Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in a day when people have turned from truth to fables so it should not be a surprise that some even on message boards have been deceived into such false ideas.

No one on this board has:

1]traveled to heaven and back

2]Had God-given visions

3]speak or pray in tongues

4]raised the dead

5]received a postcard from "Luke"

6] had any contact with Apostles

7] seen the Virgin Mary

8] been given visions

9] "move" in the gifts

10] seen demons flying around in church

11] seen demons chasing squirrels in their attic

12] bound satan

13] spoken rhema words

14] received a "double portion"

15] detecting auras

16] believing God for a miracle

17] been "slain in the Spirit"

18] name it and claim it

19 ] and of course claiming the old standby "the anointing breaks the yoke"

20]Had bouts of "holy laughter"

These and other such fabrications are offered as a poor substitute for the faith ONCE GIVEN TO THE SAINTS
Many claim these and more but need to examine their claims in light of scripture, not claim their experiences trump scripture.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TESTIMONIES
Holy Laughter and Animal Noises

BY DOKIMOS ⋅ AUGUST 4, 2014 ⋅ POST A COMMENT

by Theodore Wright.

laugh.jpg

There have been various phenomena experienced by believers in Jesus in regard to the diverse activities of the Holy Spirit. God acts according to His Word, as recorded in the Holy Bible, but He is full of surprises.

In 1984, being born-again for one year at that time, I was prayed for in front of the church. Being touched only lightly on the forehead, I was knocked out. When I opened my eyes again I found myself having received a deliverance from God. I could feel the Holy Spirit springing up inside my chest continually like a fountain.

As 2 Timothy 1:7 says, “God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.Some have referred to this experience as “Slain in the Spirit”. I will simply say that I received a spiritual deliverance from the Lord Jesus Christ. Yes, I have had even a number of experiences from the Lord where He helped me in unusual ways.

Many years later, I was an assistant pastor in a Pentecostal church in the United States during the mid-1990s. The experience of the “Toronto Blessing” was hotly criticized. Christians who attended the Toronto Airport Vineyard Christian Fellowship (now called Catch the Fire) were experiencing what was called in this denominationally generated Pentecostal article as the “Holy Giggles” or what is generally called “Holy Laughter”. People reported manifestations of laughing as a result of the work of the Holy Spirit. What was also cited was that certain people spoke in what were called “Animal Noises” with people barking like dogs and roaring like lions. I found this disturbing and found it unusual that a movement regarding this resulted. This article was read in the Pentecostal church by the pastor more than once and said, in its conclusion, that none of the experiences there could be supported by Scripture. I had accepted what was said at the time from this article when I knew nothing of what went on in Toronto then.

In the mid-2000s, a Vineyard pastor who I was friends with, loaned me a book written by Derek Morphew from the New Wine Movement in the Episcopal Church in England. This book gave a Biblical and otherwise apologetic defense for what happened at the Toronto church. He noted that the greatest critics to a new revival are those who were the recipients from the previous one. As a result of this book, I kept an open mind regarding the Holy Laughter that happened at Toronto in the mid-1990s but was still very skeptical about what was called “Animal Noises”. Though, at that time, I had accepted that “Holy Laughter” was a result of legitimate revival. I still thought that those “Animal Noises” were the result of religious excesses. In any God given revival, the devil cannot stop it. Therefore, the devil will try to give the movement a push forward of his own to try to get it to fall on its face. This was my conclusion about what was going on at Toronto.

‘When we talk to “roarers”, they often tell us of very profound images, visions, and feelings they have had from God. Among interpretations that keep emerging, two appear quite often: the “roaring” sometimes signifies an impartation of boldness to evangelize; it sometimes represents a type of intercession which breaks down stronghold of the enemy.’

I was stunned by what I read and stopped right there and said, “OH … MY … GOD.”

Then I continued and said, “He proved it! He actually proved it!” I said this because I remembered how back in the mid-1990s, after I received a deliverance, I also received a boldness to evangelize. But also, I recalled that evening, after I got home that night, I felt the Holy Spirit rising inside of me but it was not tongues. I felt like roaring. I did not understand this. The feeling got stronger so I looked up to Heaven and said, “O.K., God. I am going to do it once and get it over with.” I roared and maybe I even roared twice. Afterwards, I had not done that again. Then it seems I forgot all about it over the years until I was again reminded.

What_About_Animal_Noises1.png

I thought this was an interesting experience but forgot all about it until I read that article. I then said to myself, “What does this mean?” I thought it over then said, “It means I took something of God and called it the devil.” Upon saying that, I clumped down on my desk, as I did when I first got saved about thirty years before, and repented.

I remembered again how “I roared like a lion” and how this was called “Animal Noises”. Then I said, “That wasn’t an animal noise. It was a human noise that only sounded vaguely like an animal.” I knew what an animal noise sounds like. I once heard a dog barking at someone’s house when my wife and I were home shopping, but it wasn’t a dog, it was a little boy. My wife and I heard how it really sounded like a dog. It was freaky and demonic. What I experienced was not like that.

