Christians Hate The Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Christian seem to have a bad attitude toward nonchristians and anyone of another belief who does not agree with them.
In my experience I have found nothing but rejection from Christians and it disgusts me thoroughly.
They seem to think they are so much better than anyone else and have a "holier than thou" attitude a lot like the Pharisees of Jesus days.
If Jesus came to any of their churches or internet forums today and told them all what a bunch of hypocrites they are, He would be thrown on the scrap heap and rejected and despised in exactly the same way He was in the bible stories by the hypocrites who hated the Truth about themselves.
Christians love their false doctrines and religious fairy tales far more than the Truth.
Jesus is the Truth they hate, reject and ban from their forums. They rather not hear anything that offends their delicate sensitive carnal nature.

Christians make me very angry and they make God very angry too.

Any of you Christians who read this. I suggest you go to Matthew 23 and read it and apply it to yourselves instead of to the Pharisees and then do some serious repenting before you end up one of the people Jesus talks about in Matthew 7: 21-23.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Christian seem to have a bad attitude toward nonchristians and anyone of another belief who does not agree with them.
In my experience I have found nothing but rejection from Christians and it disgusts me thoroughly.
They seem to think they are so much better than anyone else and have a "holier than thou" attitude a lot like the Pharisees of Jesus days.
If Jesus came to any of their churches or internet forums today and told them all what a bunch of hypocrites they are, He would be thrown on the scrap heap and rejected and despised in exactly the same way He was in the bible stories by the hypocrites who hated the Truth about themselves.
Christians love their false doctrines and religious fairy tales far more than the Truth.
Jesus is the Truth they hate, reject and ban from their forums. They rather not hear anything that offends their delicate sensitive carnal nature.

Any of you Christians who read this. I suggest you go to Matthew 23 and read it and apply it to yourselves instead of to the Pharisees and then do some serious repenting before you end up one of the people Jesus talks about in Matthew 7: 21-23.

A lot of general acusations but nothing specific. So nothing constructive hear yet.

Maybe if you have the love of Jesus rather than the "anger" you have expressed here you might be able to be a blessing to others.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
A lot of general acusations but nothing specific. So nothing constructive hear yet.

Maybe if you have the love of Jesus rather than the "anger" you have expressed here you might be able to be a blessing to others.

Where is the constructive love in your post?
Do you think the righteous anger of God is not a blessing?

Is the specific accusation of hypocrisy not specific enough for you?
When Jesus calls people hypocrites, Do you perceive that as a blessing or as offensive?
When God is angry with the wicked, Do you perceive that as a blessing or as something to fear, despise and reject?

God is angry with the wicked every day. God judges people every day. ( Psalm 7:11)
Those who can hear His voice will repent and those who cannot obviously won't.

Reactions: The Preacherman

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I have been on the internet for many years in various so called "Christian" forums as well as in non christian forums including forums where Christians verse atheists and agnostics in debates.

What I have found in my experience is that most of them are exactly the same in attitude and you can't tell the difference between the so called believers from the unbelievers when it comes to their attitudes and forum rules. That is fair enough since all forum creators and moderators have the right to make their own rules and enforce them by throwing out anyone they see as "trouble makers" or "offenders".

However, in my experience, most non christian forums actually give members a lot more freedom of expression than the christian forums do. The non christian forums tend to allow people to express themselves in the same way they do in reality and they put up with a few "expressions" which could be perceived as offensive by most Christians and which would cause the "offenders" to be banned from christian forums.

The way people express themselves is not necessarily intended to be offensive at all but is merely the way a person expresses themselves. In my opinion, none of us can expect any other person to change the way they normally express themselves if we wish to be honest and truthful about getting to know them instead of trying to conform them into the image and likeness of ourselves or trying to get them to express themselves in the way which we want to hear. Very few people seem to be able to really listen to what a person is saying and understand what the "heart" of others is saying. Most just look on the outward appearances and judge accordingly.

Jesus told us to love our enemies, did He not? Most Christians deny they have enemies but like to pretend they love everyone since that is what is expected of them. However their words and actions prove otherwise. Most Christians will only love others as long as those others tell them what they want to hear and are nice to them and constantly tickle their ears and give them warm fuzzy feelings. They hate anyone who upsets them or offends them. On the internet it is very easy to simply wipe those people out of your life with the "flick of the switch" of an ignore button or a ban button.

If we perceive any offensive people or trouble makers as the "enemy" who deserves to be thrown on the scrap heap and banned for having an opinion which hurts other peoples feelings, then don't the people who ban them show they have no love for the enemy at all and no intention of trying to show that enemy any love or understanding or tolerance or forgiveness?

In what way is it loving an "enemy" ( trouble maker or offender ) to ban them or throw them out because that enemy has hurt yours or someone elses feelings or offended someones sensibilities unintentionally simply in the course of speaking their mind? How does that show love and acceptance to that "enemy "and how does it show them the Love of Jesus who does not condemn them for what they do but sees and understands their hearts?

To throw out a person who is perceived as offensive is to be intolerant unloving and unkind, is it not? That is how the 'enemy" (the rejected person) perceives it anyway.

What would Jesus do?
Did Jesus throw out and "ban" or "crucify" all who offended Him or did He put up with the offense as his enemies banned and crucified Him instead?

The real Jesus is still just as much despised and hated today as He was in the bible stories. Nothing has changed. Most Christian believers worship a false watered down version of Jesus who does not offend anyone as they ignore the Truth that the Real Jesus does and did and always will offended all who live in denial of the Truth.

Only the Truth can make people free from their hypocrisy but it appears to me that no hypocrites wish to be free from hypocrisy. That is my experience with Christianity on the internet. I am extremely disappointed by Christians who pretend to love the Lord and really hate Him when He appears to them as the enemy in order to try and test their love of the enemy.

Jesus can appear and does appear to be the devil or of the devil to those who hate the Truth. That is the way it was and is and always will be. It was the same in the bible stories where the religious hypocrites saw Him as of the devil and it is still the same today. The religious hypocrites love their false doctrines and hate the Truth which will set them free from those false doctrines.
They love their deceptions more than they love the Truth. They constantly reject the Truth which offends them instead of asking the Lord to teach them to not be offended by anything. Those who love the Lord and His word are not offended by anything at all.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
If you are offended by anything at all, you need to ask the Lord for a greater Love for His Word.

Christianity is extremely disappointing. No REAL Jesus can be found in that religion. The only Jesus that can be found in Christianity is a weak pathetic impostor. That impostor is a false Christ who cannot set any of them free from their sin of hypocrisy but allows them to live in their lukewarm comfort and makes excuses for their pathetic behavior. No wonder so many follow that impostor down the WIDE road to destruction while the Real Jesus on the very Narrow road which very FEW ever find, gets despised and rejected by them. It's far easier to accept a "free ticket" to "heaven" by believing in a impostor as that impostor allows you to continue in sin while grace may abound and tickles your ears along the way telling you all the sweet things you wish to hear than actually having to OBEY the Father yourselves.

No wonder the Lord will spew many believers out of his mouth and tell them He never knew them. I would too but I don't reject anyone who does not reject me first. Neither does Jesus. He never did and never will. He does not force Himself on anyone either. If people do not listen or hear Him, He simply shakes the dust off His feet, when they depart from Him and He departs from them.

Hypocrites bring as much shame and condemnation to the name of the Lord as they do to themselves.

Do you Christians want to heal people wounded by Christianity? Then start with yourselves and fix the problem within YOU.
" Physician Heal Thyself "

I posted this message in another Christian forum in a section they had about healing people wounded by the church and they did not even allow it to go though so people could read it. That is how much they hate the Truth and what it reveals. That is why I left Christianity. They are a bunch of self righteous hypocrities who think their righteousness exceeds everyone elses righteousness.

I am showing them that I am far better than they are by accepting those hypocrites as they are, forgiving them for their foolishness, and rejecting none of them unless they first reject me.However, I will not go around tickling their ears telling them all the sweet things they want to hear either. I speak what the Father says to speak and that is not necessarily what Christians want to hear.

Isaiah 13:6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD [is] at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Joel 1:15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD [is] at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Job 21:30 That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

That day of the LORD is every day.

Psalm 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry [with the wicked] every day.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am showing them that I am far better than they are by accepting those hypocrites as they are, forgiving them for their foolishness, and rejecting none of them unless they first reject me.However, I will not go around tickling their ears telling them all the sweet things they want to hear either. I speak what the Father says to speak and that is not necessarily what Christians want to hear.

See, I find these two statements to be in conflict with one another right off the bat. Let's face it, anyone can claim that the Father speaks through them and I've seen a wide range of folks do this with conflicting viewpoints (someone must be wrong by definition, no?); anyone can claim that the other side are hypocrites but anyone who knows the Bible approaches the topic with humility. Christ rarely overturned tables - and when He did it our Lord had the conviction of the Son of God and perfection that none of us here can claim or certainly achieve.

The reason why Christian forums are less "tolerant" - and I use the term quite loosely - is precisely because Christian forums are concerned about the truth. If you accept the relativistic viewpoint on truth - and from your posts above I'm not so unsure you don't accept it - then nonChristian forums are "easier" because just about anything goes. It's easy to accept viewpoints A, B, C, D, and so on because as long as it does not impinge on ones right - well it's okay. I look at it this way; there is certainly much division in the Christian faith - and so by judging an entire religion I think that alone says more than enough - so when those varying viewpoints and doctrines can agree on something, I trust it. We're not interested in self-proclaimed prophets peddling a new way of doing things, and this board reflects that stand. If you are interested in that sort of thing, as you noted, there are forums out there for it.

Some folks becomes victims in matters because they want to be - they want to draw the attention and frankly the old pronoun "I" can be one of the best indicators around.

