CHRISTIANS...Stop Sparing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
It Never Works :)
You can spar with a jehovah witness unti the cows come home.....which they never will. :)
Ask them have they ever seen the lame walk, new eye balls grow, new limbs grow, steel rods in a human body disappear, surgery removed from question, miracles from tithing. What has Jesus done in their lives, recieving the Holy Ghost, take a big bad biker and have him melt in your arms....Teddy Bear :)
Cancer disolved, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. I HAVE!!!!!!!!!

But the main thing..........Have a man/woman/you...............fall under the power of Christ.

AND ALL THESE MIRACLES...WITHOUT ONE SCRIPTURE.

You can't help a jehovah with scriptures. YOU HAVE TO BE THE WORD

jehovah's are like reading Chinese directions on how to put a ping ball table together.

They just stick to what is written and never see....WOW!!!!!! How Jesus is Lord and I see how this table can be put together without these worthless chinese directions.

Meaning...their interpretation of the scriptures have no meaning to the end product. :)

And the most beautiful miracle of all is.....A MAN/WOMAN/CHILD GIVING THEIR LIFE TO CHRIST.

Tell them what Jesus has done in your life.

A person comes to church, call him a satanic follower. Gives his life to Christ. He starts studying the scriptures.

He ALWAYS KNOWSTHE jw'S ARE WRONG.

JW'S...BRING NOTHING TO YOU EXCEPT STRIFE......THAT'S ALL THEY STUDY FOR.....YOUR WRONG..YOU WILL ALWAYS BE WRONG IN THEIR EYES.

SHARE YOUR TESTIMONIES

Christians......it's wonderful you know the scritpures......but they are dead in the water to those who already have you condemed to being wrong.

Reactions: KingJ

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
RANDOR

This is not a forum for bashing JW's , even though there are some here

For example , kjw47 is very respectful and simply presents his views and beliefs the way he has been taught

Mostly I wanted to mention that your
HUGE
COLORED
FONTS
Give us the impression you are shouting and it does not add value to the conversation.
Thank you.
Best wishes

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Sorry Arnie :(

Not shoutin...just added some color and diversity.

And I have all the respect for the JW's in here....but scriptures will get ya no where with these people.

Anyway, thank you for the concern :)

You Christians have something the jw's don't and that is you are blood bought. So are the jw's but they don't recieve it

And the jw's have only been taught like you said...they have never been shown.

Shine your light..........

And I'm sorry if it looks like I'm bashing.....far from it....I just go to the meat of the problem....don't have time to spar with scriptures...the clock is a tickin :)
And when you use scriptures, if that is the weapon you've chosen............the jw's will slaughter you everytime. :)
Meaning........you haven't won :)

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
RANDOR said:

And I have all the respect for the JW's in here....but scriptures will get ya no where with these people.

You Christians have something the jw's don't and that is you are blood bought. So are the jw's but they don't recieve it

And I'm sorry if it looks like I'm bashing.....far from it....I just go to the meat of the problem....don't have time to spar with scriptures...the clock is a tickin :)
And when you use scriptures, if that is the weapon you've chosen............the jw's will slaughter you everytime. :)

I shared many of Jesus' truths that contradict trinity beliefs--you rejected all of them. I don't spar with mortals they try to spar against truth--I plant seeds.
RANDOR said:

You just told 2 billion mortals they have been bought by Jesus blood--rev 14 teaches-- 144,000 are bought. Which is truth?

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Kjw47......I'm sorry my friend...but you have told us nothin. :) Actually nothing of all. Wait you did tell us something....your interpretation.

That's your interpretation.........the whole purpose...lovenly of course so Arnie won't get mad at me :)

The whole purpose of this post is for you to share what you have been shown........not what you have been taught :)

Maybe a short or long testimony how you got yourself in this mess .........I'm being sincere....as if you were sitting across from me.

You don't even need one scripture to tell me what God/Jesus has done for you.

As you have seen..........since I've joined this place....I'm always jumping for joy 24/7 and can't shut up about all the things Jesus as done for me, my family, my firends, my dog...our livestock....endless.

so if ya see............MY BIG WORDS.......IT'S CAUSE I'M HAPPPY...HAPPY....HAPPY...

Like David dancin in the streets Naked....

Thank You Jesus for saving a wrech like me...I once was blind...but now I see
:)
Sorry Arnie for the big words...........but we Christians have something to shout about.
YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Plus I love all all the different font sizes, colors, smiley faces.....I do think we need more smiley faces though

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
RANDOR said:
Kjw47......I'm sorry my friend...but you have told us nothin. :) Actually nothing of all. Wait you did tell us something....your interpretation.

That's your interpretation.........the whole purpose...lovenly of course so Arnie won't get mad at me :)

The whole purpose of this post is for you to share what you have been shown........not what you have been taught :)

Maybe a short or long testimony how you got yourself in this mess .........I'm being sincere....as if you were sitting across from me.

You don't even need one scripture to tell me what God/Jesus has done for you.

As you have seen..........since I've joined this place....I'm always jumping for joy 24/7 and can't shut up about all the things Jesus as done for me, my family, my firends, my dog...our livestock....endless.

so if ya see............MY BIG WORDS.......IT'S CAUSE I'M HAPPPY...HAPPY....HAPPY...

Like David dancin in the streets Naked....

