Christian vs Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Christian vs Christian

I personally find it very rewarding to meet another Christian who loves Jesus with all their heart.
Actually, though,..they are few and far between.
And thanks to all the hundreds of religions...people can pretty much pick one to fit their lifestyle.
If you are a little strange to begin with............then a strange religion will be your choice....
Don't get me wrong......we all be a little strange :) Especially me ;)

Even the word Christian has been watered down for many many many years....thus....this time we live in is the account of over watering. The differences I see between Christians....should not be there.

If we be in one accord with Christ........there would be no disagreements. On anything.....not one.
I appreciate everyone here..........and for this reason.............you're not at the bars, you're not shootin up and you wouldn't be in here if didn't love God.

I see many more views of posts than posts.............everyone should have something to say about their Savior.
I myself along with others can't shut up about Christ............why?..........because we have been saved. We have been forgiven.

You don't have to rely on the scriptures.............what I mean by this is......if one reads the scriptures and does not act on those scriptures, even what they read still stands true...........but they haven't manifested into ones life.

I'm a fanatic about James 4:8........draw closer.........the closer you draw the closer God will draw to you.
Pretty soon...you are face to face with your creator.....and I mean that literally. And at that time........the scriptures truly come alive............now they have true meaning.........now they have true substance....and what happens next?
You know the scriptures as they were attended for you to know......no more guessing...no more thinking, no more
interpreting.
Once that takes place...............you can only agree.....Jesus knew John in the womb.....John knew Jesus in the womb.

You can meet Jesus personally.........no I mean meet Him personally.....but many never go that far with God....they have sunk as far as the quick sand will let them..............but they don't even at that stage try to climb out.

How many men/women do you know...or take yourself for that matter...........have put themselves in a room, mountain top, old church or just sit in your automobile in some secluded place and not leave until they heard from God? And I mean not leave until you hear from Jesus or die.
Well.....................I know many............and everytime.....every single time........they come out screaming how Jesus came to them. Atheist's, witches, warlocks, criminals and just plain old people.

And ya know what.....................none........none.............and I mean none.......came away after that experience engulfing a strange religion.
Jesus hates religion............He just wants a one on one with YOU!

Matthew 7:15-20
New King James Version (NKJV)

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Take this scripture for instance...........I'm sure the apple would agree with apple of the same tree.

Thank you for all the fisherman in here.................you have the best fishing hole and you want to share it.....why? so you can see the joy on their faces as yours still shows.

The greatest miracle today still stands at #1..............a man/women/child giving their lives to Christ.

JAMES 4:8 Don't Be Late :)

B

brakelite

Hi Randor. God is great!!! What is so cool ia that as we daw nigh to God, those we love are drawn nigh to Him also. It operates like a triangle. We are connected to one another along the base of the triangle. As one approaches God, the others along the base are raised up also through our connection with them. Now that doesn't mean they are saved, but it certainly means that as we draw closer to the Lord and come to Him, others are positively influenced by our lead and are given greater opportunities, more enlightened insight into truth, more grace as a result of our faithfulness.

I appreciate the forum admins here in the initial leniency in allowing such as Pelaides to spend time in debate and discussion before they demonstrate obstinate hardheartedness in refusing to see Light. Many forums have no patience and allow no interaction whatsoever. Hammerstone and the other admins here are showing a healthy confidence and faith in their members here to keep level headed in their dealings with such, and are giving everyone ample opportunity to minister and be ministered to not often seen elsewhere. Those unitarians etc leave here with no excuse. The time does come nevertheless when such need to be kicked....eventually they become very tedious, going over the same ground repeatedly becomes frustrating and pointless.

All that said...I am not sure what any of that has to with your title "Christian v Christian". Do you have something further in mind along that score? I am reminded of Cain and Abel. Two brothers who fought essentially over worship. I am convinced that that episode is a type of what true believers are going to face in time to come. Christian 'brothers' who will want our heads because we choose to worship in Spirit and in Truth, and in accordance with the commandments of God as opposed to the precepts of men. Revelation 13 is all about that.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
brakelite said:
Hi Randor. God is great!!! What is so cool ia that as we daw nigh to God, those we love are drawn nigh to Him also. It operates like a triangle. We are connected to one another along the base of the triangle. As one approaches God, the others along the base are raised up also through our connection with them. Now that doesn't mean they are saved, but it certainly means that as we draw closer to the Lord and come to Him, others are positively influenced by our lead and are given greater opportunities, more enlightened insight into truth, more grace as a result of our faithfulness.