Reactions: The Preacherman

bud02

Aug 14, 2010

The part of this that I would like to reply to is, many Christians that I know and have known don't have a firm understanding of the faith with in them. they go to church one time a week, for one or 2 hours. Believe me they have questions but never bother to look or ask for answers.
They get involved with non believers or others that also have a limited understanding, and they soon become cornered with hard questions. The natural response to such things is, nany nany nany I know I have salvation and your a fool for not doing it my way, or your deceived. Or just because I can't address your questions doesn't mean I don't have salvation, this is true to a degree. Threw the years I have made it a point to research the hard question I have come against, its very advantageous to study every thing Mormons , SDA, JW, what the pre Abraham belief systems were, astrology, science, a bit about straight up satan believers. You get my drift. Men are like a tool box for Jesus. I make an effort to study or provide every tool under the sun, then when Jesus works threw me He's not stuck using a screw driver in place of a pair of pliers. I believe Paul was just such a man, educated and knowledgeable about the faiths and times that he lived in. Have you ever wondered where the message of God was in the world pre Abram. I don't believe He was silent or unknown from Noah to Abram or at any time in history for that matter. Its not for everyone but their is an uncanny relationship to "Judaism" found all over the world in nearly every religion. I believe Paul knew about such things. And its questions like that you find all the time in the world. Of course believe in Jesus and you will be saved is the gospel. But you have to help people threw the woods, so they can make that choice. They have heard it but they just cant see the forest for the trees. Mystery Babylon is where we live today, the mother of confusion. Just keep sorting the truth from the lies, sifting the wheat from the chaff. Don't let emotions cloud and an already dimly viewed truth.
1 Cor 13:[sup]12[/sup] For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Im drifting off topic, but those that are mature, rarely come off as know it alls or rude. These also know that there is still much that can be learned.
I myself still find it difficult on forums to let smart A$$ remarks and accusations of lost or deceived roll off my back. But that is the nature of forums, its quite a different thing face to face. Just as we read from Paul, but then face to face.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Anyone who does not want Jesus Christ will not have him.

When somebody wants Jesus Christ they will have him.

The rest of this discussion is crap.

Arnie Madsen.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
See, I find these two statements to be in conflict with one another right off the bat. Let's face it, anyone can claim that the Father speaks through them and I've seen a wide range of folks do this with conflicting viewpoints (someone must be wrong by definition, no?); anyone can claim that the other side are hypocrites but anyone who knows the Bible approaches the topic with humility. Christ rarely overturned tables - and when He did it our Lord had the conviction of the Son of God and perfection that none of us here can claim or certainly achieve.

The reason why Christian forums are less "tolerant" - and I use the term quite loosely - is precisely because Christian forums are concerned about the truth. If you accept the relativistic viewpoint on truth - and from your posts above I'm not so unsure you don't accept it - then nonChristian forums are "easier" because just about anything goes. It's easy to accept viewpoints A, B, C, D, and so on because as long as it does not impinge on ones right - well it's okay. I look at it this way; there is certainly much division in the Christian faith - and so by judging an entire religion I think that alone says more than enough - so when those varying viewpoints and doctrines can agree on something, I trust it. We're not interested in self-proclaimed prophets peddling a new way of doing things, and this board reflects that stand. If you are interested in that sort of thing, as you noted, there are forums out there for it.

Some folks becomes victims in matters because they want to be - they want to draw the attention and frankly the old pronoun "I" can be one of the best indicators around.

The two statements do not conflict at all. The difference is the attitude and motivation in them. Look at the example of Jesus and the Pharisees. Jesus perceived them as being of the devil and they saw Him in the same way. It was like seeing a mirror image of oneself in the other.
Jesus was more righteous than the Pharisees because He did not reject them as He told them what he thought of them. He told them in love and in the hopes that they would repent but very few ever did. The Pharisees did not accept Jesus or His words at all. His Truth offended them so they rejected Him and crucified Him for it. Jesus did not crucify them but forgave them. He accepted the pain they inflicted on Him.
Very few Christians follow that example and accept the emotional pain that others inflict on them. They resort to the natural minded rejection every time.
Jesus said " For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
The Lord expects us to be more righteous than the Pharisees and not reject the people the Lord sends out way to try and test us to see if we will love our enemies instead of crucify them and ban or ignore then from our lives.
If Christians were truly concerned about the Truth, they would not crucify the Truth like the Pharisees did because of the offence it caused them. Jesus is the Truth which hypocrites crucify and reject..
Your own attitude still reflects rejection of me in your suggestion that you are not interested in anything I say because you think I am some self proclaimed prophet. You have no idea how wrong you are in that judgment.. I have never proclaimed myself to be a prophet. I simply speak the Truth and am very open about what I think, feel and have experienced . I have discovered that very few people can handle that kind of honesty. It really disappoints me that most Christians are among those who cannot handle honesty. It is extremely hard to find REAL people in this world who don't put on some kind of false front and try to make other people conform to their own expectations.