Thank You Jesus for saving a wrech like me...I once was blind...but now I see
:)
Sorry Arnie for the big words...........but we Christians have something to shout about.
YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Plus I love all all the different font sizes, colors, smiley faces.....I do think we need more smiley faces though

You made a grave error---not my interpretation--Jesus' teachers interpretation.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
I know my bad :)...............I was just thinking out loud that Jesus died for all man kind...past, present and future. So His blood was spilt, spread, poured out and ran along the ground for you and me.

But hey...I'm sure ya got a scripture you've turned around to tell us that is not true :)

You guys are worse than the lost tribes of Brazil.

At least they burned their totum poles down after they heard the good news of Jesus Christ. They all fell down came up raising there hands to the air and some spoke in different lanquages.....and that's all it took..........TRUE STORY..........And it it is still going on today this very second your eyes are reading this post.......you guys better get on a plane and get over there with all your scriptures you don't want to lose the uga muga tribes to people like us :)

I'm sure you have a scripture to say that isn't right....Not only do we study and glorify the scriptures...WE LIVE AND EXPERIENCE THEM :) yEEEEEEEEEEhAAAAAAAAAA GOD iS GOOD :)

RANDOR <------------ I'M NOT AROUND...I GET AROUND :)

You JW's seem fairly intellegent :) why on earth would you fall for all of this? Just Sayin.....

Jehovah's Witnesses Christian or Cult?
Jehovah's Witnesses, also known as the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society (with headquarters in Brooklyn, New York), was officially founded in 1884 [as the Zion's Watch Tower and Tract Society (originally the Zion's Watch Tower in 1879), officially adopting the name of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1931], by Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916). In 1870, Russell was exposed to the teachings of William Miller, one of the founders of the Second Adventist Movement and acquired an interest in end time prophecies. Russell originally denied the doctrine of Hell, and would go on to reject nearly every other Christian doctrine, as well as add many physically and spiritually dangerous doctrines of his own making. Many of these unique and bizarre teachings were to be found in his six volume series titled, Studies in the Scriptures.
For the year 2000, the Watchtower Society claims a worldwide membership of over six million (about one million U.S.) in more than 91,000 congregations in 235 countries speaking 340 languages, and takes in approximately 300,000 new members each year (288,907 in 2000). According to JW statistics, yearly proselytizing is accomplished via 4.8 million home Bible studies and 1.2 billion hours of witnessing. The JWs field over 500,000 full and part-time missionaries. Instruction and training are provided for all JWs at five meetings a week, held primarily in "Kingdom Halls." Every week, an average of 45 new JW congregations are formed. [[SIZE=12pt]In the year 2000 in the United States alone, it was reported that 988,000 Jehovah's Witnesses spent more than 181 million hours in field service (i.e., door-to-door witnessing and Bible studies).][/SIZE]

JW leadership claims its victims by asserting itself to be the sole Christian religion and authority on the earth today, as well as God's mouthpiece or prophet. The Watchtower further disrupts families through its harsh and unbiblical interpretation of "disfellowshipping" and the practice of "shunning." Family members who are former JWs are labeled by Watchtower adherents as "apostates" and prevented from even social contact. Disfellowshipped or disassociated children, parents, and grandparents are kept from any type of communication with active members of the organization. Divorces are common within the sect when one member becomes disillusioned with Watchtower teaching and mind-control.

Not only has the name of this cult been changed time and again, but they also change their doctrines regularly -- between 1917 and 1928, they changed their doctrines 148 times! (Prior to 1931, Jehovah's Witnesses had also gone by the names of Millennial Dawn, People's Pulpit Association, The Brooklyn Tabernacle, and the International Bible Students Association.) Russell died in 1916 and was replaced by the second president, Joseph F. Rutherford. "A process of replacing Russell's writings with Rutherford's began in 1921 with the publication of Rutherford's Harp of God. Between 1921 and 1941, Rutherford was to write twenty books and numerous pamphlets, which would slowly revise the doctrine and structure left him by Russell" (Encyclopedia of American Religions, G. Melton, Vol. 1, p. 485). One of Rutherford's books that caused a great amount of controversy was the seventh volume of the Studies in the Scriptures.

Russell adopted many of his doctrines from the Seventh-Day Adventists, but the JWs began to emphasize door-to-door evangelism and literature distribution after Russell's death and subsequent leadership assumption by Joseph Franklin Rutherford. The JWs have published over ten billion pieces of literature since 1928. Its main periodicals are The Watchtower magazine (circulation of over 20 million in more than 130 languages) and Awake! (about 16 million copies in more than 80 languages), both published semi-monthly.

Historically, the JWs are best known for their practices of refusing: (1) to serve in the military; (2) to salute the flag; (3) to celebrate Christmas, birthdays, or other holidays; and (4) to give or to accept blood transfusions. [Rejecting the medical practices of vaccinations, organ transplants, and blood transfusions, the Watchtower has caused the deaths of many of its members throughout its history. Interestingly, vaccinations and organ transplants have now been acknowledged by the Watchtower as acceptable practices, contradicting their previous doctrinal position.] (Although some of these practices are neither Biblical nor unbiblical in and of themselves, depending upon one's motives and the exact nature of the practice, the reasons the JWs give for them often are unbiblical.)
Below are the highlights of what JWs believe concerning their source of authority, the Godhead, Christ, sin, salvation, heaven and hell, etc.:

1. Source of Authority. JWs claim the Bible as their final authority, but Russell's writings, especially Studies in the Scriptures, are considered "the light of the Scriptures." JWs have their own translation of the Scriptures (New World Translation, published in 1961), which reflects the binding interpretations of the group's leaders. The JWs' New World Translation greatly perverts the Scriptures to avoid placing themselves under the judgment of God (cf. Jn. 1:1; 8:58; I Tim. 2:6; Ac. 10:36; Col. 1:16-17; 2:9-10; etc.). Hence, the leader's interpretation of the Bible, not the Bible itself, is the final authority of JWs. The Watchtower magazine is one of the JWs main sources of doctrine, and is considered authoritative by its members.