I appreciate the forum admins here in the initial leniency in allowing such as Pelaides to spend time in debate and discussion before they demonstrate obstinate hardheartedness in refusing to see Light. Many forums have no patience and allow no interaction whatsoever. Hammerstone and the other admins here are showing a healthy confidence and faith in their members here to keep level headed in their dealings with such, and are giving everyone ample opportunity to minister and be ministered to not often seen elsewhere. Those unitarians etc leave here with no excuse. The time does come nevertheless when such need to be kicked....eventually they become very tedious, going over the same ground repeatedly becomes frustrating and pointless.

All that said...I am not sure what any of that has to with your title "Christian v Christian". Do you have something further in mind along that score? I am reminded of Cain and Abel. Two brothers who fought essentially over worship. I am convinced that that episode is a type of what true believers are going to face in time to come. Christian 'brothers' who will want our heads because we choose to worship in Spirit and in Truth, and in accordance with the commandments of God as opposed to the precepts of men. Revelation 13 is all about that.
brakelite....enjoyed your response............I guess what I was trying to get at is............jw's believe they are Christians, unitarians....etc to infinity.

So........they are wrong we are right...we are wrong they are right...........

God's word was never made to be distorted..............but again we have an adversary..........who feeds on the weak...........

In satans world.................you can be a Christian all day long....................but what ever you do...........never come to meet Him.

So that's why we are seeing......many so called Christians.....................saying you and I are wrong.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAD.......TOTALY SAD..................I'm a advocate on.........you don't need to be taught Jesus you need to be shown Jesus...Introduced to Him....all the learning will come afterward..........and the correct teacher will be doin the teaching......not man.

So now.................we have Christian vs Christian................will the real Christian please stand.

THAT WOULD BE YOU.........THAT WOULD BE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
1 Corinthians 1:17
[SIZE=.75em]"17 [/SIZE]For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."

The gospel is simple, and you don't need the entire bible to know it. Our walks come from different origins and Jesus meets us each in different ways and sets us on the right path. I for one was convicted of my sins by the Holy Spirit at a young age and was saved. I had strayed slightly from the path and in my dissatisfaction knew an all or nothing wager was the only option, That is when Jesus showed me his power, and my eyes were opened to both the scriptures and what God had done in my life previously and I had been unaware.

Give your life to Jesus, let him open your eyes to see the power of God that is already working for you, Then you may ask for his wisdom and receive it, and the eloquence that comes from God's wisdom will be with you also. I love and cling to the Truth, so I rely heavily on the scriptures.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
lforrest said:
1 Corinthians 1:17
[SIZE=.75em]"17 [/SIZE]For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."

The gospel is simple, and you don't need the entire bible to know it. Our walks come from different origins and Jesus meets us each in different ways and sets us on the right path. I for one was convicted of my sins by the Holy Spirit at a young age and was saved. I had strayed slightly from the path and in my dissatisfaction knew an all or nothing wager was the only option, That is when Jesus showed me his power, and my eyes were opened to both the scriptures and what God had done in my life previously and I had been unaware.

Give your life to Jesus, let him open your eyes to see the power of God that is already working for you, Then you may ask for his wisdom and receive it, and the eloquence that comes from God's wisdom will be with you also. I love and cling to the Truth, so I rely heavily on the scriptures
Exactly Forrest....................now don't get me wrong here............let me just say this..............I don't have to read one scripture even though I have plenty memorized. I know the author.....................and so do you. I live with the author.................and so do you.............I love the author........and so do you :)

So if we know the author...............we know His word...............that's why Jesus spoke parables.

I read in here countless discussions on why did Jesus spoke in parables............scripture after scripture after scripture....each one arguing....or debating..........when it means nothing..................what it means is Jesus spoke in parables.............satan wants the people to get all caught up into the scriptures.......................why do you think we have so many religions?................yes, they are getting all caught up into the scriptures.......

It's like I know htis better than you...no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this better than you............................
And neither of them have never met Christ..................talk talk talk talk talk.....................no action :)

Sorry dude.......didn't mean to ramble on.............................:(

B

brakelite

Randor, I see where you are coming from but would like to offer a word or two of caution. Yes, knowing Jesus and His Father is absolutely essential for eternal life.

John17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

However, God desires we base our faith on something more tangible that our emotional experience with Him...He would have it that we base our faith on His word. It is far more essential we believe in what He says, than in our experiential relationship. It is our confidence in what He says that leads us to a firm relationship. I take the incident of the two disciples on the road to Emmaus on resurrection day as a prime example of this precept. Jesus could have said to them, "Hey dudes, it's Me!!! I'm alive!!! Go to the others and tell them you had a chat with Me down the road". If Jesus had done this, their entire future faith and life would have been based on their encounter with Jesus, rather than on the Bible study He gave them that proved beyond a shadow of doubt that Jesus was indeed the Messiah, and that His death and resurrection were neccesary according to the scriptures. Later, the apostle Paul could have based his encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus as the basis for his faith and life, but read his letters and it soon becomes apparent that his faith is based on Jesus' fulfilment of OT prophecy and OT scripture.

Your Christian v Christian motif challenges us to find truth. Doctrine matters. We cannot prove to others that our perpsective of truth is valid except we base our beliefs solely on the word. Everyone claims to know Christ. What sets the true followers of Christ from the false is the Word.

"To the law and the testimony. If they speak not according to this word, there is no lioght in them". Isaiah 8:20

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
brakelite said:
Randor, I see where you are coming from but would like to offer a word or two of caution. Yes, knowing Jesus and His Father is absolutely essential for eternal life.

John17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

However, God desires we base our faith on something more tangible that our emotional experience with Him...He would have it that we base our faith on His word. It is far more essential we believe in what He says, than in our experiential relationship. It is our confidence in what He says that leads us to a firm relationship. I take the incident of the two disciples on the road to Emmaus on resurrection day as a prime example of this precept. Jesus could have said to them, "Hey dudes, it's Me!!! I'm alive!!! Go to the others and tell them you had a chat with Me down the road". If Jesus had done this, their entire future faith and life would have been based on their encounter with Jesus, rather than on the Bible study He gave them that proved beyond a shadow of doubt that Jesus was indeed the Messiah, and that His death and resurrection were neccesary according to the scriptures. Later, the apostle Paul could have based his encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus as the basis for his faith and life, but read his letters and it soon becomes apparent that his faith is based on Jesus' fulfilment of OT prophecy and OT scripture.

Your Christian v Christian motif challenges us to find truth. Doctrine matters. We cannot prove to others that our perpsective of truth is valid except we base our beliefs solely on the word. Everyone claims to know Christ. What sets the true followers of Christ from the false is the Word.

"To the law and the testimony. If they speak not according to this word, there is no lioght in them". Isaiah 8:20
Hi Brake; whilst I agree with your sentiments, over time I have become more accepting of the multitude of differences that exist in people in their experience of Christ and the Holy Spirit.
He reaches people the way only He knows best; as only He knows the heart; and the hurts and sins of the person (nature and nurture)!
My own approach with people has changed over time, as I have seen the impossible become possible, by dint of the will of the person; and the sometimes slow action of the Holy spirit.
On the other side of the coin; there are some remarkably fast conversions; very often with great exuberance, perhaps like Randor!
What is my own guiding criterion with a situation and person, is "do they accept the Godhead in Christ" ; if not, and they fight to hold that position, then it's no holds barred (Scripture and Spiritually speaking); as that is Satan's warfront position in this Age!
Regards Floyd.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Brakelite & Floyd....both of those responses were fanastico. Yes............scripture is where it is at......of course.....and I'm in it everyday & night.

But..................and there is a big but here................the majority are not saved by scripture....remember, it took that Damascus experience for Paul to get it together first and so on and so on.

Yes, we introduce Jesus with His word.......some all they have to do is pick up the word....and WaaLaaaaaa they get it. But the majority must be shown.

Gosh I'm not talking about reading words...........I understand the word is life......I'm actually wanting people to meet Christ.....or let me put it this way....
Have a Jesus experience a real tangible experience...where there is no doubt there is a God.....like quik dry concrete.

Jesus came to them in their time of need....bypassing bad ground or good ground.....instantly sealed and incased in steel where the adversary didn't even have a chance to snatch it away.

I guess I've delt with to many jw's I suppose............and scripture sparring is a total waste of time..................they already know the scriptures.....by memory of satan's enticements.

But they lack a testimony.................

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
RANDOR said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Brakelite & Floyd....both of those responses were fanastico. Yes............scripture is where it is at......of course.....and I'm in it everyday & night.