The division in Christianity itself show the religion is unstable. Jesus said " Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:"
Christianity is a religion that is divided against itself.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
The part of this that I would like to reply to is, many Christians that I know and have known don't have a firm understanding of the faith with in them. they go to church one time a week, for one or 2 hours. Believe me they have questions but never bother to look or ask for answers.
They get involved with non believers or others that also have a limited understanding, and they soon become cornered with hard questions. The natural response to such things is, nany nany nany I know I have salvation and your a fool for not doing it my way, or your deceived. Or just because I can't address your questions doesn't mean I don't have salvation, this is true to a degree. Threw the years I have made it a point to research the hard question I have come against, its very advantageous to study every thing Mormons , SDA, JW, what the pre Abraham belief systems were, astrology, science, a bit about straight up satan believers. You get my drift. Men are like a tool box for Jesus. I make an effort to study or provide every tool under the sun, then when Jesus works threw me He's not stuck using a screw driver in place of a pair of pliers. I believe Paul was just such a man, educated and knowledgeable about the faiths and times that he lived in. Have you ever wondered where the message of God was in the world pre Abram. I don't believe He was silent or unknown from Noah to Abram or at any time in history for that matter. Its not for everyone but their is an uncanny relationship to "Judaism" found all over the world in nearly every religion. I believe Paul knew about such things. And its questions like that you find all the time in the world. Of course believe in Jesus and you will be saved is the gospel. But you have to help people threw the woods, so they can make that choice. They have heard it but they just cant see the forest for the trees. Mystery Babylon is where we live today, the mother of confusion. Just keep sorting the truth from the lies, sifting the wheat from the chaff. Don't let emotions cloud and an already dimly viewed truth.
1 Cor 13:[sup]12[/sup] For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Im drifting off topic, but those that are mature, rarely come off as know it alls or rude. These also know that there is still much that can be learned.
I myself still find it difficult on forums to let smart A$ remarks and accusations of lost or deceived roll off my back. But that is the nature of forums, its quite a different thing face to face. Just as we read from Paul, but then face to face.

I disagree that the mature rarely come across as know it alls or rude. I look at Jesus as an example of the most perfect and spiritually mature man ever inexistence and He came across to the Pharisees ( hypocrites ) as a know it all who thought far too highly of Himself and was blasphemous in making Himself equal to God which was a sin in their eyes worthy of crucifixion.
In my perception too many people seem to think "Maturity" means you have to wrap all "spiritual babies" in cotton wool and try hard to not offend their carnal minded sensitivities. The Lord thinks differently according to the Word and tells people to stop being babies.

Eph 4:14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

1 Cor 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

1 Cor 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, [even] as unto babes in Christ.

It seems there are far more "carnal minded babes" in religion than there are spiritually mature adults in the Lord.

Paul saw Jesus face to face, so did all of Jesus disciples in the bible stories and so did all the rest of the unbelievers who were there in the stories. The same happens today. Very few recognize Jesus when He is standing right in front of them. Those who abide in Him can see Him face to face as clearly as Jesus can see the Father face to face daily.
I think far too many people seem to think they will never see Jesus face to face till the day they die.
Like Paul, I die daily.

Anyone who does not want Jesus Christ will not have him.

When somebody wants Jesus Christ they will have him.

The rest of this discussion is bullshit crap.

Arnie Madsen.

Thank you for your honest opinion.
Do you know what the difference is between the Real Jesus and the false Christ?
If you do, please explain it to me.
How do people know if they are following the Real Jesus or a false Christ which is being preached in this world today?
How do people know they are not being deceived by false doctrines?

2Cor 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Where is the constructive love in your post?

The constructive love in my post was the conviction in it to you about how you should love as Jesus loved. Remember Jesus told you to love your enemies. And even if you consider me your enemy you are to love me. That’s if you are a true follower of the Messiah Jesus.

Do you think the righteous anger of God is not a blessing?

Not when it is done in a shotgun fashion spraying accusations over everyone, tarring everyone with the same brush. That’s what your opening post was doing. Each person should be dealt with independently people should take the time to investigate before casting denigration upon all.

Is the specific accusation of hypocrisy not specific enough for you?

You must bring a specific accusation pointed at a specific person or religious organization. Otherwise you’re lumping in guilty with the non-guilty. And that is injustice. God is Just and those who speak for Him must also do their best to be Just.

When Jesus calls people hypocrites, Do you perceive that as a blessing or as offensive?

When Jesus called people Hypocrites. Weather it was a blessing or a curse depended upon the reaction of the ones hearing it. If one reacts with contrition to the judgement of Jesus then one is blessed, If one reacted with rebellion against the judgement of Jesus then one is cursed. So it is not the judgement of Jesus that blesses or curses it is our reaction to that Judgement that blesses or curses us.

When God is angry with the wicked, Do you perceive that as a blessing or as something to fear, despise and reject?

Once again it is our reaction to His judgement that makes it a blessing or a curse for us. And again because you are not Jesus you do not have total situational awareness over all the people in this forum. So your denigration of everyone here is unjust.

God is angry with the wicked every day. God judges people every day. ( Psalm 7:11)
Those who can hear His voice will repent and those who cannot obviously won't.

Then you should repent, Because you have judged unjustly. Or do you claim to know the minds and intentions of all the people in this forum?

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
I have been on the internet for many years in various so called "Christian" forums as well as in non christian forums including forums where Christians verse atheists and agnostics in debates.

What I have found in my experience is that most of them are exactly the same in attitude and you can't tell the difference between the so called believers from the unbelievers when it comes to their attitudes and forum rules. That is fair enough since all forum creators and moderators have the right to make their own rules and enforce them by throwing out anyone they see as "trouble makers" or "offenders".

However, in my experience, most non christian forums actually give members a lot more freedom of expression than the christian forums do. The non christian forums tend to allow people to express themselves in the same way they do in reality and they put up with a few "expressions" which could be perceived as offensive by most Christians and which would cause the "offenders" to be banned from christian forums.

The way people express themselves is not necessarily intended to be offensive at all but is merely the way a person expresses themselves. In my opinion, none of us can expect any other person to change the way they normally express themselves if we wish to be honest and truthful about getting to know them instead of trying to conform them into the image and likeness of ourselves or trying to get them to express themselves in the way which we want to hear. Very few people seem to be able to really listen to what a person is saying and understand what the "heart" of others is saying. Most just look on the outward appearances and judge accordingly.

Jesus told us to love our enemies, did He not? Most Christians deny they have enemies but like to pretend they love everyone since that is what is expected of them. However their words and actions prove otherwise. Most Christians will only love others as long as those others tell them what they want to hear and are nice to them and constantly tickle their ears and give them warm fuzzy feelings. They hate anyone who upsets them or offends them. On the internet it is very easy to simply wipe those people out of your life with the "flick of the switch" of an ignore button or a ban button.

If we perceive any offensive people or trouble makers as the "enemy" who deserves to be thrown on the scrap heap and banned for having an opinion which hurts other peoples feelings, then don't the people who ban them show they have no love for the enemy at all and no intention of trying to show that enemy any love or understanding or tolerance or forgiveness?

In what way is it loving an "enemy" ( trouble maker or offender ) to ban them or throw them out because that enemy has hurt yours or someone elses feelings or offended someones sensibilities unintentionally simply in the course of speaking their mind? How does that show love and acceptance to that "enemy "and how does it show them the Love of Jesus who does not condemn them for what they do but sees and understands their hearts?

To throw out a person who is perceived as offensive is to be intolerant unloving and unkind, is it not? That is how the 'enemy" (the rejected person) perceives it anyway.

What would Jesus do?
Did Jesus throw out and "ban" or "crucify" all who offended Him or did He put up with the offense as his enemies banned and crucified Him instead?

The real Jesus is still just as much despised and hated today as He was in the bible stories. Nothing has changed. Most Christian believers worship a false watered down version of Jesus who does not offend anyone as they ignore the Truth that the Real Jesus does and did and always will offended all who live in denial of the Truth.

Only the Truth can make people free from their hypocrisy but it appears to me that no hypocrites wish to be free from hypocrisy. That is my experience with Christianity on the internet. I am extremely disappointed by Christians who pretend to love the Lord and really hate Him when He appears to them as the enemy in order to try and test their love of the enemy.

Jesus can appear and does appear to be the devil or of the devil to those who hate the Truth. That is the way it was and is and always will be. It was the same in the bible stories where the religious hypocrites saw Him as of the devil and it is still the same today. The religious hypocrites love their false doctrines and hate the Truth which will set them free from those false doctrines.
They love their deceptions more than they love the Truth. They constantly reject the Truth which offends them instead of asking the Lord to teach them to not be offended by anything. Those who love the Lord and His word are not offended by anything at all.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
If you are offended by anything at all, you need to ask the Lord for a greater Love for His Word.

What was your opening post all about then? Was it nothing but an expression of your offense at Christians. Who is a hypocrite hear. It is clear that you find Christianity offensive. Or your view of Christianity anyway.

Christianity is extremely disappointing. No REAL Jesus can be found in that religion. The only Jesus that can be found in Christianity is a weak pathetic impostor. That impostor is a false Christ who cannot set any of them free from their sin of hypocrisy but allows them to live in their lukewarm comfort and makes excuses for their pathetic behavior. No wonder so many follow that impostor down the WIDE road to destruction while the Real Jesus on the very Narrow road which very FEW ever find, gets despised and rejected by them. It's far easier to accept a "free ticket" to "heaven" by believing in a impostor as that impostor allows you to continue in sin while grace may abound and tickles your ears along the way telling you all the sweet things you wish to hear than actually having to OBEY the Father yourselves.

No wonder the Lord will spew many believers out of his mouth and tell them He never knew them. I would too but I don't reject anyone who does not reject me first. Neither does Jesus. He never did and never will. He does not force Himself on anyone either. If people do not listen or hear Him, He simply shakes the dust off His feet, when they depart from Him and He departs from them.

Hypocrites bring as much shame and condemnation to the name of the Lord as they do to themselves.

Do you Christians want to heal people wounded by Christianity? Then start with yourselves and fix the problem within YOU.
" Physician Heal Thyself "

I posted this message in another Christian forum in a section they had about healing people wounded by the church and they did not even allow it to go though so people could read it. That is how much they hate the Truth and what it reveals. That is why I left Christianity. They are a bunch of self righteous hypocrities who think their righteousness exceeds everyone elses righteousness.

I am showing them that I am far better than they are

You Are Far Better then They Are ???? Who is the self rightious hypocrite now? Who is the Pharisee in the temple Now?

Luke 18
9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Your self exaultation is noted. You better take a deep look inside because you seem to be the very thing you profess to hate.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Adstar said:
You must bring a specific accusation pointed at a specific person or religious organization. Otherwise you’re lumping in guilty with the non-guilty. And that is injustice. God is Just and those who speak for Him must also do their best to be Just.
How is it injustice? Jesus was numbered with the transgressors and that was Perfect Justice according to the Father. When you do and say the same as what the Father says and does, it is impossible to be unjust.
Mankind's carnal judgment is false and according to the flesh. The judgment of the Father is according to the Spirit at all times. The Lord looks on the heart and is never deceived by false fronts and any outward appearances.

Adstar said:
Once again it is our reaction to His judgement that makes it a blessing or a curse for us. And again because you are not Jesus you do not have total situational awareness over all the people in this forum. So your denigration of everyone here is unjust.
I am dead and my life is hid with Christ in God. My words are not my own but His that sent me. Of myself I can do and say nothing at all. In judging you I am also judging myself.

[quote name='Adstar'']
Then you should repent, Because you have judged unjustly. Or do you claim to know the minds and intentions of all the people in this forum? [/quote]
I repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. I have spent long hours crying over my foolishness and stupidity when the Lord brought me to my knees before Him the day I saw Him face to face, in the same way Saul was brought to his knees before the Lord and made blind.
I have been where you are. You have not been where I am.
You judge after the flesh, I judge no man, yet IF I judge, my judgment is just and true because I do not speak my own words but the Word of the Father who sent me.
Of myself, in my flesh, I am blind and deaf and dumb and can do absolutely nothing and know nothing at all. The Father knows the hearts and minds of all people and I see what He allows me to see through His eyes.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Adstar said:
What was your opening post all about then? Was it nothing but an expression of your offense at Christians. Who is a hypocrite hear. It is clear that you find Christianity offensive. Or your view of Christianity anyway.
The opening post is exactly the same kind of expression of disgust at hypocrites as Jesus expressed in Matthew 23. The Father hates hypocrisy of any kind regardless of whether it is Christian hypocrisy or Pharisee hypocrisy.

Adstar said:
You Are Far Better then They Are ???? Who is the self rightious hypocrite now? Who is the Pharisee in the temple Now?

Luke 18
9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Your self exaultation is noted. You better take a deep look inside because you seem to be the very thing you profess to hate.

I am nothing but a mirror. I am your reflection and you are mine. I do not go around thanking God that I am not like other men. I thank God that I am just like all other men so I can know and understand exactly how they think and feel and forgive them for they know not what they do. I am only as good as Jesus made me. He made me his welcome mat in front of the door. People wipe their feet on me. I clean their feet before they go through the door.
That makes me dirty and unimportant in the eyes of man, but if my only job forever is to sit in front of the door and allow people to wipe their feet on me, then I am proud to serve the Lord as a "foot washing" servant, no matter how much I get kicked around by those who walk all over me..
Jesus is the one who caused my righteousness to exceed the righteousness of the rest of the hypocrites. In the eyes of other hypocrites, that makes me the biggest hypocrite of all who thinks more highly of myself than any of the other hypocrites do. They at least pretend to be humble. I have no need to hide who and what I know I am. I know I am proud and I have a good reason to be proud so I have no need to hide my pride. Hypocrisy in all religions is still the same yesterday today and forever. I hate that hypocrisy as much as the Father does.. If having the same attitude toward hypocrisy as the Father, makes me more hypocritical than other hypocrites so be it. I refuse to have a different attitude than that of the Father.
The same attitude also made Jesus hypocritical and blasphemous in the eyes of the "humble" hypocrites too. The Pharisees saw Jesus exalting himself to the level of God and thought he was thinking far more highly of himself than he ought to think as well. That is why they ended up crucifying Him. They obviously thought their righteousness exceeded His righteousness since they saw Him as a sinner and saw themselves as having the authority to crucify him for blasphemy. Jesus has not changed since then . He still knows He is the Son of God. I happen to be in Him and He is in me in the same way that Jesus is in the Father and the Father is in Him. He has placed me on His "shoulders". If that is offensive to you, I can't help It. You can blame Jesus. He is the one who decided to carry me. There is nothing I can do about it. I am that I am. I cannot change myself any more than a pot can change itself. I am the clay in the masters hands, not the potter.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
I am nothing but a mirror. I am your reflection and you are mine. I do not go around thanking God that I am not like other men. I thank God that I am just like all other men so I can know and understand exactly how they think and feel and forgive them for they know not what they do.

" I thank God that I am just like all other men"

That is not what you said. You said, And i Quote:

They are a bunch of self righteous hypocrities who think their righteousness exceeds everyone elses righteousness.

I am showing them that I am far better than they are

Your attempted dodge does not work. What you have said You have said and it is as clear as Day.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am sorry. I am really sorry that other people's beliefs sometimes threaten me and I react poorly - I apologize for taking out on other people instead of simply recognizing my own fears.

I do not blame you for feeling disgusted - no one enjoys being rejected. I apologize for contributing to any of the rejection you have experienced, whether it is found in my attitude or the doctrines I believe to be true. I know that Christ was inclusive and I am glad that you pointed out that I need to look to Him as my example.

Indeed. I am guilty of separating myself from people who do not believe the same thing as I do - it is out of fear, rather than haughtiness, but I can certainly see how it looks to a nonbeliever; again, I apologize for being exclusive.

