Christian Forum Welcome Center

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Heart2Soul

gumby

May 29, 2009
Hi Walter welcome to the site, thanks for adding me to your freinds list as well :D

TheUnworthyServant

Jan 30, 2010
Florida
Hi Walter and welcome

The LORD bless thee and keep thee. The LORD make his face shine upon thee and be gracious unto thee. The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee and give thee peace. Amen

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I signed up, there were several posts I wanted to reply to. Now I am nervous to do so. Could someone tell me which version of the bible is being used? I studied KJV most of my christian life, and found NIV not true to it. I understand it is an easier read, but still, side by side it alters the Word greatly. Please be patient with me if I dare to post. Thank you for a comfortable place to be. Many blessings to all.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before I signed up, there were several posts I wanted to reply to. Now I am nervous to do so. Could someone tell me which version of the bible is being used? I studied KJV most of my christian life, and found NIV not true to it. I understand it is an easier read, but still, side by side it alters the Word greatly. Please be patient with me if I dare to post. Thank you for a comfortable place to be. Many blessings to all.

Don't be nervous. Just jump right it...only a few here bite!! :D
You will soon learn who to "side-step" ...
As for which translation we use ....many of us quote KJV I always do.
But you will find many who don't use it. Off the top of my head I'd say a 50/50 split...there are no hard and fast rules. :)

Shout if you need any help...
Bless you....Helen.

.....welcome-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

PS. to my above post...

I hope you stay around a little longer than those above in this thread.
I haven't seen any of them since they posted those posts above. :D

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I quote KJV as a rule, as there are some who get downright defensive on the issue, and I like to avoid strife. There are a few places where the two will differ, btw, but as far as what you quote that's entirely up to you.

Blessings in Christ, and welcome to ChristianityBoard.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Welcome here Acolyte! If you don't like the tone of some here, there is an ignore feature so you can be spared the strife and grief. As with anything in this world...you gotta take the bad with the good. :)

Reactions: amadeus

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all. Glad to see a sense of humor and fellowship. YHWH is all and forever, he sent HIS Word to guide us, HIS Son to save us and HIS Spirit to comfort us.. and HE brought me to this place. Blessings

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might want to do a little more study on that. I believe you will find you have that backward. (The word "Authorized" in the title of the KJV did not mean "Authorized by God.")

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum.

Be ready to receive attacks no matter which side you take and no matter how careful you are.

I have used the KJV since I started to read the Bible in English and I'm not about to change now in spite of anyone's arguments against it. But... if you are on God's side will He not correctly interpret through the Holy Ghost? Hope to see you around the forum.

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I signed up, there were several posts I wanted to reply to. Now I am nervous to do so. Could someone tell me which version of the bible is being used?
Hi Acolyte, and welcome. I too use the KJV, but few hear me, and/or believe the doctrines I do. That does
give peace of mind in that I have little debate, and more time to dedicate to my wife

I do hope you feel welcome among us, and do not fear to present your faith, and reason for it. I've found
that discussion helps build us up as we study to answer one another, and just sometimes hear something
that encourages us in the way. We are at different stages of spiritual growth, and the fellowship available
can be of comfort.

May God richly bless you here in Jesus' name. :)