Shortly after this, I had a home Bible study, with just four of us. During worship, I felt the Holy Spirit rising inside of me. Again, this wasn’t tongues. I felt myself about to break into laughter and there was nothing in the natural which I found to laugh about. I thought to myself that if I wanted to do this, this was going to be the safest public time to do it, so I let it go and started laughing. At the Bible study they asked me, “Why are you laughing?” I laughed and said, “I don’t know! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.” and kept laughing. This happened continually to me for about two weeks where I had episodes of laughing. It did happen during some awkward times such as driving home. I had to try to with great effort stay quiet during quite inopportune moments.

My reason for writing this is not to promote Holy Laughter nor the practice of making Animal Noises. I do believe in being sober-minded but there is, after all, a “time to laugh” (Ecclesiastes 3:1-4).

I am only mentioning my experiences to share with you that God is full of surprises.

What He may do in your life might be something different from others but if it glorifies God, and furthers His gospel of the free gift of eternal life and forgiveness of all sins through trusting faith in Jesus, then it is from God. I could quote to you Isaiah 5:29-30 where people were roaring and Hosea 11:10 when the Lord Himself roared and could even tell you about Sarah saying in Genesis 21:6, “God hath made me to laugh” but I do not believe I need to do this.

joy.jpg
So what does the Bible show about “Holy Laughter”? This is just the result of the fruit of the Spirit known as JOY. There are various reactions that people have had resulting from the work of the Holy Spirit in someone’s life. If the fruit of the Lord is evident, who are we to cast judgments? What we are supposed to do is to be led by the Word and Spirit of God and discern but use proper judgment even regarding our own skepticism.

All I can say is that the apostle John said in John 20:30-31, “And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.” The Holy Bible is complete in its message but it does not say everything that God does. We dare not, though, go against the Bible with contradictions. However here, I do not find such contradiction.

Yes, this certainly surprised me like any other believer in Jesus. Even more so, since when I first “roared” there was no “Toronto Blessing” as yet. It was nine years before that happened. Those who had experienced such like this before then, I had never heard of nor seen. Indeed, I was skeptical about the “Holy Laughter Movement” when it came to news until I remembered that I, myself, was a recipient of what they called “Animal Noises”. Can you imagine having to deal with something like that?

I am sorry but I do not know what more I can say about this. I was just as surprised, if not more than others. Please, continue to trust God’s word, the Holy Bible, as the basis of your faith and doctrine. I should seriously suggest that holy laughter and animal noises not replace regular ministry. I only recommend that you keep an open mind on what God can or will do for God is full of surprises. The Holy Spirit does do amazing things.

if anyone cares to defend this nonsense go for it.

Reactions: Nancy

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@CharismaticLady @Heart2Soul @rockytopva @Philip James @Prayer Warrior @marksman @historyb @Angelina @lforrest @Hidden In Him @Sabertooth @marks @Helen

If I have missed anyone feel free to jump in, Hehehe.

Maybe we can turn this into a testimony thread, feel free to share testimonies of how God has worked miracles in your life and in the lives of those around you in this thread, even feel free share what spiritual gifts God has given you.

I am just smiling from ear to ear, what a great opportunity it is to turn this thread around
. :D

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More fiction and Christ dishonoring garbage;
Quote: Many churches are reporting spontaneous, uncontrollable laughter erupting from their congregations, even during times of solemn ceremony or messages from the pulpit. some report uncontrollable weeping, falling to the floor in ecstatic trances, and animal noises such as barking like dogs and roaring like lions. Some stagger and reel like drunken people, unable to walk a straight line. For simplicity's sake, all these have come to be called "holy laughter," since laughter is the preeminent phenomenon displayed. In simple terms, it is physical manifestations in the form of virtually any expression attributed to absolute control by the Holy Spirit. Holy laughter has received the endorsements of Oral and Richard Roberts, Marilyn Hickey, Paul and Jan Crouch, Karl Strader, Larry Tomszak, Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, John Wimber and many other media luminaries. Media Spotlight, by Albert James Dager, page 1.

Read more: "BARKING AND HOWLING" in the spirit (messages, doctrine, churches) - Christianity -  - City-Data Forum

Here you go, Any takers think this has anything to do with God other than to mock and profane that which is Holy???

Reactions: Nancy

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo Holy Laughter and the Joy of the Holy Spirit is very real, would you like some of it?

