not a stealth promo for a one-time-cure. I prefer to remain open and neutral about this.

Jan 19, 2017
USA, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stupid Potheads will say and do anything to claim marijuana is harmless and beneficial, they want to excuse their use of pot, which is a dangerous drug, so they can waste their lives getting high. Only idiots use illegal drugs like this, for one thing they are breaking the law, people should respect and obey the law. Drugs are bad, they mess up your mind. Cannabis impairs the brain, it kills brain cells and makes people stupid, it makes them look, talk, and act stupid. There is no proof that the Israelites used cannabis. There's nothing in the Bible about cannabis. God would severely disapprove of the use of stimulating, mind affecting drugs, that damage the brain.

Reactions: Willie T

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Little known but two other disciples were Bill and Ted. Really this takes the cake. There are many needs out there. Sad really.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched a video or two on the properties of cannabis, that have helped several conditions in brain function, the little girl "Charlotte" with epilepsy, the strain developed "Charlottes Web" low in THC and high in CBD, watch the video, made me shed a tear or two.

I have an associate that does not smoke weed, and he uses the oils for severe arthritis hands, he swears by it, as even I have seen his condition improve without other meds, no joke!

Last edited: