Christian news items

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have a noteworthy Christian news item... Pro or con?

Saw this annoying story on BCN, breaking Christian news.

City officials in Kitchener, Ontario, are being criticized after they ordered the microphone shut off at a Christmas festival when a grandmother began reciting the Christmas story from Matthew 1.

City Turned off Grandma’s Mic When She Read Christmas Story at Christmas Festival

Can you fight city hall? I think so. Would a Muslim program have been shut down? One on transgenderism?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

City officials in Kitchener, Ontario, are being criticized after they ordered the microphone shut off at a Christmas festival when a grandmother began reciting the Christmas story from Matthew 1.

City Turned off Grandma’s Mic When She Read Christmas Story at Christmas Festival

I just read it. Yes indeed it is coming, and coming quickly.
I wonder if we have taken full advantage of freedom that we have experienced. Probably not. We don't appreciate how thankful we should be about something, until that something is taken away.

I hope this thread " takes off " Frank.
I will keep my eye on this space. Well done bro.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just read it. Yes indeed it is coming, and coming quickly.
I wonder if we have taken full advantage of freedom that we have experienced. Probably not. We don't appreciate how thankful we should be about something, until that something is taken away.

I hope this thread " takes off " Frank.
I will keep my eye on this space. Well done bro.

Watched an old movie tonight about life in England during WWII. How little I appreciate what I have every day!

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder if we have taken full advantage of freedom that we have experienced.
Taking full advantage of the freedoms that we do have sometimes means holding government officials accountable, and taking them to court for violating those freedoms. I am still waiting to see who will take Justin Trudeau to task for all the damage he is doing to freedoms in Canada. He should have been removed from office almost immediately. These Kitchener city officials should also be taken to task, and removed from office.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might seem unrelated, but I have been watching the news tonight about the prison sentence that's been handed out to Michael Cohen, and how new developments related to it may lead to Trump some day publicly proclaiming Christ to be his Savior, as was prophesied concerning him in connection with the prophesies about him becoming President: Namely, I mean they are now talking about indicting his children, because the Trump family members alone have been the ones writing the checks in his organization, and thus they would have been the ones reimbursing Cohen for the criminal activities he supposedly engaged in in paying out money to silence women Trump had affairs with so it wouldn't effect the election.

If they indict Trump's children, this may effect him like nothing in his life ever has before, and it may bring him to his knees. All his money will no longer be able to protect those he loves most... It might be under heart-wrenching circumstances, but it would be nice to see a sitting President or even a former President of the United States publicly proclaim faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, genuinely. Not since the early days of this nation has it happened, at least not genuinely in my opinion.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am staggered when I compare news of today with news of half a century ago.

Things taken for granted by the general populace now were grounds for imprisonment then.

Watching the downward spiral of America and other lands is terrible. Truly the Lord God is our only rock and anchor.

As a young man I recall when one murder a year in the city of Little Rock was huge news. Now it's double digits in the first several months.

But where sin abounds grace does much more abound. Many will become sickened by the state of decay and search for Jesus with all their hearts.

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am staggered when I compare news of today with news of half a century ago.

Things taken for granted by the general populace now were grounds for imprisonment then.

Watching the downward spiral of America and other lands is terrible. Truly the Lord God is our only rock and anchor.

As a young man I recall when one murder a year in the city of Little Rock was huge news. Now it's double digits in the first several months.

But where sin abounds grace does much more abound. Many will become sickened by the state of decay and search for Jesus with all their hearts.

Though this outward world is perishing there is a vast and glorious kingdom waiting in the wings... to be continued. :)

<><

Reactions: Helen and Acolyte
D

Dave L

Can you fight city hall? I think so. Would a Muslim program have been shut down? One on transgenderism?
I can view this as alarming in one sense, but also view it as a sign for Jesus' soon return when he asks:

“I say to you, that He will execute the justice to them quickly; but the Son of Man having come, shall he find the faith upon the earth?’” (Luke 18:8) (YLT)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. It gets harder and harder to
watch this unfolding.. I know it is our Father's will, I can only find peace knowing He will
never leave me.

Church of England Invents Liturgical Ceremony To Affirm Transgenders' New Names, Sexes

I find that almost difficult to believe... I suppose their position is that if a person who had already become transgender then came to faith in Christ, they should not be rejected, although the language of the document doesn't seem to specify this. In fact, article 2 (if these statement are genuine), seems to say that their original baptism (if they were already a Christian before undergoing an operation) should be reaffirmed to recognize their new gender transition. :confused: What a mess... I would think they if one was created as a man and baptized as a man, then the symbolism of being resurrected unto newness of life as a man should be maintained. What a total mess...

2. If a transgender person is not already baptized, then baptism itself would be the natural liturgical context for recognizing and celebrating their identity in Christ and God’s love for them. Where such a person has already been baptized, the House of Bishops commends the rite of Affirmation of Baptismal Faith as the central feature of any service to recognize liturgically a person’s gender transition. 1 Where rubrics within that Rite allow, the House encourages ministers to respond to such requests in a creative and sensitive way. The Rite of Affirmation includes the opportunity for the candidate to renew the commitments made in baptism and for the congregation to respond. The emphasis is placed not on the past or future of the candidate alone, but on their faith in Jesus Christ. The Affirmation therefore gives priority to the original and authentic baptism of the individual as the sacramental beginning of the Christian life, allowing someone who has undergone a serious and lasting change to re-dedicate their life and identity to Christ. The image of God, in which we are all made, transcends gender, race, and any other characteristic. Our shared identity as followers of Jesus is the unity which makes all one in Christ (Galatians 3.27–28).

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's up doc? If you say you are saved then swap gender horses (we know you can't do that don't we) then there is noway you were ever saved. Saved Samsons don't decide to become Delilahs.

If you are placed in a washing machine filled with Holy water it won't make a bit of difference.

ANYONE that believes they can change what God created into something else has far greater problems than baptism.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 KJVS
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it , that men should fear before him.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's up doc? If you say you are saved then swap gender horses (we know you can't do that don't we) then there is noway you were ever saved. Saved Samsons don't decide to become Delilahs.

LoL!
ANYONE that believes they can change what God created into something else has far greater problems than baptism.

Ha! I would think so, yes. Can you image that mess in Heaven? There would have be two books on the guy: When he was "George," and then everything he did in Christ after he became "Georgina."

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Apparently baby Jesus gets around quite a lot in that region. They stole Him a few years ago as well:
"We're told this same thing happened two years ago but they were able to recover the baby Jesus."

Maybe it's one of those infertile women that secretly covets other people's babies, and the temptation is more than she can withstand.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently baby Jesus gets around quite a lot in that region. They stole Him a few years ago as well:
"We're told this same thing happened two years ago but they were able to recover the baby Jesus."

Maybe it's one of those infertile women that secretly covets other people's babies, and the temptation is more than she can withstand.

They don't take to Jesus well after he grew up.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Delilah dear you have a 5 o'clock shadow!

There's a solution for every problem.

7.jpg

Reactions: Frank Lee