Christian Quotes.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
humility-is-not-thinking-less-of-yourself-cs-lewis-quote.jpg

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A student asked renowned theologian Karl Barth if he could summarize his whole life’s work in theology in a sentence. Barth allegedly said, “Yes, I can. In the words of a song I learned at my mother’s knee: ‘Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.’”
I remember a story..many years ago.
---
There was a conference for 'theological/biblical/historical' discussions.
- Attendees/participants..from around the world
---
Someone who was there..said,
"The best part/moment of the conference was..
when a group of children came & sang a song,
'Jesus Loves Me, This I Know'.."

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I remember a story..many years ago.
---
There was a conference for 'theological/biblical/historical' discussions.
- Attendees/participants..from around the world
---
Someone who was there..said,
"The best part/moment of the conference was..
when a group of children came & sang a song,
'Jesus Loves Me, This I Know'.."
@Pathfinder7 Theorizing can be good - if consistently Biblical - but in the end faith is all about one personal transformation through a knowledge of the Person and work of Christ...

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

'Don't talk damned nonsense.’ - C.S. Lewis​

Uhh, maybe I better put it in Lewis's context:

“If you do not take the distinction between good and bad very seriously, then it is easy to say that anything you find in this world is a part of God. But, of course, if you think some things really bad, and God really good, then you cannot talk like that. You must believe that God is separate from the world and that some of the things we see in it are contrary to His will. Confronted with a cancer or a slum the Pantheist can say, 'If you could only see it from the divine point of view, you would realize that this also is God.' The Christian replies, 'Don't talk damned nonsense.’” - C.S. Lewis

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower As per Isaiah 48.10, the Lord sometimes does not get rid of the pain and the affliction but indeed strengthens us in it instead...(re. the 'furnace of affliction')...

Ill have to think about that a little bit, Farouk. I know God doesn't afflict pain on believers. But He does work things together for the good for us and strengthens us in these times.