Christianity Board Official Rapture Statement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The RaptureChristianity Board is firmly against what is known as the Rapture Doctrine which teaches specifically a pre-tribulational rapture; the idea being that all Christians will be taken away before the antichrist appears. Christ real return. However, is crystal clear from God's Word that this is a message taught to deceive God's children. The rapture is a false doctrine. This is a teaching that is taught all across the modern church world and it encourages Christians not to open up God's Word and know the signs that he has given. How dare rapture believers want to fly away when they can be teaching and sharing the wonderful love of God to those who are lost!Christianity Board's The Rapture Lie Bible StudyMuch of the common teaching of the rapture doctrine has its roots in the following verses of the Bible:1 Thessalonians 4:13-18(13)But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. (14)For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. (15)For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. (16)For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (17)Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (18)Wherefore comfort one another with these words.Ecclesiates 12:7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.Ecclesiastes 12:7 is a reference for what becomes of the deceased. In the above passage from 1 Thessalonians, there is clearly only the mention of a single return of Christ. He returns one time at the final trump. There's absolutely no room for a rapture.Another perspective is offered from Paul.1 Corinthians 15:52-53(51)Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, (52)In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (53)For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. (54)So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.The mention of the final trump occurs here again. Once again, there is only one Second Advent of Christ here. There's no more room for a rapture.The final trump is spoken of in Revelation 10.Revelation 11:15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.Christ comes back once at the final trump.Thessalonians 2:1-4(1)Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, (2)That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. (3)Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (4)Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.Thessalonians 2:9-11(9)Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, (10)And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (11)And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:The truth is, for rapture believers out there, that you will be raptured away. You'll be going right along with that son of perdition:John 17:12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.Revelation 17:11And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.Satan is the only one condemned to the pit.Ezekiel 28:12-19(11)Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. (12)Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. (14)Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. (15)Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. (16)By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. (17)Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. (18)Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. (19)All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.Warnings about the rapture and other doctrines appear many times in the Bible. Christianity Board has a Bible Study on the Bible's warning to the false teachers who continue to deceive God's children.[url="http://www.christianityboard.com/showthread.php?t=361]Teachers and the Curse in the End Times Bible Study[/url]Christianity Board denies the teaching of the rapture as a doctrine inspired by Christ. The above Bible Study shares the closest the Bible comes to the rapture and explains why you do not want to be raptured and why it is such a dangerous belief.Finally, we believe in the signs given by Christ himself of which we will be here to see!Signs of Matthew 24Signs of Mark 13Signs of Luke 21

Status
Not open for further replies.