Christianity Board Statement of Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Board Statement of Faith
Christianity Board (CyB) acknowledges that the nature of a forum community dictates that its members will hold a diverse range of beliefs within the Christian faith. In addition to this, we recognize that all Christians are a work in progress (Ephesians 4:13), and therefore we each are at different locations in our walk with Jesus at any given time. However, this diversity does not mean that we must sacrifice essential truths of living as a follower of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, throughout the centuries, certain doctrines have crept in that attempt to corrupt the core of the faith, and we must diligently stand against them. We must adhere to some measure of orthodoxy in order to protect the essential core of the faith.

We believe that Christian issues are able to be separated into two descriptions: *open-handed issues* and *close-handed issues*. Close-handed issues (or closed issues) are issues that are central to being a Christian; these issues are simply not up for debate because they are what defines Christianity. If closed-handed issues are debatable, then Christianity is simply yet another religion and nothing more. We will define those below in regards to the community, but this includes doctrines like the divinity of Christ. Open-handed issues (also called open issues) are issues that concern topics that are not essential to salvation. In other words, belief in a certain eschatological view (end times view) does not determine if one is saved, so that would be defined as an open-handed issue. However, Jesus being the Son of God is absolutely essential to salvation, so that is a close-handed issue.

The below clearly outlines the core, closed-handed, and Christian orthodox issues that we expect members of Christianity Board to uphold. We accept that this declaration essentially defines Christianity for Christianity Board. Disagreement with the below, we believe, places one outside the realm of reasonable orthodox Christianity.

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

We believe that man and woman are made in the image of God (Imago Dei). He and she are God’s greatest creation. Man and woman were originally designed by God to have fellowship with God, but man and woman became alienated because of disobedience. All human beings are born with a sinful nature and make the choice to sin against God. Humans are incapable of a right relationship with God through their own ability. (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 8:3-6, Isaiah 53:6, Isaiah 59:2, Romans 3:23, Colossians 1:21)

We believe the Bible (composed of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, I Samuel, II Samuel, 1 Kings, II Kings, I Chronicles, II Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Phillippians, Colossians, I Thessalonians, II Thessalonians, I Timothy, II Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, I Peter, II Peter, I John, II John, III John, Jude and Revelation) is the inspired and infallible Word of God to all men and women. It was composed by human authors under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the primary source for Christian beliefs, practices, and doctrines. (Psalm 12:6, Psalm 119:105, Psalm 119:160, Proverbs 30:5, II Timothy 1:13, II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21)

We believe that salvation is a gift from God to humanity. Men and women can never make up for their own sin by self-improvement or good works. Men and women may only be saved from their sin and its penalty by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness. Christians are justified by grace from God through Jesus alone. Eternal life begins the moment in which one believes and confesses Jesus Christ into his or her life by faith. (John 1:12, John 14:6, Romans 5:1, Romans 6:23, Galatians 3:26, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5)

We believe that men and women were created to exist forever. He either will become eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. We recognize that these realities are named as heaven and hell. Eternal separation from God occurs in hell. Eternal union with God occurs in heaven. (John 3:16, Romans 6:23, I John 2:25 I John 5:11-13, Revelation 20:15)

We believe in and affirm the historic Christian confessions of the faith, the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.

We believe Christianity Board to be a place where members can find faith, fellowship, and a focus on Jesus Christ as Savior. Soli Deo gloria.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Greetings fellow brethren. After much discussion and consideration, the Concluding Remarks in the above portion of the Statement of Faith will be removed.

Concluding Remarks
We believe the above to attest to the very nature of Christianity. However, we do recognize that our brothers and sisters of other decidedly Christian faiths may have variations in their denominations and traditions. We affirm that the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church are Christian, although there may be differences of opinion, doctrine, and tradition.

Hopefully this will enable the moderators on this forum to concentrate on the forum rules and/or rules of engagement rather than having their hands tied or being distracted by denominational arguments. The rules still stand regarding pushing a single denomination or excessive posts by a particular denomination. Breaching of such rules will be at the moderators discretion as per forum rules...

Thank you
Angelina

Status
Not open for further replies.