Christian mediation on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and His virtues!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian mediation on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and His virtues!

Mostly his bloody passion, and sufferings!

Psalm 119:148
Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

Gal 3:1
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Meditate) (mental prayer)

The Agony in the Garden:

Christ prays: Christians must pray!
Jesus Christ takes all sin upon Himself and shed His blood!
Jesus is betrayed, bound, and brutally taken prisoner!
(Caused by all my sins)

The scourging at the Pillar:
(Caused by my sins of sensuality and impurity)

The crowning with Thorns:
(Caused by my sins of pride and impure thoughts)

The carrying of the Cross:
(Caused by my stubborn refusal to live for God, to love and serve God)

How can you deny yourself and carry your cross unless you meditate on the virtues of Christ carrying His cross?

Matt 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

The crucifixion of Christ:
Agony of His garments stripped from His wounds, opening the wounds with fresh blood, and then being crucified for the sins of all mankind!

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Meditation on the passion of Christ bears Fruits of repentance and love of Christ crucified who loved us and suffered for our eternal salvation!

Christians called to suffer:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Passion scriptures:
Isa 53
Matt 27
Mark 15
Luke 23
John 19

To be worthy of Christ we must conform to Christ, to His life and virtues!

To do so we must meditate on His life , death, and resurrection!