But..................and there is a big but here................the majority are not saved by scripture....remember, it took that Damascus experience for Paul to get it together first and so on and so on.

Yes, we introduce Jesus with His word.......some all they have to do is pick up the word....and WaaLaaaaaa they get it. But the majority must be shown.

Gosh I'm not talking about reading words...........I understand the word is life......I'm actually wanting people to meet Christ.....or let me put it this way....
Have a Jesus experience a real tangible experience...where there is no doubt there is a God.....like quik dry concrete.

Jesus came to them in their time of need....bypassing bad ground or good ground.....instantly sealed and incased in steel where the adversary didn't even have a chance to snatch it away.

I guess I've delt with to many jw's I suppose............and scripture sparring is a total waste of time..................they already know the scriptures.....by memory of satan's enticements.

But they lack a testimony.................

However; at some stage, the Word must come on the scene, and is the only way to gain knowledge and Wisdom (Proverbs)
Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
RANDOR said:
Christian vs Christian

I personally find it very rewarding to meet another Christian who loves Jesus with all their heart.
Actually, though,..they are few and far between.
And thanks to all the hundreds of religions...people can pretty much pick one to fit their lifestyle.
If you are a little strange to begin with............then a strange religion will be your choice....
Don't get me wrong......we all be a little strange :) Especially me ;)

Just a little!!! c'mon dude is the pope a little Catholic? :p

Even the word Christian has been watered down for many many many years....thus....this time we live in is the account of over watering. The differences I see between Christians....should not be there.

If we be in one accord with Christ........there would be no disagreements. On anything.....not one.
I appreciate everyone here..........and for this reason.............you're not at the bars, you're not shootin up and you wouldn't be in here if didn't love God.

Sorry bud I think what you need to remember is that there is contention in different areas of theology. all worth while discussions and intriguing for those who love to study.

I see many more views of posts than posts.............everyone should have something to say about their Savior.
I myself along with others can't shut up about Christ............why?..........because we have been saved. We have been forgiven.
You don't have to rely on the scriptures.............what I mean by this is......if one reads the scriptures and does not act on those scriptures, even what they read still stands true...........but they haven't manifested into ones life.

Yes this is right you can tell straight away if a person is truly in Christ by the way they present themselves, it doesnt take long to see how false doctrine over shadows reason. you can point to the nose on their face but unless they look in a mirror they will deny that its there.

I'm a fanatic about James 4:8........draw closer.........the closer you draw the closer God will draw to you.
Pretty soon...you are face to face with your creator.....and I mean that literally. And at that time........the scriptures truly come alive............now they have true meaning.........now they have true substance....and what happens next?
You know the scriptures as they were attended for you to know......no more guessing...no more thinking, no more
interpreting.
Once that takes place...............you can only agree.....Jesus knew John in the womb.....John knew Jesus in the womb.

Yes this is true, but we should always be looking into the Word. God will never finish showing us more and more. Every time I re-read a scripture God shows me something new, something I didnt notice before and it doesnt matter how many times I read it there is always a new insight, it amazing like finding buried treasure, to many of us this is our time with God, we meet him in the pages of our Bibles.

I myself am very basic compared to a lot of the heavy weights on this site, but that doesnt stop God from encouraging me to go deeper and deeper every day. Im certainly no intellectual, Im a 287lb powerlifting security guard who dropped out of school when I was 15. Im as thick as two short planks. But amazingly when I read and study the Word, God gives me a Spirit of knowledge and He tells me Im not dumb and He shows me He loves me and wants me to know him.
So Studying and interpreting scripture is incredibly important to me I cannot emphasize that enough. When im studying Im not the old me Im something better, I have insight I have no idea where it comes from, when I pray scriptures come to mind as God communicates with me. Today I found out that I somehow miraculously passed my last Theology assignment and now I have a diploma in Theology, me of all people I can hardly believe it!!
Man I could go on about this for pages, I love Jesus!!!

You can meet Jesus personally.........no I mean meet Him personally.....but many never go that far with God....they have sunk as far as the quick sand will let them..............but they don't even at that stage try to climb out.

How many men/women do you know...or take yourself for that matter...........have put themselves in a room, mountain top, old church or just sit in your automobile in some secluded place and not leave until they heard from God? And I mean not leave until you hear from Jesus or die.
Well.....................I know many............and everytime.....every single time........they come out screaming how Jesus came to them. Atheist's, witches, warlocks, criminals and just plain old people.

