Christian persecution in China

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

I use to support ' Open Doors ' - a ministry that went into China - something must have changed at some point because I notice that some churches were destroyed- pretty sure that year ago most Christians had to meet in secret ( unless it was different in the more built up areas ) I wasn't aware that churches existed in many provinces.
Have you ever read about Brother Yen - he has written amazing testimonies and actually travels the western world now preaching. He is an inspiration.
Also ' Lillies amongst the thorns ' - what our brothers and sisters go through out there is unbelievable - and yet, their faiths and spiritual experiences are just amazing.
Rita

Reactions: Taken and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My nephew has been in China for 28 years..went out as a teacher of English and had home bible studies and 'mens meetings'.
He married a Chinese girl..they had two kids ..teenagers now.

The last three years the 'handwriting has been on the wall'.
Then 18 months ago the government banned open prayer for the teachers before school started. ( He was teaching in a Christian school the last 4 years)

Slowly his Western pastor friends started being hassled. The last spring two couples , friends of his were 'knocked up' gestapo style in the night, and taken to the airpot!! No time to pack or tell anyone...
So after much prayer, my nephew , wife and kids sold, their stuff and gave away stuff , and got out without incident. ( back to England)
Just in time..he heard through the grape vine how much worse it has got.. for westerners, and then they started on the nationals too...the clock has gone back 70 years now!!! :(
God help, bless and protect our christian brothers there.

We heard that it is happening the same in Russia too..(Again ) ✟

Reactions: amadeus and Taken
B

Butterfly

Yes, they fear the growth of Christianity -so it did get a bit easier for awhile then, all I heard all those years ago was about the persecutions and constant restrictions. Is it linked to different people coming into power over there?
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, they fear the growth of Christianity -so it did get a bit easier for awhile then, all I heard all those years ago was about the persecutions and constant restrictions. Is it linked to different people coming into power over there?
Rita
I have been reading about some of the background to Chinese nationalism, and about how the at times morally dubious European settlements in Shanghai seem to have been perceived by many Chinese people as having been repulsive, exploitative pimps.

The reaction that the experience of the Shanghai settlements provoked maybe goes some way to explaining the anti-Western tenor of a lot of the discourse of Chinese officialdom.