Christ in “you”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Avagabond

Feb 22, 2022
Thunder Bay Ontario
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
I once taught a small group of christians, who were captured by my great finesse and charm, lol, please excuse my drunken humour.
One thing that dawned on me at that time was, “Christ in you”.
I’ve always looked for Christ in me, but couldn’t find him, because I know me and I’m no Christ!
As I taught one very educated person asked me what background do I have, I have none, except my parents were engulfed with Christianity.
Since as long as I can remember we were dragged from house to house, and all they talked about was the bible.
At age of nine we moved from Maine to Canada, chasing an “end time move of God”.
We were supposed to learn how to live in the wilderness so when the luminate takes over the world we would be safe. Later when the world crashes the church from the wilderness would come to society and save the world.
Lol, it was a five year plan, which started in 1972, some of them are still around. Good people but somewhat deceived.
One day,I looked at myself with real honesty and sure hated what I could see.
Later I tried terribly hard to show others what I knew.
Soon after I met a small group of simple people whom the spirit seemed to suggest I should spend some effort.
They were very deceived (according to me) and I tried to change them.
some time took place with my efforts and I gave up!
God I prayed, I can’t love these people, they are way too religious, if you can love them please love them through me, but I have one condition, let me feel your love to them.
There are tears in my eyes as I write! I soon became overwhelmed!
I want to love, and I want to know, but I don’t know how.
This is why I call myself a vagabond, I don’t fit anywhere and I surely can’t say with conviction that I love Christ.
My latest revelation isn’t to look for Christ in me, but to look for Christ in you!
In you I think it maybe possible.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I once taught a small group of christians, who were captured by my great finesse and charm, lol, please excuse my drunken humour.
I’ve always looked for Christ in me, but couldn’t find him, because I know me and I’m no Christ!
As I taught one very educated person asked me what background do I have, I have none, except my parents were engulfed with Christianity.
Since as long as I can remember we were dragged from house to house, and all they talked about was the bible.
At age of nine we moved from Maine to Canada, chasing an “end time move of God”.
We were supposed to learn how to live in the wilderness so when the luminate takes over the world we would be safe. Later when the world crashes the church from the wilderness would come to society and save the world.
Lol, it was a five year plan, which started in 1972, some of them are still around. Good people but somewhat deceived.
Soon after I met a small group of simple people whom the spirit seemed to suggest I should spend some effort.
God I prayed, I can’t love these people, they are way too religious, if you can love them please love them through me, but I have one condition, let me feel your love to them.
This is why I call myself a vagabond, I don’t fit anywhere and I surely can’t say with conviction that I love Christ.
My latest revelation isn’t to look for Christ in me, but to look for Christ in you!
I hear your story A. I can relate.
I have learned that love is is more than a feeling....it is an immovable principle and given our feelings are as fickle as the weather I would like you, not want to define love by them. Neither would I want to define love by the behaviour of others. I do however have a reference point which is solid... 'In this is love: it was not that we loved God, but he has loved us, and he sent us his Son, the atonement for the sake of our sins' 1 John 4:10
Oh the wonder of it!.....and if you are interested and would like to explore it further, you would be welcome to join a handful of us who are coming to understand this very thing ...via a Zoom pow wow.
Let me know if you are interested and I'll get the details to you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do hear you as well. My dear friend @Helen and her spouse Dave moved similar from Great Britain to Canada as you did from the USA to Canada for reasons similar to those of your parents. Perhaps she will share here their experiences.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The work is done. Only believe.

If you believe, go then from the stocking to the tree. Do nothing, but see what gifts the Lord has for you.

Reactions: Lambano and marks

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a defining moment in your life when you received God's free gift of forgiveness and became born again? Like this... ↓↓↓

‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified." Luke 18:13-14

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once had a square-peg-in-a-round-hole vagabond brother tell me he saw Christ in me. I learned more from him than he did from me; what did he see in me that I don't see in myself? I wish I could show you what he saw, but I lost whatever it was somewhere along the road. The sense of loss fills me with sadness.

I see the wisdom in what you seek - to see Christ in my brothers and sisters instead of myself. May I join you? I think I've caught a few glimpses here and there...

Reactions: TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How sad is this thread, But Jesus promised, if you seek you will find. Whatever is in your heart to seek, it is God? His forgiveness? His love? Jesus promised, IF you ask, you Will receive.

Much love!

Avagabond

Feb 22, 2022
Thunder Bay Ontario
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
I once had a square-peg-in-a-round-hole vagabond brother tell me he saw Christ in me. I learned more from him than he did from me; what did he see in me that I don't see in myself? I wish I could show you what he saw, but I lost whatever it was somewhere along the road. The sense of loss fills me with sadness.