Warlocks!! What about Hobbits? :p

And ya know what.....................none........none.............and I mean none.......came away after that experience engulfing a strange religion.
Jesus hates religion............He just wants a one on one with YOU!

Matthew 7:15-20
New King James Version (NKJV)

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Take this scripture for instance...........I'm sure the apple would agree with apple of the same tree.

Thank you for all the fisherman in here.................you have the best fishing hole and you want to share it.....why? so you can see the joy on their faces as yours still shows.

The greatest miracle today still stands at #1..............a man/women/child giving their lives to Christ.

JAMES 4:8 Don't Be Late :)

Awesome Bro I love your energy and you Spirit for rejoicing in Christ, When I first met you it was good because I need to be around someone with exactly that, you inspired me and I'm a grateful God brought us together.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
RANDOR said:
brakelite....enjoyed your response............I guess what I was trying to get at is............jw's believe they are Christians, unitarians....etc to infinity.

So........they are wrong we are right...we are wrong they are right...........

God's word was never made to be distorted..............but again we have an adversary..........who feeds on the weak...........

In satans world.................you can be a Christian all day long....................but what ever you do...........never come to meet Him.

So that's why we are seeing......many so called Christians.....................saying you and I are wrong.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAD.......TOTALY SAD..................I'm a advocate on.........you don't need to be taught Jesus you need to be shown Jesus...Introduced to Him....all the learning will come afterward..........and the correct teacher will be doin the teaching......not man.

So now.................we have Christian vs Christian................will the real Christian please stand.

THAT WOULD BE YOU.........THAT WOULD BE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unitarians, Jehovah's Witnesses and Others

[SIZE=16pt]The Bible clearly states that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where the apostasy of Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarians and others that think along similar lines deny![/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Reading and listening to their weasel words is like reading Genesis 3:4 and Satan's words to Eve; "Ye shall not surely die" (KJV), after God had said the opposite only a short time before! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The interesting point of Satan's attack on Eve,[/SIZE] is that Satan wanted to bring mankind low (out of the special relationship Adam and Eve had with God); see: [SIZE=16pt]Eve and Adam[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Satan also wanted to do the same with Jesus just after His baptism by John the Baptist; and showed his power with his temptation of Jesus; and offered Him "all the kingdoms of the world", if He would fall down and worship him (Matt. 4; and Luke 4). This action by Satan also confirmed that at that time (and the present) he was/is "the prince of this world[/SIZE]"; as both Paul and Jesus acknowledged!

Jehovah Witnesses and Unitarians et-cetera, have different teachings on Satan; even though the Bible is clear on his origins, his fall, and his purpose now and in the future. See: [SIZE=16pt]Satan's origins;[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]Satan's Motivation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]The father of Lies[/SIZE] and [SIZE=16pt]Worship of Satan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]That means that some in their teaching do not believe that, Satan tempted Eve! Some teach that evil is in man from the Eden stage, but not by Satan! This confusion means that many believe that God introduced temptation and evil; which means in their teaching that God created evil[/SIZE], with all its consequences!

That of course does not hold true to Scripture; so that all their teaching is not valid to the Bible; so where does that leave their teachings but in the rubbish tip of the worst of the heretical sects and false churches, and false Christ's that Jesus warned about during His first Advent on earth, (Matt. 24:4; Mk.13:6; and Luke 21:8)!

[SIZE=16pt]As well as denying Christ's Deity, they deny also the Deity of the Holy Spirit. They protest that they "praise and worship God as other Christians do". However; as they deny the Holy Spirit's Deity; and as God is "Spirit" (Jn. 4:23); and "all that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth"; (Jn. 4:24); they cannot worship Him, as they deny Him! Therefore; if they think they worship the True God (1 Cor.8:4); they are deluded; and using false scripture, which is often the case (their own translations; corrupting the main points of God's Truth throughout)!