2. Trinity. JWs believe that God is not a triune God, but only "Jehovah God" (Let God Be True, pp. 100-101); they teach that Trinitarianism is a belief in three gods, and thereby, Satan-inspired polytheism. Rutherford wrote: "... sincere persons who want to know the true God and serve him find it a bit difficult to love and worship a complicated, freakish-looking, three-headed God. The clergy who inject such ideas will contradict themselves in the very next breath by stating that God made man in his own image; for certainly no one has ever seen a three-headed human creature" (Let God Be True, 2nd ed., pp. 101-102).
3. God the Father. Known as Jehovah, the Watchtower considers Him to be the only true eternal God, the Almighty. They write, "There was, therefore, a time when Jehovah was all alone in universal space" (Let God Be True, p. 25). Being alone, the first creative act of Jehovah was to create His Son.

4. Jesus Christ. Since JWs do not believe in the Trinity, they also do not believe that Jesus is God in the flesh. They add the word "other" four times to Colossians 1:16,17, teaching that Christ was God's first creation, i.e., the reincarnation of Michael the archangel created by Jehovah, rather than the Creator. [The "Watchtower" teaches that Jehovah God created Michael the Archangel before the foundation of the world; Michael was His only begotten son by virtue of the fact that he was the only creature directly created by Jehovah. It was this created Michael who became the JW Jesus (i.e., a denial of the eternality of Christ). JWs say that "Since actual conception took place, it appears that Jehovah God caused an ovum or egg in Mary's womb to become fertile, accomplishing this by the transfer of the life of his first born son (Michael) from the spirit realm to the earth" (Aid to Bible Understanding, p. 920). "Marvelously, Jehovah transferred the life-force and the personality pattern of his first born heavenly son (Michael) to the womb of Mary. God's own active force, his holy spirit, safeguarded the development of the child in Mary's womb so that what was born was a perfect human" (Reasoning, p. 255).] JWs also add an "a" in John 1:1, making the verse read, "the Word was a god" (which in essence, makes the JWs guilty of the same polytheism of which they accuse Trinitarians).

5. Use of Name Jehovah. JWs use the name "Jehovah" only for God (in order to distinguish between God and Jesus Christ), while failing to recognize that Jesus is the fulfillment of "Jehovah" in Isaiah 40:3 and Matthew 3:3. [HJB]

6. Resurrection of Christ . JWs deny the bodily resurrection of Christ through their teaching that the body of Christ was annihilated by God -- not risen -- but rather a new one was created three days after His death. This they call the "resurrection" of Christ. Thus, Jesus was "resurrected" as a "glorious spirit creature" and does not now have a glorified physical body. Instead, they claim Jesus arose spiritually and only "materialized" at various times after His resurrection so He could be seen alive. (Awake!, 7/22/73, p. 4)

7. The Holy Spirit. JWs deny the deity of the third person of the Trinity, as either God or as a person; they claim that the Holy Spirit is only an impersonal "active force of Almighty God which moves His servants to do His will" (Reasoning From the Scriptures, pp. 406-407; The Watchtower, 6/1/54, p. 24). They have written, "But the holy spirit has no personal name. The reason for this is that the holy spirit is not an intelligent person. It is the impersonal, invisible active force that finds its source and reservoir in Jehovah God and that he uses to accomplish his will even at great distances, over light years of space" (Let Your Name Be Sanctified, p. 269).

8. Sin. JWs believe that the first man, Adam, disobeyed Jehovah when tempted by the angel Lucifer, who was jealous of man. As a result of disobedience, Adam and all his descendants lost the right to life and so became liable to death. This liability is applied to temporal death only.

9. Salvation . JWs claim everlasting life is a reward for doing the will of God and carrying out one's dedication -- in other words, salvation is a reward for good works. (JWs are expected to spend five hours per week in door-to-door visitation and witnessing, are responsible for selling twelve subscriptions to The Watchtower magazine each month, and are responsible for conducting a "Bible study" each month in the homes of their converts.) According to JW theology, a person has one of three possible destinies. The Anointed (144,000) will be in heaven to reign with Jehovah God. The rest of the faithful Jehovah's Witnesses (not of the 144,000) will live forever on a paradise Earth. Both of these classifications are determined to a great extent on membership in the Watchtower organization as well as going door-to-door spreading the message of the Watchtower. Those people who are not members of the Watchtower organization will be destroyed by Jehovah God and cease to exist. There is no concept of eternal punishment or hell in Watchtower theology (Let God Be True, pp. 90-95, 289). They also believe that men will have a second chance, after death, to be saved.
10. The Body of Christ. JWs believe that the members of the spiritual Body of Christ, or "Christian Congregation," number only 144,000 (Rev. 7:4-8). Most of those members of Christ's Body are now deceased and are reigning with Jesus in heaven since 1918. (Anybody born after 1936 cannot be in that number.) The remaining members still on earth, approximately 8,000 (out of whom are selected the "Governing Body"), are known as the "Remnant." They are collectively known as Jehovah God's "channel of communication" to men. They are the only ones "born again" and are the only ones who have a hope of going to Heaven. The rest of Jehovah's faithful witnesses only hope to be worthy enough to inherit the Earth, and will never see "Jesus/Michael," nor will they ever go to Heaven. All "so called Christendom" will be destroyed at Armageddon.
11. Soul Sleep. JWs deny the immortality of the soul. They do not believe the soul can exist apart from the body, but that a corpse remains in an unconscious state in the grave waiting for the resurrection. [HJB]

