Christophany of Christ in the O.T.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Where did Christ appear in the O.T. Please, include texts.
ah well “Christ” is a title, given to many rulers, the pharaohs were all “Christs,” so were the caesars, so in a sense Yah is also a Christ, but for the “sacrificial” aspect you might read the Esau story, where Christ appears as “red stew”

• Sad
Reactions: The Learner

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 33:
21 And the Lord said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. 22 So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. 23 Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.”

The Father and the Holy Spirit are completely invisible. The Word is the only one to be seen.

This shows you that anywhere that refers to exactly "the Angel of the Lord, it is referring to the theophany of Jesus, or as you call it His Christophany. There are too many to show. Just look up that exact phrase.
Exodus 3:
And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed.
So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed.
6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.
14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” 15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.

John 3:58

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: The Learner

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ah well “Christ” is a title, given to many rulers, the pharaohs were all “Christs,” so were the caesars, so in a sense Yah is also a Christ, but for the “sacrificial” aspect you might read the Esau story, where Christ appears as “red stew”
truth; “that thing you dont want to hear”

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are asking for a Compendium. But He first appeared in the Garden of Eden. But before that He was creating the universe in Genesis 1 & 2.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word Christ literally means anointed sir. There were several Christs throughout the Bible, but I believe you are referring to Jesus. His first mention was in the first recorded prophecy in the Bible found at Gen 3:15. Although not named, he is the seed that will crush satan out of existence. Ge 3:15 and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.