:D
That is your point of view.I do not share it. In fact, I think it is massive error and not defensible.
You are welcome to your error and express your understanding. I would not censor your speech, as you are trying to do to me. I have asked you to try and offer scripture to answer as i have not seen you attempt that..
If you believe me to be in error, show me the apostles barking like dogs, or rolling on the floor in scripture.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure? You sound like you need a good dose of Holy Spirit "Joy", the joy of the Lord. :D

I understand what biblical joy is and what it is to have it daily. It sounds to me as if you could use some solid bible study to understand what God is really doing in the world through his church.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what biblical joy is and what it is to have it daily. It sounds to me as if you could use some solid bible study to understand what God is really doing in the world through his church.
There are millions of false churches in the world, all called "his church" by multitudes who don't see the difference in God's Work and the devil's work.
The enemy is more popular than Jesus is.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is your point of view.I do not share it. In fact, I think it is massive error and not defensible.
You are welcome to your error and express your understanding. I would not censor your speech, as you are trying to do to me. I have asked you to try and offer scripture to answer as i have not seen you attempt that..
If you believe me to be in error, show me the apostles barking like dogs, or rolling on the floor in scripture.

I guess you better read book of Acts chapter 2. ;)

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right, concerning
The totoronto canada debacle in what, 1991?, - which was a demonic source of what people called holy laugher, destroyed fellowships around the world in a few months. It still deceives multitudes.

Every Christian desires what God has for them.
Everyone has to examine the scriptures first and then look at what is being offered and spoken of in light of scripture.
Several here look like they are of my experience trumps scripture school of thought.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you better read book of Acts chapter 2. ;)

Better still, my young friend, I have read it with understanding which evidently has escaped you.
You have no basis for your comments and i am more than sure that what you think you know will be quickly exposed as shallow wof, nonsense.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wof false gospel is very popular among readers and posters. "christian fiction ?" sadly very destructive to souls and faith of little ones seeking God. Many were long ago exposed , and they have thousands of posts, many more daily.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mostly seek God Himself. (I believe you already know this from experience and Scripture).
Seeking anything - even so-called gifts, leads people astray - they miss the mark.
Many mistake such fleshly productions and carnal nonsense as some kind of manifestation of the Spirit of God. The same people, in reality, despise scripture in it's daily practical instruction and God-given purpose in our sanctification. The level of biblical interaction is very low, because of feeling, experience-driven stories used as a poor, lame substitute for the word of God.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I have missed anyone feel free to jump in, Hehehe.

Must I, Lol. I think Anthony woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Either that or he's bored, LoL.

But yeah, I've been on this merry-go-round before. Eventually I figured out it just goes in circles, so I typically spend my time elsewhere these days. But thanks for the invite.

@Anthony: God bless you thing morning, brother. Hope you have a wonderful day today, and enjoy your Sunday in the Lord. When I'm more in the mood maybe I'll respond.

May grace and peace be multiplied unto you, in Him.

Reactions: Josho

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in a day when people have turned from truth to fables so it should not be a surprise that some even on message boards have been deceived into such false ideas.

2]Had God-given visions

4]raised the dead

7] seen the Virgin Mary

8] been given visions

9] "move" in the gifts

12] bound satan

13] spoken rhema words

15] detecting auras

18] name it and claim it

These and other such fabrications are offered as a poor substitute for the faith ONCE GIVEN TO THE SAINTS
Many claim these and more but need to examine their claims in light of scripture, not claim their experiences trump scripture.

I'm confused about your list. Some things on the list are legitimate, and some aren't.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and ScottA

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Joseph77,

The wof false gospel is very popular among readers and posters.

This site has been infected by it, like a malware virus. Some here think these fleshly displays are the fruit of the Spirit???
gal5;
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Joseph, I missed barking like dogs and laughing like lunatics in this list of the actual fruit of the Spirit.

"christian fiction ?" sadly very destructive to souls and faith of little ones seeking God. Many were long ago exposed , and they have thousands of posts, many more daily.

The Christian fiction is easy and takes no prayer or study, just make it up as you go.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2]Had God-given visions

4]raised the dead

7] seen the Virgin Mary

8] been given visions

9] "move" in the gifts

12] bound satan

13] spoken rhema words

15] detecting auras

18] name it and claim it

Then I take it you believe the accounts in the Bible are hogwash too. That they couldn't possibly have happened.

1. The earth and heavens were created in one week.

2. The flood covered the whole earth.

3. The plagues hit Egypt but missed every Isrealite.

4. The waters of the Red Sea and the River Jordan divided.

5. The Jews thrown into the furnace were not hurt.

6. Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt.

7. And ax head floated on top of the water.

8. Water came out of a rock.

9. Manna appeared on the ground, except on the Sabbath.

10. The dreams and visions that Joseph and Daniel had were from God.

11. A virgin gave birth to the Son of God.

12. Jesus turned plain water into fine wine.

13. The first fish they caught had enough money in its mouth to pay all their taxes.

14. Incurable disease of leprosy was healed.

15. Lazarus was brought back to life after being dead for 4 days.

16. Many instances of the blind could see.

17. Paul got bit by a poisonous snake and had no ill affects.

18. Jesus was raised from the dead and still lives today.

Last edited: