Christian Kooks - OMG!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose, no, scratch that. I am sure there are those who consider me a kook wearing the banner of Christian. But then again, even the people of God down through the ages thought the same of the legitimate prophets/messengers sent by God...and even killed them.

So...as history has proven, public outlook means very little...and in fact is most always wrong.

Nonetheless, OMG, we do see some kooks on here! It seems that we are a mix of genuine followers of Christ according to the perfect plan of God, atheists coming to challenge unbelief against belief, as well as a host of twisted and disturbed individuals who have made a religion out of their own take on things, those grossly misunderstanding the truth of God and being blind to the spiritual truth hidden from the natural man, the there-is-an-'ism-for-everything crowd, or the copycat religious counterfeits hoping to make their mark.

Wow!

It makes one want to leave. Some days I think, "Why bother?" Some days, I get sucked into throwing pearls to swine. Some days I am riding high on the spirit of God, cheering and wanting to throw flowers and kisses to our King for the great things He is doing.

Then I have to remember that these are the times foretold, times of falling away, times of the spirit of God being poured out upon all flesh - good and bad, a time of great tribulation, and a flood of fire from on high. So, I look and see a remnant, and thank God that all are not kooks, or blind, or demons, and know that the victory over such has already been won.

Thank God, the Lord has not left us in the middle of this chaos without hope, without a remnant.

The rest of you?

Again, I say, Wow!

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well cmon Scottie you are a virtual Nihilist, yes? Not that I don't understand where you're coming from here, but this is a forum and not irl. Meaning that appearances can be deceiving, and after all we are debating beliefs, for the most part anyway? Unfort I guess that is not true, and we quite often find ourselves attempting to debate Absolute Truths with an Oracle I guess. But even these are a window on the soul imo.

"Forum" had basically a completely diff meaning like only 20 years ago or so, yes? And those were decidedly diff anyway, not anonymous, requiring more circumspect replies. Otoh you most likely would have been rejected outright as a Christian once your beliefs were known, as would i in my present state. Don't you think?

So don't get me wrong, Good News Cafe' was pleasant enough and all--for like ten or fifteen minutes--but relinquishing the Hegelian dialectic we were all raised with--which is wadr what you are currently on about imo--is much harder than it seems I think. In the same manner that I have learned it is best (at least for the time being) to think of myself as a recovering Codependent, I am coming to think of myself as a recovering Hegelian.

Frankly I'm surprised that you mess with Christians too much lol, I get a sense of peace from you more akin to a Daoist or Buddhist, an eastern thinker iow. Meant as a compliment ok

Fwiw I certainly often share your perspective there, ok, but I am learning to take that as a personal sign. Imo this is a fab finishing school, I might even say unparalleled, and we should prolly be paying tuition!

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I suppose, no, scratch that. I am sure there are those who consider me a kook wearing the banner of Christian. But then again, even the people of God down through the ages thought the same of the legitimate prophets/messengers sent by God...and even killed them.

So...as history has proven, public outlook means very little...and in fact is most always wrong.

Nonetheless, OMG, we do see some kooks on here! It seems that we are a mix of genuine followers of Christ according to the perfect plan of God, atheists coming to challenge unbelief against belief, as well as a host of twisted and disturbed individuals who have made a religion out of their own take on things, those grossly misunderstanding the truth of God and being blind to the spiritual truth hidden from the natural man, the there-is-an-'ism-for-everything crowed, or the copycat religious counterfeits hoping to make their mark.

Wow!

It makes one want to leave. Some days I think, "Why bother?" Some days, I get sucked into throwing pearls to swine. Some days I am riding high on the spirit of God, cheering and wanting to throw flowers and kisses to our King for the great things He is doing.

Then I have to remember that these are the times foretold, times of falling away, times of the spirit of God being poured out upon all flesh - good and bad, a time of great tribulation, and a flood of fire from on high. So, I look and see a remnant, and thank God that all are not kooks, or blind, or demons, and know that the victory over such has already been won.

Thank God, the Lord has not left us in the middle of this chaos without hope, without a remnant.

The rest of you?

Again, I say, Wow!

Hahaha!! Love it!
I find I am posting less and less on here now.
There used to be a good group on here...but now...well, all this long list of "discussion subjects"...and they are all so much the same.
I would go as far as to say at least half of them do not "walk in the Spirit" or know what it is to 'hear from God'...they think those of us who do, are nuts. There seem much head knowledge in the group we have now..and the 'heart-knowledge' group have become quiet.

I stick around because I believe there are always "times and seasons"...and at some time the Spirit will once more show Himself more strongly on this site again. :)

So no Scott...don't run...you are needed by the few of us. :D

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well cmon Scottie you are a virtual Nihilist, yes? Not that I don't understand where you're coming from here, but this is a forum and not irl. Meaning that appearances can be deceiving, and after all we are debating beliefs, for the most part anyway? Unfort I guess that is not true, and we quite often find ourselves attempting to debate Absolute Truths with an Oracle I guess. But even these are a window on the soul imo.

"Forum" had basically a completely diff meaning like only 20 years ago or so, yes? And those were decidedly diff anyway, not anonymous, requiring more circumspect replies. Otoh you most likely would have been rejected outright as a Christian once your beliefs were known, as would i in my present state. Don't you think?

So don't get me wrong, Good News Cafe' was pleasant enough and all--for like ten or fifteen minutes--but relinquishing the Hegelian dialectic we were all raised with--which is wadr what you are currently on about imo--is much harder than it seems I think. In the same manner that I have learned it is best (at least for the time being) to think of myself as a recovering Codependent, I am coming to think of myself as a recovering Hegelian.

Frankly I'm surprised that you mess with Christians too much lol, I get a sense of peace from you more akin to a Daoist or Buddhist, an eastern thinker iow. Meant as a compliment ok

Fwiw I certainly often share your perspective there, ok, but I am learning to take that as a personal sign. Imo this is a fab finishing school, I might even say unparalleled, and we should prolly be paying tuition!
I am not sure I know what a "Nihilist" is, so, No.

"attempting to debate Absolute Truths with an Oracle I guess" Yes indeed.

"Us rejected" Yes, true.

"compliment" Thank you!

"Imo this is a fab finishing school, I might even say unparalleled, and we should prolly be paying tuition!" LOL, yeah, I suppose.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha!! Love it!
I find I am posting less and less on here now.
There used to be a good group on here...but now...well, all this long list of "discussion subjects"...and they are all so much the same.
I would go as far as to say at least half of them do not "walk in the Spirit" or know what it is to 'hear from God'...they think those of us who do, are nuts. There seem much head knowledge in the group we have now..and the 'heart-knowledge' group have become quiet.

I stick around because I believe there are always "times and seasons"...and at some time the Spirit will once more show Himself more strongly on this site again. :)

So no Scott...don't run...you are needed by the few of us. :D
I guess the heart gets broken, while the mind simply gets bent :)

But you make a good point... It is human nature to have some leaning toward the rule and some to the spirit, and fewer to the spirit is normal and to be expected.

It really saddens me to think that so many don't at least have an understanding and an acceptance to the fact that God is spirit and so is the future, the only future. It's just mind boggling that we would even have to debate that point. It's as if 9 out of 10 so called Christians believe that God is a flesh and blood character who lives up the street, clay instead of the Potter. If that one point could universally be agreed upon, the world would be a different place - this forum would be a different place. We should all share in that outlook for the future - it is our hope, and without it none of the promises of God have fulfillment. It's hard to imagine that so many have not drawn that conclusion.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nonetheless, OMG,

As Christians we show our Love for Jesus by our obedience to his commands.

Please do not blaspheme. ( only the extreme ignorant think 'omg' is not oh my god' )

As for kooks, go to christian reddit forignorance, folk-christianity amd weirdness.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Please do not blaspheme. ( only the extreme ignorant think 'omg' is not oh my god' )

As for kooks, go to christian reddit forignorance, folk-christianity amd weirdness.
You error. It is not blaspheme to call upon God.

Reactions: amadeus

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree that the omg is not becoming for professing believers to use.

Reactions: Laish

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that the omg is not becoming for professing believers to use.
[To the chief Musician, Altaschith, Michtam of David; when Saul sent, and they watched the house to kill him.]
"Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me." Psalm 59:1

Reactions: Butterfly

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If any man kooky or otherwise are Yoked with the Lord Jesus Christ God Almighty....

I Trust, they have a prepared place in the Lords Kingdom.

God Bless you everyone, friends and enemies.
:)
Taken

Reactions: Enoch111

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, looks like you have another one to "include" yourself in, according to your false accusation above. :)
You are digging a deeper hole. Mine was an observation, in which I included myself. State of the church.

Reactions: Helen

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are digging a deeper hole. Mine was an observation, in which I included myself. State of the church.
Yes, you included yourself in the "we are a mix of genuine followers of Christ..."

Then you labeled others as "atheists coming to challenge unbelief against belief, as well as a host of twisted and disturbed individuals who have made a religion out of their own take on things, those grossly misunderstanding the truth of God and being blind to the spiritual truth hidden from the natural man, the there-is-an-'ism-for-everything crowd, or the copycat religious counterfeits hoping to make their mark."

More of you: "Some days I think, "Why bother?" Some days, I get sucked into throwing pearls to swine. Some days I am riding high on the spirit of God, cheering and wanting to throw flowers and kisses to our King for the great things He is doing.

Then I have to remember that these are the times foretold, times of falling away, times of the spirit of God being poured out upon all flesh - good and bad, a time of great tribulation, and a flood of fire from on high. So, I look and see a remnant, and thank God that all are not kooks, or blind, or demons, and know that the victory over such has already been won."

Thus your observation of yourself was nothing but positivity while condemning others in light of yourself; Luke 18:9-14 shines through.

Can you show me where you included yourself in a condemning manner? Can you show me where your accusation upon me was true?

I say all this due to the fact we should not think so highly of ourselves while condemning others.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way @ScottA, can you share your discovery of "an error in the history of the early Christian church?"

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you included yourself in the "we are a mix of genuine followers of Christ..."

Then you labeled others as "atheists coming to challenge unbelief against belief, as well as a host of twisted and disturbed individuals who have made a religion out of their own take on things, those grossly misunderstanding the truth of God and being blind to the spiritual truth hidden from the natural man, the there-is-an-'ism-for-everything crowd, or the copycat religious counterfeits hoping to make their mark."

More of you: "Some days I think, "Why bother?" Some days, I get sucked into throwing pearls to swine. Some days I am riding high on the spirit of God, cheering and wanting to throw flowers and kisses to our King for the great things He is doing.

Then I have to remember that these are the times foretold, times of falling away, times of the spirit of God being poured out upon all flesh - good and bad, a time of great tribulation, and a flood of fire from on high. So, I look and see a remnant, and thank God that all are not kooks, or blind, or demons, and know that the victory over such has already been won."

Thus your observation of yourself was nothing but positivity while condemning others in light of yourself; Luke 18:9-14 shines through.

Can you show me where you included yourself in a condemning manner? Can you show me where your accusation upon me was true?

I say all this due to the fact we should not think so highly of ourselves while condemning others.
You accuse me, judge me, by taking what "I" said as pertaining to me how you see it, rather than the way I said it. That much is not about me, but about you.

So defensive. Must be a reason.