Christian Liberty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:1-13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

This one of the greatest chapters on Christian Liberty.

It is amazing that with the already acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ and the foundation that was laid now we press on being persuaded in ones own mind what we will do with our lives now.

Now these scriptures above are very interesting and if you see something that stands out or your curious to know more about point it out and ask a question if you would like to…

There is something that is noted here it is a type and picture of the Jew and Gentile, and how we are not to judge someone else if they wanna hold to a sabbath day, or they wanna watch what they eat according to foods they can or can not have.

Amazing profound chapter.

God bless you,
Take care,
Matthew G.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.

Many people may not believe this, but I believe that this has to do with the White throne Judgement they would go forth to see, in Revelation 20

Rev 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

With that a notion could be made that still we are not to judge other people whom are professing Christians, who may have differing views and understandings.

For it says in Romans 14:

Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls.

Who are we to judge others? Are we not subject to our Master - God ?

In this life we will all live it, and make our own choices, and it is for us to allow for the Love of God, First. Always loving God first.

Loving other comes after. And love for yourself (being good to yourself) - if one is not good to their self they will show a bad reflect off towards other that may come of as being judgemental, mean, condemning.

I believe as Christians we should put off the works of darkness and put on Christ.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.

Many people may not believe this, but I believe that this has to do with the White throne Judgement they would go forth to see, in Revelation 20

Rev 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

With that a notion could be made that still we are not to judge other people whom are professing Christians, who may have differing views and understandings.

For it says in Romans 14:

Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls.

Who are we to judge others? Are we not subject to our Master - God ?

In this life we will all live it, and make our own choices, and it is for us to allow for the Love of God, First. Always loving God first.

Loving other comes after. And love for yourself (being good to yourself) - if one is not good to their self they will show a bad reflect off towards other that may come of as being judgemental, mean, condemning.

I believe as Christians we should put off the works of darkness and put on Christ.

It is the kind of judgment sir. We know our brothers and sisters by their fruits, Jesus said that, yes a judgment. We are keenly aware of those who are not actually Christians, on the same token. In reality it is a different kind of judging.