I see the wisdom in what you seek - to see Christ in my brothers and sisters instead of myself. May I join you? I think I've caught a few glimpses here and there...
You’re so close to truth, it’s not about us, but Christ, not in us but in “you”. I’m so encouraged to see others seeing!

Reactions: Pisteuo and Lambano

Avagabond

Feb 22, 2022
Thunder Bay Ontario
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
How sad is this thread, But Jesus promised, if you seek you will find. Whatever is in your heart to seek, it is God? His forgiveness? His love? Jesus promised, IF you ask, you Will receive.

Much love!
I was challenged once, about the seed of God, it threw me. So I searched fervently for the seed in the bible.
Suddenly the book opened and everything I read was about the seed.
As i lay in bed reflecting, I suddenly heard voices.
I cannot tell you what they were saying, but I knew they reflected on me….. I felt like a new born baby and all those who were watching were rejoicing

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was challenged once, about the seed of God, it threw me. So I searched fervently for the seed in the bible.
Suddenly the book opened and everything I read was about the seed.
As i lay in bed reflecting, I suddenly heard voices.
I cannot tell you what they were saying, but I knew they reflected on me….. I felt like a new born baby and all those who were watching were rejoicing
I had the same revelation. It's all about the word of God that he has sown coming to fruition. It's the key to the whole Bible.

"13Then Jesus said to them, “Do you not understand this parable (the Parable of the Seed and the Sower)? Then how will you understand any of the parables?" Mark 4:13

Reactions: TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Best way to see Jesus in yourself, or so it seems to me, is to not think about yourself, and keep you mind focused on the people around you.

Much love!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Best way to see Jesus in yourself, or so it seems to me, is to not think about yourself, and keep you mind focused on the people around you.

Much love!
That may be one of the paradoxes of the Christian faith, along the lines of, "Those who would save their own life will lose it, but those who lose their life for my sake will find it for eternity".

You reminded me of what C.S. Lewis wrote in Mere Christianity about humility: It's not about thinking how wretched you are; it's not thinking of yourself at all.

Or something like that.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That may be one of the paradoxes of the Christian faith, along the lines of, "Those who would save their own life will lose it, but those who lose their life for my sake will find it for eternity".

You reminded me of what C.S. Lewis wrote in Mere Christianity about humility: It's not about thinking how wretched you are; it's not thinking of yourself at all.

Or something like that.
@Lambano The daily challenge is: 'Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2).

Reactions: Lambano

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Or something like that.
Exactly like that.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 3:17-18 KJV
17) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18) But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass (as in a mirror) the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

We see Christ in ourselves when we are doing as Christ does. We do as Christ does when we stop doing our own thing, and sit still until He moves us. When we wait on Him, putting our own minds to rest, by meditating on God, His Word, hymns and psalms, in quietness and trust, He can then guide His flow of love through us towards others.

Do you recognize God's amazing love for you?

Consider . . . God can make whatever He wants to make, and He made you! Why? Because it pleased Him to do so. Do you think He wants you? Of course He does! He made you for the very specific purpose that you and He could commune together. I think of this like me and Tiger, my black and grey tabby. He's a great cat, but he's a cat, and does all the cat things, good and bad. But I'm not going to stop loving him. I picked him out special, and I've never gone back on my choice.

God's not like me! I may change, but He will not! And in fact, I will change, because He will change me. It's like if I were making my cat into a man. Some of those cat-like parts would remain while I complete my work.

Some of those fleshy parts of me remain as Jesus completes His work in me, that renewing of the mind, training us to think of things the right way.

Psalms 103:12-14 KJV
12) As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
13) Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
14) For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Much love!

Reactions: Acolyte

LookingForGod

Apr 11, 2022
USA-Southeast
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Avagabond,

Are you still on this forum? Are you still an agnostic? If not, I'd be eager to hear how you changed.

It's getting kind of tiresome and rather embarrassing with all the threads being mine.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Does Jesus actually say or do anything that you can be sure your hope in him is real? I remember going through those same feelings year's ago. I also began drinking more and more, and shut myself off from the outside world. I was rolling around in such despair, believing I was going to die in my sinful filth.

So I kinda get what kind of internal conflict your fighting.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Avagabond,

Are you still on this forum? Are you still an agnostic? If not, I'd be eager to hear how you changed.

It's getting kind of tiresome and rather embarrassing with all the threads being mine.
He won't be for long if Christian's keep treating him the way they do.