12. Annihilation of the Wicked. JWs teach that the "second death" is annihilation and extinction -- the wicked will cease to exist and will not suffer everlasting torment. They claim that a "doctrine of a burning hell" is "wholly unscriptural," "unreasonable," "contrary to God's love," and "repugnant to justice." [HJB] They claim that "hell" is the grave.

13. Prophecy . The Bible lists six identifying marks of false prophets, any one of which is sufficient for identification: (1) through signs and wonders they lead astray after false gods (Dt. 13:1-4); (2) their prophecies don't come to pass (Dt. 18:20-22); (3) they contradict God's Word (Isa. 8:20); (4) they bear bad fruit (Mt. 7:18-20); (5) men speak well of them (Lk. 6:26); and (6) they deny that Jesus, the one and only Christ, has come once and for all in the flesh (1 Jn. 4:3), thereby denying His sufficiency in all matters of life and godliness (2 Pe. 1:3). Most cults are founded upon false prophecies, which, if pointed out, offer an effective way to open blind eyes and rescue cultists. Russell's false prophecies formed the basis for what became The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and the Jehovah's Witnesses. Russell declared that the Second Coming had taken place invisibly in October 1874, and the Lord was truly present, and that in 1914 the faithful (the 144,000) would be translated to heaven and the wicked destroyed. Armageddon (which began in 1874) would culminate in 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's rulers and the end of the world. C.T. Russell, still on earth, died in 1916.

In the early 1920s, JWs zealously distributed on the streets and from door to door a book titled Millions Now Living Will Never Die. It was prophesied, "The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914 ... we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old ... to the condition of human perfection" ("Millions Now Living Will Never Die," The Watchtower, 7/15/24, p. 89). The JWs even built a house in San Diego where the patriarchs were to live and tried to deed it to King David. (The house was quietly sold in 1954.) In the early 1940s, JWs were declaring that Armageddon, only months away, would end World War II and the defeat of the Nazis would usher in God's rule on earth (The Watchtower, 12/41). Their book, Children, suggested that plans to marry and have children be postponed until after Armageddon. It's been a long wait! Not giving up, they later prophesied that God's millennial kingdom would commence in 1975. Again JWs were told not to engage in any plans for this world, including marriage and having children. Many quit their jobs, sold their homes, and dedicated themselves to going door to door. (Source: 3/97, The Berean Call.) All in all, the Watchtower has predicted the end of the world for 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, and 1989. ACTUALLY THIS IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T YA THINK? COME ON GUYS..REALLY??? Lets stop for a moment....just a suggestion here...but since you don't believe in hell...and let me tell you hell is very real my friends...but we won't go into that right now. But think......what if...satan has started this religion if you may to keep your eyes blinded as to what is really the truth. And get this..........he's telling you that same thing about us. The scriptures you all use on the Christians..make no sense to us...remember that....they don't compute....natha....nothing there.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
Randor,

I love your zeal man and you lift my heart a lot of the time. I can feel your enthusiasm through my computer screen.

The only thing I have to take exception to is what seems to be a consistent lack of understanding about why we use the scriptures over and over even though it seems we are "beating against the wind".

The major defining factor is that my words have never changed anyone. God's word has changed countless millions! :D I will keep telling people what He has said.

I consider you my brother in Christ with a different set of abilities and gifts, I don't understand your method a lot of times because our GREAT God has given me a different set of abilities from you. Please don't ask me to stop using the abilities God has given me...I will never ask that of you.

Your brother in Christ (and I actually can't wait to meet you there :) )

SL

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
SL .what a great compliment..............I feel your joy also......it's like Jesus and John in the womb.

I BE JUMPIN FOR JOY AT YOUR WORDS.

Keep up the fight........................WE BE FISHIN :)

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
RANDOR

kjw47 could get kicked out and banned and disfellowshiped and shunned from the JW's if he got caught studying the truth

The JW's have always relied on mind control and fear to keep them obedient

It is terrifying for them to even consider they have been taught things that are not true

Because after all they have been convinced that they alone have the truth , and Christians are wrong

They are out of options so they remain within the comforts of the JW mind and thought control

Thats how to control people.

Tactics of a cult .

But the cult members can never understand that.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
RANDOR

kjw47 could get kicked out and banned and disfellowshiped and shunned from the JW's if he got caught studying the truth

The JW's have always relied on mind control and fear to keep them obedient

It is terrifying for them to even consider they have been taught things that are not true

Because after all they have been convinced that they alone have the truth , and Christians are wrong

They are out of options so they remain within the comforts of the JW mind and thought control

Thats how to control people.

Tactics of a cult .

But the cult members can never understand that.
'
Mind control and fear--is not truth--a liars truth-- every JW I know--excercises free will and chooses to listen to the JW teachers--Why? because they learned Jesus' truths and can easily see the JW teachers are the only ones teaching them.
The disunified mass of confusion trinity religions( 1 cor 1:10) are the true cults--they refuse to teach Jesus' truths. It exposes their lies. It also exposes the errors in their translations. But some ear tickling lying teacher of darkness told them they were saved--so nothing else matters.
RANDOR said:
I know my bad :)...............I was just thinking out loud that Jesus died for all man kind...past, present and future. So His blood was spilt, spread, poured out and ran along the ground for you and me.

But hey...I'm sure ya got a scripture you've turned around to tell us that is not true :)

You guys are worse than the lost tribes of Brazil.

At least they burned their totum poles down after they heard the good news of Jesus Christ. They all fell down came up raising there hands to the air and some spoke in different lanquages.....and that's all it took..........TRUE STORY..........And it it is still going on today this very second your eyes are reading this post.......you guys better get on a plane and get over there with all your scriptures you don't want to lose the uga muga tribes to people like us :)

I'm sure you have a scripture to say that isn't right....Not only do we study and glorify the scriptures...WE LIVE AND EXPERIENCE THEM :) yEEEEEEEEEEhAAAAAAAAAA GOD iS GOOD :)

RANDOR <------------ I'M NOT AROUND...I GET AROUND :)

You JW's seem fairly intellegent :) why on earth would you fall for all of this? Just Sayin.....

Jehovah's Witnesses Christian or Cult?
Jehovah's Witnesses, also known as the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society (with headquarters in Brooklyn, New York), was officially founded in 1884 [as the Zion's Watch Tower and Tract Society (originally the Zion's Watch Tower in 1879), officially adopting the name of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1931], by Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916). In 1870, Russell was exposed to the teachings of William Miller, one of the founders of the Second Adventist Movement and acquired an interest in end time prophecies. Russell originally denied the doctrine of Hell, and would go on to reject nearly every other Christian doctrine, as well as add many physically and spiritually dangerous doctrines of his own making. Many of these unique and bizarre teachings were to be found in his six volume series titled, Studies in the Scriptures.
For the year 2000, the Watchtower Society claims a worldwide membership of over six million (about one million U.S.) in more than 91,000 congregations in 235 countries speaking 340 languages, and takes in approximately 300,000 new members each year (288,907 in 2000). According to JW statistics, yearly proselytizing is accomplished via 4.8 million home Bible studies and 1.2 billion hours of witnessing. The JWs field over 500,000 full and part-time missionaries. Instruction and training are provided for all JWs at five meetings a week, held primarily in "Kingdom Halls." Every week, an average of 45 new JW congregations are formed. [[SIZE=12pt]In the year 2000 in the United States alone, it was reported that 988,000 Jehovah's Witnesses spent more than 181 million hours in field service (i.e., door-to-door witnessing and Bible studies).][/SIZE]

JW leadership claims its victims by asserting itself to be the sole Christian religion and authority on the earth today, as well as God's mouthpiece or prophet. The Watchtower further disrupts families through its harsh and unbiblical interpretation of "disfellowshipping" and the practice of "shunning." Family members who are former JWs are labeled by Watchtower adherents as "apostates" and prevented from even social contact. Disfellowshipped or disassociated children, parents, and grandparents are kept from any type of communication with active members of the organization. Divorces are common within the sect when one member becomes disillusioned with Watchtower teaching and mind-control.

Not only has the name of this cult been changed time and again, but they also change their doctrines regularly -- between 1917 and 1928, they changed their doctrines 148 times! (Prior to 1931, Jehovah's Witnesses had also gone by the names of Millennial Dawn, People's Pulpit Association, The Brooklyn Tabernacle, and the International Bible Students Association.) Russell died in 1916 and was replaced by the second president, Joseph F. Rutherford. "A process of replacing Russell's writings with Rutherford's began in 1921 with the publication of Rutherford's Harp of God. Between 1921 and 1941, Rutherford was to write twenty books and numerous pamphlets, which would slowly revise the doctrine and structure left him by Russell" (Encyclopedia of American Religions, G. Melton, Vol. 1, p. 485). One of Rutherford's books that caused a great amount of controversy was the seventh volume of the Studies in the Scriptures.

Russell adopted many of his doctrines from the Seventh-Day Adventists, but the JWs began to emphasize door-to-door evangelism and literature distribution after Russell's death and subsequent leadership assumption by Joseph Franklin Rutherford. The JWs have published over ten billion pieces of literature since 1928. Its main periodicals are The Watchtower magazine (circulation of over 20 million in more than 130 languages) and Awake! (about 16 million copies in more than 80 languages), both published semi-monthly.

Historically, the JWs are best known for their practices of refusing: (1) to serve in the military; (2) to salute the flag; (3) to celebrate Christmas, birthdays, or other holidays; and (4) to give or to accept blood transfusions. [Rejecting the medical practices of vaccinations, organ transplants, and blood transfusions, the Watchtower has caused the deaths of many of its members throughout its history. Interestingly, vaccinations and organ transplants have now been acknowledged by the Watchtower as acceptable practices, contradicting their previous doctrinal position.] (Although some of these practices are neither Biblical nor unbiblical in and of themselves, depending upon one's motives and the exact nature of the practice, the reasons the JWs give for them often are unbiblical.)
Below are the highlights of what JWs believe concerning their source of authority, the Godhead, Christ, sin, salvation, heaven and hell, etc.:

1. Source of Authority. JWs claim the Bible as their final authority, but Russell's writings, especially Studies in the Scriptures, are considered "the light of the Scriptures." JWs have their own translation of the Scriptures (New World Translation, published in 1961), which reflects the binding interpretations of the group's leaders. The JWs' New World Translation greatly perverts the Scriptures to avoid placing themselves under the judgment of God (cf. Jn. 1:1; 8:58; I Tim. 2:6; Ac. 10:36; Col. 1:16-17; 2:9-10; etc.). Hence, the leader's interpretation of the Bible, not the Bible itself, is the final authority of JWs. The Watchtower magazine is one of the JWs main sources of doctrine, and is considered authoritative by its members.

2. Trinity. JWs believe that God is not a triune God, but only "Jehovah God" (Let God Be True, pp. 100-101); they teach that Trinitarianism is a belief in three gods, and thereby, Satan-inspired polytheism. Rutherford wrote: "... sincere persons who want to know the true God and serve him find it a bit difficult to love and worship a complicated, freakish-looking, three-headed God. The clergy who inject such ideas will contradict themselves in the very next breath by stating that God made man in his own image; for certainly no one has ever seen a three-headed human creature" (Let God Be True, 2nd ed., pp. 101-102).
3. God the Father. Known as Jehovah, the Watchtower considers Him to be the only true eternal God, the Almighty. They write, "There was, therefore, a time when Jehovah was all alone in universal space" (Let God Be True, p. 25). Being alone, the first creative act of Jehovah was to create His Son.

4. Jesus Christ. Since JWs do not believe in the Trinity, they also do not believe that Jesus is God in the flesh. They add the word "other" four times to Colossians 1:16,17, teaching that Christ was God's first creation, i.e., the reincarnation of Michael the archangel created by Jehovah, rather than the Creator. [The "Watchtower" teaches that Jehovah God created Michael the Archangel before the foundation of the world; Michael was His only begotten son by virtue of the fact that he was the only creature directly created by Jehovah. It was this created Michael who became the JW Jesus (i.e., a denial of the eternality of Christ). JWs say that "Since actual conception took place, it appears that Jehovah God caused an ovum or egg in Mary's womb to become fertile, accomplishing this by the transfer of the life of his first born son (Michael) from the spirit realm to the earth" (Aid to Bible Understanding, p. 920). "Marvelously, Jehovah transferred the life-force and the personality pattern of his first born heavenly son (Michael) to the womb of Mary. God's own active force, his holy spirit, safeguarded the development of the child in Mary's womb so that what was born was a perfect human" (Reasoning, p. 255).] JWs also add an "a" in John 1:1, making the verse read, "the Word was a god" (which in essence, makes the JWs guilty of the same polytheism of which they accuse Trinitarians).

5. Use of Name Jehovah. JWs use the name "Jehovah" only for God (in order to distinguish between God and Jesus Christ), while failing to recognize that Jesus is the fulfillment of "Jehovah" in Isaiah 40:3 and Matthew 3:3. [HJB]

6. Resurrection of Christ . JWs deny the bodily resurrection of Christ through their teaching that the body of Christ was annihilated by God -- not risen -- but rather a new one was created three days after His death. This they call the "resurrection" of Christ. Thus, Jesus was "resurrected" as a "glorious spirit creature" and does not now have a glorified physical body. Instead, they claim Jesus arose spiritually and only "materialized" at various times after His resurrection so He could be seen alive. (Awake!, 7/22/73, p. 4)

7. The Holy Spirit. JWs deny the deity of the third person of the Trinity, as either God or as a person; they claim that the Holy Spirit is only an impersonal "active force of Almighty God which moves His servants to do His will" (Reasoning From the Scriptures, pp. 406-407; The Watchtower, 6/1/54, p. 24). They have written, "But the holy spirit has no personal name. The reason for this is that the holy spirit is not an intelligent person. It is the impersonal, invisible active force that finds its source and reservoir in Jehovah God and that he uses to accomplish his will even at great distances, over light years of space" (Let Your Name Be Sanctified, p. 269).

8. Sin. JWs believe that the first man, Adam, disobeyed Jehovah when tempted by the angel Lucifer, who was jealous of man. As a result of disobedience, Adam and all his descendants lost the right to life and so became liable to death. This liability is applied to temporal death only.

9. Salvation . JWs claim everlasting life is a reward for doing the will of God and carrying out one's dedication -- in other words, salvation is a reward for good works. (JWs are expected to spend five hours per week in door-to-door visitation and witnessing, are responsible for selling twelve subscriptions to The Watchtower magazine each month, and are responsible for conducting a "Bible study" each month in the homes of their converts.) According to JW theology, a person has one of three possible destinies. The Anointed (144,000) will be in heaven to reign with Jehovah God. The rest of the faithful Jehovah's Witnesses (not of the 144,000) will live forever on a paradise Earth. Both of these classifications are determined to a great extent on membership in the Watchtower organization as well as going door-to-door spreading the message of the Watchtower. Those people who are not members of the Watchtower organization will be destroyed by Jehovah God and cease to exist. There is no concept of eternal punishment or hell in Watchtower theology (Let God Be True, pp. 90-95, 289). They also believe that men will have a second chance, after death, to be saved.
10. The Body of Christ. JWs believe that the members of the spiritual Body of Christ, or "Christian Congregation," number only 144,000 (Rev. 7:4-8). Most of those members of Christ's Body are now deceased and are reigning with Jesus in heaven since 1918. (Anybody born after 1936 cannot be in that number.) The remaining members still on earth, approximately 8,000 (out of whom are selected the "Governing Body"), are known as the "Remnant." They are collectively known as Jehovah God's "channel of communication" to men. They are the only ones "born again" and are the only ones who have a hope of going to Heaven. The rest of Jehovah's faithful witnesses only hope to be worthy enough to inherit the Earth, and will never see "Jesus/Michael," nor will they ever go to Heaven. All "so called Christendom" will be destroyed at Armageddon.
11. Soul Sleep. JWs deny the immortality of the soul. They do not believe the soul can exist apart from the body, but that a corpse remains in an unconscious state in the grave waiting for the resurrection. [HJB]