This places these people and especially their leaders in the same category as the "false shepherds of Israel"; and as per. Scripture prophecy means that they have severe judgement to look forward to; when Christ Jesus begins His clearing to Truth from "the lie of Satan"; at the beginning of His Reign on earth; see:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Organisations that deny the Deity of Christ Jesus.http://www.revelationsmessage.co.uk/Organisations that deny the Deity of Christ Jesus.htm[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Mormonism - Latter-day Saints[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Founded By: Joseph Smith, Jr., 1830.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Mormons believe that God has a physical, flesh and bones, eternal, perfect body. Men have the potential to become gods as well. Jesus is God's literal son, a separate being from [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]God the Father[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt] and the "elder brother" of men. The Holy Spirit is also a separate being from God the Father and God the Son. The Holy Spirit is regarded as an impersonal power or spirit being. These three separate beings are "one" only in their purpose, and they make up the Godhead.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jehovah's Witnesses[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Founded By: Charles Taze[/SIZE] Russell, 1879.[SIZE=16pt] Succeeded by Joseph F. Rutherford, 1917.
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that God is one person, Jehovah. Jesus was Jehovah's first creation. Jesus is not God, nor part of the Godhead. He is higher than the angels, but inferior to God. Jehovah used Jesus to create the rest of the universe. Before Jesus came to earth he was known as the archangel Michael. The Holy Spirit is an impersonal force from Jehovah, but not God.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Christian Science[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Founded By: Mary Baker Eddy, 1879.
Christian Scientists believe the trinity is life, truth and love. As an impersonal principle, God is the only thing that truly exists. Everything else (matter) is an illusion. Jesus, though not God, is the
[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]Son of God[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]. He was the promised Messiah but was not a deity. The Holy Spirit is divine science in the teachings of Christian Science.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Armstrongism[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](Philadelphia Church of God, Global Church of God, United Church of God)
Founded By: Herbert W. Armstrong, 1934.

Traditional Armstrongism
denies a Trinity, defining God as "a family of individuals." Original teachings say Jesus did not have a physical resurrection and the Holy Spirit is an impersonal force.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Christadelphians[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Founded By: Dr.[/SIZE] John Thomas, 1864.
[SIZE=16pt]Christadelphians believe God is one indivisible unity, not three distinct persons existing in one God. They deny the divinity of Jesus, believing he is fully human and separate from God. They do not believe the Holy Spirit is the third person of the trinity, but simply a force[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]—the "unseen power from God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Oneness Pentecostals[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Founded By: Frank Ewart[/SIZE], 1913.
[SIZE=16pt]Oneness Pentecostals believe that there is one God and God is one. Throughout time God manifested himself in three ways or "forms" (not persons), as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Oneness Pentecostals take issue with the Trinity doctrine chiefly for its use of the term "person." They believe God cannot be three distinct persons, but only one being who has revealed himself in three different modes. It is important to note [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]that Oneness Pentecostals do affirm the deity of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Unification Church[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Founded By: Sun Myung[/SIZE] Moon, 1954.
[SIZE=16pt]Unification adherents believe that God is positive and negative, male and female. The universe is God's body, made by him. Jesus was not God, but a man. He did not experience a physical resurrection. In fact, his mission on earth failed and will be fulfilled through Sun Myung Moon, who is greater than Jesus. The Holy Spirit is feminine in nature. She collaborates with Jesus in the spirit realm to draw people to Sun Myung Moon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Unity School of Christianity[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Founded By: Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, 1889.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Similar to Christian Science, Unity adherents believe God is an unseen, impersonal principle, not a person. God is a force within everyone and everything. Jesus was only a man, not the Christ. He simply realized his spiritual identity as the Christ by practicing his potential for perfection. This is something all men can achieve. Jesus did not [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]resurrect[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt] from the dead, but rather, he reincarnated. The Holy Spirit is the active expression of God's law. Only the spirit part of us is real, matter is not real.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Scientology - Dianetics[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Founded By: L. Ron Hubbard, 1954.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Scientology defines God as Dynamic Infinity. Jesus is not God[/SIZE], Savior or Creator, nor does he have control of supernatural powers. He is usually overlooked in Dianetics. The Holy Spirit is absent from this belief system as well. Men are "thetan" - immortal, spiritual beings with limitless capabilities and powers, though often they are unaware of this potential. Scientology teaches men how to achieve "higher states of awareness and ability" through practicing Dianetics.

