Christian Music

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kernelspy

Feb 24, 2008
Anybody here into Christian Music? Like Parachute Band , Hillsong (United) and the likes? Let's discuss about gears, guitars and the songs you play in your Church service.I just bought a Vox Pathfinder 15R the other day for our small Bible study group and I was really amazed with the clean sound! Even the Boost function is really rockin! Definitely a keeper and bang for the buck! God Bless!

Reactions: Mayflower

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
I like the song You are Holy (Prince of Peace) I can play it on guitar.

kernelspy

Feb 24, 2008
(Mikey;38241)
I like the song You are Holy (Prince of Peace) I can play it on guitar.
Nice! Another Christian Guitar player! :blessyou:

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Well I can't play but christian music is all I listen to. My favorite christian bands (mostly rock) would have to be: Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, Casting Crowns, Kutless, Stellar Kart, Jeremy Camp, etc. The list goes on and on for awhile!

kernelspy

Feb 24, 2008
Well, even if we can't play any instrument... as long as we are listening to good Christian music (rock)... it's cool! Hey Wakka, good for you!! I wonder why there are so many Atheist in your class.

G

Godrocks

As long as you understand Christain rock is different from the Rock that everyone else in the world knows... Go for it!Music is such a beautiful emotion that one can fill with many different types/genres... Pity that some of you guys boycott all genres except your own christian rock... As long as you all go home to a roof over your head, i'm sure you couldn't care bout anything else, because all your lives are so 'fantastic' with 'god' by your side! As long as god is be side you and not behind you, where he could take advantage!

Reactions: theeblackestblu

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kernelspy;38281)
Well, even if we can't play any instrument... as long as we are listening to good Christian music (rock)... it's cool! Hey Wakka, good for you!! I wonder why there are so many Atheist in your class.
(Godrocks;38329)
As long as you understand Christain rock is different from the Rock that everyone else in the world knows... Go for it!Music is such a beautiful emotion that one can fill with many different types/genres... Pity that some of you guys boycott all genres except your own christian rock...As long as you all go home to a roof over your head, i'm sure you couldn't care bout anything else, because all your lives are so 'fantastic' with 'god' by your side! As long as god is be side you and not behind you, where he could take advantage!
Uh... I hate ALL forms of rock music. Christian music should never play the world tunes as God will never disguise Himself as darkness, but the Devil will disguise himself as an angel of light. (II Corinthians 11:4)I rather listen to melodies as God prefer it...P.S. I don't play any instruments, because I don't even play.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
I like older Christian songs too. A lot of "Christian rock" is more rock than Christian I notice. I don't think it is not the sound of music God doesn't like. It's the motives behind it and the lyrics. If the lyrics praise Him it is good. If they are making music for Gods glory and none of their own, it is good. Man sees the action God sees the motive.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Godrocks;38329)
As long as you understand Christain rock is different from the Rock that everyone else in the world knows... Go for it!Music is such a beautiful emotion that one can fill with many different types/genres... Pity that some of you guys boycott all genres except your own christian rock... As long as you all go home to a roof over your head, i'm sure you couldn't care bout anything else, because all your lives are so 'fantastic' with 'god' by your side! As long as god is be side you and not behind you, where he could take advantage!
Uh, you're kidding right??I listen to Christian worship music. Jag prefers instrumental/hymn, so I do. But I also like straight up worship music, doesn't matter what genre it is.

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
The only genera of "Christian" music I don't like is "Christian death metal or black metal" It seems like a contradiction in itself. I have read the lyrics to some songs and some bands are actually biblically correct and talk about Jesus' sacrifice and honouring God. But when you scream stuff like that it kinds looses it for me. Maybe only cause I use to listen to a lot of satanic black metal stuff when I was younger.

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
I find worship music really helps you keep foused on God. It's so easy to get music stuck in my head I use it to my advantage!
biggrin.gif

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
I used to listen to music for me- like Journey or Elton John- but now I listen like to listen to music for God- so it's like a whole new way of listening to music, and I'm not concerned with how good a song is, as far as music critics are concerned, but what it's saying and who it is praising (the musician or God?) Sometimes I still listen to Elton John, but I change the words to praise God. lol... I think a lot of music is okay... even music outside of "Christian" music- but it's the manner and your attitude in listening... the world is no longer here to entertain me or make me happy, like I used to think, but now it is God's world and everything should be done to please Him! Oh, how that makes me filled with joy to say that! I love to please the Father! But of course there is some stuff that I won't listen to at all because I can't get past the words and... it's really interesting how often the lyrics of songs show the very heart of the singer! Jesus told us that you will know a person by what comes out of their mouth and boy does it show sometimes! I mean, I used to listen to Eminem.... and I can't do it anymore because the lyrics go against God so much that it fills me with sadness. I imagine how much more it must make sadden God to see His creation sing about pain and loss and despair when God has already made a way for us to be saved from all of that!Anyway, I play the piano and I like to sing. If I ever get married, I would kind of like to marry a worship pastor... lol... but of course I want to do what God wants more than my own wants so who knows!

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
Where's a good place to find a list of Christian artist. I don't like just one type of music. I do like rap and found a few "holy hip-hop" artist that were ok. Unfortunately just like most the Christian Rock that I've heard their not that great. The messages are great but the beats and rifts are not all that. Can someone suggest some good artist from all the different genres?

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Mikey;38712)
The only genera of "Christian" music I don't like is "Christian death metal or black metal" It seems like a contradiction in itself. I have read the lyrics to some songs and some bands are actually biblically correct and talk about Jesus' sacrifice and honouring God. But when you scream stuff like that it kinds looses it for me. Maybe only cause I use to listen to a lot of satanic black metal stuff when I was younger.
I think they call this stuff Un-Death metal or white metal. I've seen some of these Christian bands on Myspace. I have to admit, this is not my kind of music (I prefer metal with singing, with the occasional scream XD). They do sound the same as death metal bands -- you know the "GAAR GAARR GAAAR GAAAAAAARRRRRR YOURRR YOURRO YOURR YORR!!!!!!"One of the band members (can't remember her name), said it is not supposed to make sense, or be intelligible. Its supposed to be fun (which I also don't fully understand). But hey, God is their master. Who am I to say their ministry is worthless?

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
I listen to the local Christian station occasionally, but to be honest most the time I find the songs to be endlessly repetitive, virtually content-less, and just plain boring! I do appreciate a lof of the songs by Chris Tomlin, Casting Crowns and the like. As for worship music, I have to be honest and say I love the old hymns. Some of them are dull and slow and awful, but a lot of them are so rich with meaning and depth, praising God with so much more depth than "You are Good, You are Holy" repeated 25 billion times over. My genre of choice is country. Some of the songs I have to turn off, but the vast majority is, in my opinion, wholesome, family friendly (and family promoting), and God honoring.