Knowing Jesus personally, I believe He would be merciful, but I am also sure He would recognize how poorly nonChristian were being treated. As far as being a hypocrite, I am guilty - the one solace I take in being a hypocrite is that it beats the alternative - giving up a moral standard.

Once again, I think there is some truth in this statement - it is much more comfortable for me to hide in the knowledge of Christian doctrine, rather than love and serve others - I apologize for all the times this has hurt you or other people.

It is threatening to love others unconditionally, and to take personal responsibility for all the times you fail, especially when you know you will fail in the future - I apologize for all the times I failed to take personal responsibility and the result hurt you or other people.

I recognize your frustration and I apologize for my weaknesses, especially when they have hurt you or other people.

Thank you. I will read Mathew 23 and do the best to apply it. I appreciate your candor, and I thank you for the opportunity to take responsibility for my behavior and I hope this post will be a small step towards healing.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Me too. Been there and done that.

What I have found in my experience is that most of them are exactly the same in attitude and you can't tell the difference between the so called believers from the unbelievers when it comes to their attitudes and forum rules.

Not true. Most atheist forums are extremely rude and abrasive to Christians. They are characterized by pseudo-clever quips and quotes from sources they themselves are unaware of. For example, do you know where the reference to the spaghetti monster came from? Most don't, yet they use it as a sort of nail to drive into the body of Christian belief.

This is true. For some stupid reason Christian forums don't allow people to be overtly rude to one another. They want people to be courteous and to use facts to back up their opinion. It may seem lame to require courtesy and truth along with a rant, but that's the way they are. Go figure.

The way people express themselves is not necessarily intended to be offensive at all but is merely the way a person expresses themselves.

This is an outright lie. Some of the comments and rants on non-Christians blogs are deeply offensive. Nobody cares either. They are devils and proud of it.

Jesus told us to love our enemies, did He not? Most Christians deny they have enemies but like to pretend they love everyone since that is what is expected of them.

Another load of manure. If this isn't a grand stereotypical rant, I don't know what is. In point of fact I know A LOT of Christians who love those who despitefully use them, pray for them and even do very positive things that those people don't deserve.

The real Jesus is still just as much despised and hated today as He was in the bible stories. Nothing has changed.

This much is true as is the same for those who follow Him as evidenced by your testimony against us.

Most Christian believers worship a false watered down version of Jesus who does not offend anyone as they ignore the Truth that the Real Jesus does and did and always will offended all who live in denial of the Truth.

You seem to be at cross purposes with your own statements above. First you find fault with Christians who take a stand against the world and then you find fault with Christians who don't. You are a very confused person. Which is it? Make up your mind.

Christianity is extremely disappointing. No REAL Jesus can be found in that religion. The only Jesus that can be found in Christianity is a weak pathetic impostor.

Here published is the heart of the poster. The words display a deep malicious hatred for Christ and those who follow Him. There is not so much as a tissue of effort to understand Christ or the religion, only lies and disjointed attacks. I pity and pray for the writer here.

I am showing them that I am far better than they are by accepting those hypocrites as they are, forgiving them for their foolishness, and rejecting none of them unless they first reject me.

If there is a better example and quote of a self-righteous, pompous attitude, I've not seen it.

The origional poster ends with the following quotations from the Bible, which are directed at Christians as some sort of hope of punishment for us.

Isaiah 13:6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD [is] at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Joel 1:15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD [is] at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Job 21:30 That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

That day of the LORD is every day.

Psalm 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry [with the wicked] every day.

Beware O man, lest you be forced to drink of the cup which you intend for others.

As you live and have breath, repent of your sin and attitude of hatred before these things come to pass in your own life. Come to Christ in humility and surrender and you shall know such grace and goodness and peace as you could never have imagined even if you should live twice a normal life span.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true. Most atheist forums are extremely rude and abrasive to Christians. They are characterized by pseudo-clever quips and quotes from sources they themselves are unaware of. For example, do you know where the reference to the spaghetti monster came from? Most don't, yet they use it as a sort of nail to drive into the body of Christian belief.

It seems to me that the internet is set up to invite rude behavior from everyone. We all know that driving brings out ugly behavior because it depersonalizes people, but at least when you are driving you can see the face of the person you are interacting with - the internet forces you to have a conversation with words. Seems to me that we all need to check our behavior - Christian or not. In addition, I am a bit confused - are you holding skyangel to a Christian standard of behavior? If so, why?

This is true. For some stupid reason Christian forums don't allow people to be overtly rude to one another. They want people to be courteous and to use facts to back up their opinion. It may seem lame to require courtesy and truth along with a rant, but that's the way they are. Go figure.

Do you think that sarcasm is the best way to reach people? I am really asking - I am not trying to criticize.

This is an outright lie. Some of the comments and rants on non-Christians blogs are deeply offensive. Nobody cares either. They are devils and proud of it.

Is there a reason that atheists should act differently?

Another load of manure. If this isn't a grand stereotypical rant, I don't know what is. In point of fact I know A LOT of Christians who love those who disrespectfully use them, pray for them and even do very positive things that those people don't deserve.

You sound angry - why? Didn't Jesus endure much worse treatment?

You seem to be at cross purposes with your own statements above. First you find fault with Christians who take a stand against the world and then you find fault with Christians who don't. You are a very confused person. Which is it? Make up your mind.