12. Annihilation of the Wicked. JWs teach that the "second death" is annihilation and extinction -- the wicked will cease to exist and will not suffer everlasting torment. They claim that a "doctrine of a burning hell" is "wholly unscriptural," "unreasonable," "contrary to God's love," and "repugnant to justice." [HJB] They claim that "hell" is the grave.

13. Prophecy . The Bible lists six identifying marks of false prophets, any one of which is sufficient for identification: (1) through signs and wonders they lead astray after false gods (Dt. 13:1-4); (2) their prophecies don't come to pass (Dt. 18:20-22); (3) they contradict God's Word (Isa. 8:20); (4) they bear bad fruit (Mt. 7:18-20); (5) men speak well of them (Lk. 6:26); and (6) they deny that Jesus, the one and only Christ, has come once and for all in the flesh (1 Jn. 4:3), thereby denying His sufficiency in all matters of life and godliness (2 Pe. 1:3). Most cults are founded upon false prophecies, which, if pointed out, offer an effective way to open blind eyes and rescue cultists. Russell's false prophecies formed the basis for what became The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and the Jehovah's Witnesses. Russell declared that the Second Coming had taken place invisibly in October 1874, and the Lord was truly present, and that in 1914 the faithful (the 144,000) would be translated to heaven and the wicked destroyed. Armageddon (which began in 1874) would culminate in 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's rulers and the end of the world. C.T. Russell, still on earth, died in 1916.

In the early 1920s, JWs zealously distributed on the streets and from door to door a book titled Millions Now Living Will Never Die. It was prophesied, "The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914 ... we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old ... to the condition of human perfection" ("Millions Now Living Will Never Die," The Watchtower, 7/15/24, p. 89). The JWs even built a house in San Diego where the patriarchs were to live and tried to deed it to King David. (The house was quietly sold in 1954.) In the early 1940s, JWs were declaring that Armageddon, only months away, would end World War II and the defeat of the Nazis would usher in God's rule on earth (The Watchtower, 12/41). Their book, Children, suggested that plans to marry and have children be postponed until after Armageddon. It's been a long wait! Not giving up, they later prophesied that God's millennial kingdom would commence in 1975. Again JWs were told not to engage in any plans for this world, including marriage and having children. Many quit their jobs, sold their homes, and dedicated themselves to going door to door. (Source: 3/97, The Berean Call.) All in all, the Watchtower has predicted the end of the world for 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, and 1989. ACTUALLY THIS IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T YA THINK? COME ON GUYS..REALLY??? Lets stop for a moment....just a suggestion here...but since you don't believe in hell...and let me tell you hell is very real my friends...but we won't go into that right now. But think......what if...satan has started this religion if you may to keep your eyes blinded as to what is really the truth. And get this..........he's telling you that same thing about us. The scriptures you all use on the Christians..make no sense to us...remember that....they don't compute....natha....nothing there.

Your post is really sad-- I know 100% fact---every human that actually knows God--knows its impossible for an eternal place of suffering to be a reality---

Did anybody catch this earlier this year---- The Vatican( great apostasy--real cults) sent up 2 doves for lent--God sent 2 huge birds and killed both doves showing the world his dis pleasure with these lying teachjers of darkness--the true cults = a disunified mass of confusion( 1 cor 1:10)-- all of these religionssssssssssss reject Jesus' truths.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
kjw47 said:
You just told 2 billion mortals they have been bought by Jesus blood--rev 14 teaches-- 144,000 are bought. Which is truth?
But JW's believe all can be bought. Just 144 000 will reign in Heaven with Jesus. The rest have salvation on Earth. I would think 144 000 is too much to reign considering God saved Noah and His family only :).

But I am confused though. Does the question of God's partiality not hit home hard? What is the difference between one Psalm 51:17 heart and spirit over anothers?
Randor, good post # 7!! Thanks for the effort (unless you copied / pasted ^_^).

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
KingJ said:
But JW's believe all can be bought. Just 144 000 will reign in Heaven with Jesus. The rest have salvation on Earth. I would think 144 000 is too much to reign considering God saved Noah and His family only :).

But I am confused though. Does the question of God's partiality not hit home hard? What is the difference between one Psalm 51:17 heart and spirit over anothers?

Randor, good post # 7!! Thanks for the effort (unless you copied / pasted ^_^).

One obvious difference--- the writer of psalms--served the true God and lived to do his will.

Billions will be resurrected to judgement-- these( 144,000) will be helping Jesus.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
kjw47 said:
'
Mind control and fear--is not truth--a liars truth-- every JW I know--excercises free will and chooses to listen to the JW teachers--Why? because they learned Jesus' truths and can easily see the JW teachers are the only ones teaching them.
The disunified mass of confusion trinity religions( 1 cor 1:10) are the true cults--they refuse to teach Jesus' truths. It exposes their lies. It also exposes the errors in their translations. But some ear tickling lying teacher of darkness told them they were saved--so nothing else matters.

