Christians view on moral dilemmas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hans7

Sep 24, 2021
Czech Republic/Prague
Faith
Christian
Country
Czech Republic
Hello.

Can God create a situation in which a Christian has to face a moral dilemma and go for "the lesser sin"? (I.e. to choose the smaller evil) Or should the Christian look for a third alternative that he/she cannot see at that time, to do only good?

In Bible is written that the will of God for a life of a Christian is to abstain from every kind of evil.

But in life there are moral dilemmas..

Here is Google's definition of a dilemma: "a situation in which a difficult choice has to be made between two or more alternatives, especially ones that are equally undesirable"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello.

Can God create a situation in which a Christian has to face a moral dilemma and go for "the lesser sin"? (I.e. to choose the smaller evil) Or should the Christian look for a third alternative that he/she cannot see at that time, to do only good?

In Bible is written that the will of God for a life of a Christian is to abstain from every kind of evil.

But in life there are moral dilemmas..

Here is Google's definition of a dilemma: "a situation in which a difficult choice has to be made between two or more alternatives, especially ones that are equally undesirable"
Hi Hans7,

What is your thinking on this?

Much love!

hans7

Sep 24, 2021
Czech Republic/Prague
Faith
Christian
Country
Czech Republic
I have conducted a research already. There are dilemmas in life. Eg trolley problem, or Sophie's Choice.

I hope that there is a solution, I hope that we are here to only do good as Bible says.

But in both trolley problem and Sophie's Choice, if you do good to one, you do evil to the other...