Is there a right way to think about this topic? If we Christians were in the business of love and forgiveness, I believe we would end a lot of the opposition out there.

Here published is the heart of the poster. The words display a deep malicious hatred for Christ and those who follow Him. There is not so much as a tissue of effort to understand Christ or the religion, only lies and disjointed attacks. I pity and pray for the writer here.

Actually, I disagree. I think she is angry about being excluded and belittled by Christians that she has interacted with in the past. I think the best way to reach her is by looking to Christ for our example - inclusiveness, facing the truth about ourselves and asking forgiveness, agape love, and continual forgiveness.

The origional poster ends with the following quotations from the Bible, which are directed at Christians as some sort of hope of punishment for us.

Beware O man, lest you be forced to drink of the cup which you intend for others.

As you live and have breath, repent of your sin and attitude of hatred before these things come to pass in your own life. Come to Christ in humility and surrender and you shall know such grace and goodness and peace as you could never have imagined even if you should live twice a normal life span.

I gladly repent!

Peace

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Hey Skyangel. You've posted a lot here, and I can't say I agree with all of it, but that doesn't matter!

I would say, in response to the sorrow you've experianced at the Hands of Christians, is that we're sinners. Sure, it behooves us to strive everyday to repent and become more Christlike, but we are not perfect. We can claim the grace and salvation of Jesus but we all mess up, time and time again. It's heartbreaking, but just another symptom of how much we need Jesus. I'm sorry you've been hurt, and I do acknowledge that some who profess to be "Christian" are wolves in sheeps clothing. But Christianity in general...the church? We are Jesus' bride, Jesus died for us and one day, when He returns, we shall be perfect! So until then, take your hurts to Him and He will give you strength and comfort.

As for the real Jesus? He is God, He humbled Himself to come to earth and suffered horribly and died for me! He sent the gift of the Holy Spirit and it is only due to this Spirit that I have any decency at all within me. The grace and love that God has shown us through these acts is astounding and because of it; in response to it, I will worship Him for as long as I draw breath....and then forever!

Please know that we aren't all bad, even those of us that enjoy a good argument....and perhaps go too far. When it comes down to it, all that claim Jesus will stand before Him, and those that He doesn't really know will be punished, and those that He does (even if they had imperfect lives) will know truth.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
Hi Aspen, I just wanted to tell you that I really respect your first post in this thread. It was honest and I think it's the sort of thing that takes a lot of courage to say.

To address the first post, taking it as a sort of thesis, I suppose I should say that, sadly, I think many people from any philosophy (especially articulating their views in largely anonymous media) will display a "bad attitude" to those who disagree with them. Christians are as mortal and fallible as people of any other faith or lack thereof (though, similarly, they make act as infallible and/or self-righteous as people of any other faith or lack thereof), and some can, do, and probably always will get angry, and express it inarticulately, just like anybody else. While the Word teaches one not to judge, to accept and even love one's enemies, and not to be offended by differing viewpoints, no Christian is perfect, and none among us can live up to the example of Christ; what is important, I believe, is to try, and to recognize and repent our failures to do so. It does sadden me to see those who try to defend the name of the Lord by going against his teachings, but I'm certain I've been guilty of it, or a similarly misguided enterprise, at some point, so I do my best not to view them in a harsh light and to understand the emotions in their heart that cause them to act as they do, and moreover, remind myself that though I may not believe that what they are doing is right, perhaps they do, and it is not my place to judge them.
Of course, there is almost textbook hypocrisy in this failure to practice what we preach, which is why I try and keep my expressions of His Word positive and personal, so that I may (hopefully) preach only what I can practice. Christ is my Lord and Savior, but it is and must be your decision if he is yours, and I am in no place to fault your decision, either way. I have many friends of other faiths and many atheist friends, as well, and I truly try not to judge them, exclude them, or interact with them unfavourably. If we come to a debate about religion, I do my utmost to keep my statements on the points discussed and arguments themselves, not the people making them.

I am truly sorry that you have not always been treated with kindness and openness, I have often been judged and excluded by those who for whatever reason see themselves above others, and it is a truly terrible feeling, but I ask you not to judge too harshly; Christians, however we may act at times, are human and imperfect, but most of us are usually trying to do what we believe is the right thing, it's just that, being human and imperfect, it doesn't always turn out to be.

shineyourlight_x

Dec 4, 2010

You are absolutely right - Christians do have a bad attitude towards nonchristians. But so do nonchristians have a bad attitude toward Christians. However, not all Christians are bad. Not all Christians have that negative attitude toward nonchristians. I'm sorry you had to face those type of Christians. God wants us to be loving towards everyone.

I was literally harrassed and bullied by a guy my senior year. Simply because I believed in Jesus. He would send me IMs, harrassing me and calling me names. He would not quit. He would TRY to get friends to turn their backs on me, but thankfully, none of my friends liked this guy anyways. He was just mean to me.

I just find it sad that you clump ALL Christians into a category. I can tell you from experience, not all Christians are bad. Have you met EVERY Christian walking on this earth? No, but you HAVE met SOME Christians who haven't been the nicest. And for that, I'm truly sorry.