[SIZE=16pt]'New Age' Religion[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]And of course the New Age movement; which may be combined with any or all of the above, due to the nature of their "Organisation".[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]For more information see: [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]Prophets, Prophetesses, Shepherds and Teachers[/SIZE] and [SIZE=16pt]Sheep and Goat Judgement[/SIZE]

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Floyd said:
I understand your point Randor; I did not wish to imply that "the Word must be pumped" to people.
I am convinced the Holy Spirit is using all and any way He can to reach a persons sensitivities; which awakens them to "seek" etc. The permutations of His ways and methods are endless!
However; at some stage, the Word must come on the scene, and is the only way to gain knowledge and Wisdom (Proverbs)
Floyd.
You are exactly right Floyd.....and ya know what's so wonderful about that ?......is watching you throw those babies around the correct way.....
God Bless you Floyd.............................OooooooooooooooooooooooRahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Dude!!! i almost had my avatar on every subject on the board and then you cam along and ruined it!!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Madad21 said:
Awesome Bro I love your energy and you Spirit for rejoicing in Christ, When I first met you it was good because I need to be around someone with exactly that, you inspired me and I'm a grateful God brought us together.
Thanks for everything you mentioned above.......................I agree totaly with everything...you are definetly a blessing to me also.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...I think we are all getting the point here.

Christian vs Christian...............so far does not exist here. We agree.........and we don't agree to disagree....or disagree to agree...or however that goes :(

Anyway.......we all recognize each spirit......

We be cool :)

I'm sure someone will come along and disagree with everything we have said to each other....

Have your swords (scriptures) ready............for know one, no thing can rock your foundation.......

WE BE OAKS
You may be the only bible someone reads. Let your pages flow...........oh-ya!
Madad21 said:
Dude!!! i almost had my avatar on every subject on the board and then you cam along and ruined it!!
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
RANDOR said:
Thanks for everything you mentioned above.......................I agree totaly with everything...you are definetly a blessing to me also.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...I think we are all getting the point here.

Christian vs Christian...............so far does not exist here. We agree.........and we don't agree to disagree....or disagree to agree...or however that goes :(

Anyway.......we all recognize each spirit......

We be cool :)

I'm sure someone will come along and disagree with everything we have said to each other....

Have your swords (scriptures) ready............for know one, no thing can rock your foundation.......

WE BE OAKS
You may be the only bible someone reads. Let your pages flow...........oh-ya!

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops
Nice *HIGH FIVE!!*

B

brakelite

Yep, gotta agree with you guys, I remember when I was first saved. In respnse to someone asking...do you think God would be pleased with the way you are living your life? No Bible, no preaching, no condemnation, no persuasion, just a simple question. I responded later in bed by asking God to make my life something He could be proud of. Again, no Bible, just a simple question. And God answered. Not with a Bible, but a change of heart.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Looking back Brakelight on the way the Holy Spirit moved in one's life is very moving; and is a lesson for me daily to trust Him!
In my case, resistance was so strong that I had to hear the Word for some time, against all my criticism; but the Word in the Bible was the eventual outcome!
Since then there has been for me barriers to be broken through; but His wonderful moving in my life is wonderful for me to dwell on.
We are all so different; mine was academic resistance; plus human force in my personality; but He won through to my giving my will to His.
That's why I have become much more tolerant with people; as we do not know how they are being worked on!
But; the Word and the will are eventually the main combatants!
Floyd.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
brakelite said:
Yep, gotta agree with you guys, I remember when I was first saved. In respnse to someone asking...do you think God would be pleased with the way you are living your life? No Bible, no preaching, no condemnation, no persuasion, just a simple question. I responded later in bed by asking God to make my life something He could be proud of. Again, no Bible, just a simple question. And God answered. Not with a Bible, but a change of heart.
Excellent brakelite......................Live it .........don't read it.....
ooooooooooooooops.....I guess i'd better explain that one...............I do believe I'm goin to get beat up on that remark......

Trust me...I read the bible everyday....I have bible studies..........and I'm in the word one way or another all day long.

Ya don't save souls by cramming scriptures down someone's ears.
heck.........I never read the bible and got saved by just asking. Then of course the scriptures came after that.

As you have seen here over and over and over and over............no jw...unitarian...etc...or some so called Christians can't tell you why they even love Jesus.
Now that worries me.............actually it's a shock.

I'd better stop.......or I'll just ramble on :)

Good day gents

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Ive got a sinking feeling that I miss read this thread and waffled on about nothing.
Its your fault Randor all those large gaps between words, Im a slow reader as it is, with gaps like that I keep dropping off halfway through sentences. :unsure:

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Madad21 said:
Ive got a sinking feeling that I miss read this thread and waffled on about nothing.
Its your fault Randor all those large gaps between words, Im a slow reader as it is, with gaps like that I keep dropping off halfway through sentences. :unsure:
Stay with us............don't worry about caps, punctuation, sentences or paragraphs...............just get my pizza to me.