Your post is really sad-- I know 100% fact---every human that actually knows God--knows its impossible for an eternal place of suffering to be a reality---

Did anybody catch this earlier this year---- The Vatican( great apostasy--real cults) sent up 2 doves for lent--God sent 2 huge birds and killed both doves showing the world his dis pleasure with these lying teachjers of darkness--the true cults = a disunified mass of confusion( 1 cor 1:10)-- all of these religionssssssssssss reject Jesus' truths.
KJW47...Sorry buddy...then they don't know God....they only know of him..they've studied and studied and studied....and ooooooops!!! they failed.

KJW47...EXAMPLE...........I don't KJW47 I can only read what he thinks.....so I form my own opinion of KJW47. I've never met KJW47.....

KJW47....come on aren't ya a little bit curious if Jesus is who He sayz He is ?

Me thinks you've been hangin out at the kingdom hall way to long...you need to get out more.

Come on over to my house....we will take a trip together........leave your bible at home, wipe your mind of all those scriptures you've relied on all this time.

I will show you demons cast out of individuals, then we will go over and heal the sick, and maybe pick up a few souls along the way.

Once you see these things for yourself with your physical eyes you won't be telling people there is no hell anymore......

Quit reading about God.........get out there and see Him.....then and only then...will these scriptures you hold so dear to you make sense.

Sorry dude...but God is not only in that book.........He's out here with us doin damage to the devil.

POWER ....WHERE'S YOUR POWER.?
Jesus I know...Paul I know.......but who are you

Reactions: laid renard

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Gee Arnie.........I don't understand. You can spar with these guys all ya want I suppose. But why not show them God instead.
They have never experienced God's true miracles, they have never been touched by God.
Show them, tell them, share with them what Jesus has done in your life.

A Christian man putting another God fearing man on ignore....now that is a first.

Preach the gospel at all times....and if needed...use words (scriptures).

Arnie Quote::RANDOR::Your attention-getting tactics are like a cheap flyer on a super market floor.
There ya go Mr. and Mrs. JW....I would chaulk that one up to a victory for your side :)

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
RANDOR said:
KJW47...Sorry buddy...then they don't know God....they only know of him..they've studied and studied and studied....and ooooooops!!! they failed.

KJW47...EXAMPLE...........I don't KJW47 I can only read what he thinks.....so I form my own opinion of KJW47. I've never met KJW47.....

KJW47....come on aren't ya a little bit curious if Jesus is who He sayz He is ?

Me thinks you've been hangin out at the kingdom hall way to long...you need to get out more.

Come on over to my house....we will take a trip together........leave your bible at home, wipe your mind of all those scriptures you've relied on all this time.

I will show you demons cast out of individuals, then we will go over and heal the sick, and maybe pick up a few souls along the way.

Once you see these things for yourself with your physical eyes you won't be telling people there is no hell anymore......

Quit reading about God.........get out there and see Him.....then and only then...will these scriptures you hold so dear to you make sense.

Sorry dude...but God is not only in that book.........He's out here with us doin damage to the devil.

POWER ....WHERE'S YOUR POWER.?
Jesus I know...Paul I know.......but who are you

You don't know me do you. -- I spent years studying Gods word from all different sources--checked into many different religions teachings---Jesus' truths point to the JW teachers--that is 100% fact. How did you miss that--Do you know Jesus' truths?
Gods perfectly balanced justice scales--make an eternal place of suffering an impossibility--one needs to actually know God to know that fact. Jesus--remember him and his truth---those who walk the broad and spacious path will be destroyed---not given eternal life to suffer.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
KJW47....hope your day is going fine. No...I don't know you. You say you have spent years studying all different sources.

You ask me if I know Jesus's truths.

Yes I do.........I've actually met Jesus in my garage with gun to my head. Didn't have to study one thing...not one thing.

All I had to do is call on His name.

Granted at the time I only new of God, knew there was a God.....but that was the jest of it.

But when I called On Jesus to save me.....because I really didn't want to kill myself......and I called out saying IF YOU ARE REAL, AND IF YOU SAY WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE PLEASE HELP ME.

I wish you could of been there KJW47....The glory and love of His presence was not of this air you breathe. :)

God does not want to be studied...He wants to be known.......then you can study about Him....because then you can't get enough of him.

It's so easy KJW47....why do you guys make it out to be some Scholarly thing.......come as a child.

And ya know what KJW47........I'm sorry to say this.....but some so called Christians are at fault here also. Not all Christians have met Christ...so they spar with you with scriptures and both of you never never never get anywhere.

You don't study many sources (religions or whatever) and say, "This one sounds good, I think I will go with this one".

No........There is only one...........the one since the beginning of the foundations

I keep asking where is the power.....as you can see......even one of my so called brothers at this forum has put me on ignore.

KJW47.............millions have met Christ personally.........He's alive....so why don't Christians treat Him that way.

Jesus is here right now listening to you and I.......God wants to be part of your life now....not just when you die.

The guy on the cross next to Jesus if he would of acted like this>>>>>>>>>Hey dude before you nod off....can I get some lessons maybe a few scriptures to convince me first before I ask you to remember me.

God Bless

Reactions: KingJ

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
kjw47 said:
You don't know me do you. -- I spent years studying Gods word from all different sources--checked into many different religions teachings---Jesus' truths point to the JW teachers--that is 100% fact.
The only thing that is 100% fact about that is that it is your opinion. Where does God's word say...."There will be JW teachers come along....only listen to them!"?

SL