Christ's Birth - Sept. 11, 3 BC

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen. 1:14 tells us the sun, moon and stars are also used for signs. A constellation and a star (likely the planet Jupiter) were used by the Magi. According to a sign in the Heavens in Rev. 12:1,2 ( in which a this constellation appeared around Jesus Birth), Jesus was born on Sept. 11, 3 BC ... calculated to within a 81 minute window.
(Sunset @ 6:18PM and Moonset @ 7:39PM)
This would have been Tishri 1, The first day of the Feast of Trumpets;
The anniversary of the first day of Creation;
Also the Birthday of Noah.
This would mean Jesus was 33 1/2 years old if He was crucified in 31 AD.

It has always been a question when Jesus was really born. It could have been on a pagan holiday, to overshadow that holiday and erase it. But since the shepherds were tending to sheep that were grazing out in the fields, it probably didn't happen in winter. I guess they could have had a warm year. Sheep and cattle di sift through the snow to get at dead grass too, dont they? I don't know.
This study goes into detail about it.

When Was Jesus Christ Born? The Bible Says September 11, 3BC-The Day of the Feast of Trumpets

Last edited:
Reactions: liafailrock

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen. 1:14 tells us the sun, moon and stars are also used for signs. A constellation and a star (likely the planet Jupiter) were used by the Magi. According to a sign in the Heavens in Rev. 12:1,2 ( in which a this constellation appeared around Jesus Birth), Jesus was born on Sept. 11, 3 BC ... calculated to within a 81 minute window.
(Sunset @ 6:18PM and Moonset @ 7:39PM)
This would have been Tishri 1, The first day of the Feast of Trumpets;
The anniversary of the first day of Creation;
Also the Birthday of Noah.
This would mean Jesus was 33 1/2 years old if He was crucified in 31 AD.

It has always been a question when Jesus was really born. It could have been on a pagan holiday, to overshadow that holiday and erase it. But since the shepherds were tending to sheep that were grazing out in the fields, it probably didn't happen in winter. I guess they could have had a warm year. Sheep and cattle di sift through the snow to get at dead grass too, dont they? I don't know.
This study goes into detail about it.

When Was Jesus Christ Born? The Bible Says September 11, 3BC-The Day of the Feast of Trumpets

Well sorry to burst your bubble, but the "star" in heaven was not a star but most likely the shechinah glory of God! Stars do not travel east and then west, then north and do not hover over a certain place as this astral phenomena did!

We will not know the exact date of Jesus birth by our current western calender until we see Him, but knowing the day o fHis birth is an irrelancy . Knowing that He died and rose on days is what matters.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well sorry to burst your bubble, but the "star" in heaven was not a star but most likely the shechinah glory of God! Stars do not travel east and then west, then north and do not hover over a certain place as this astral phenomena did!
This is not my bubble, it is a constellation in the sky on a certain date (which have been observed as signs). I never said I was sure about this. I think it is plausible.
And yes, I know stars don't move independent from the galaxy and that is why some suggest it wasn't a star, but a planet. It could have been an angel too. Nevertheless, this rare convergence of stars, sun, moon and planets happened then, and recently on 9-23-2017. Jupiter is seen moving from outside Virgo, then entering her womb, circling around for nine months then leaving as if being birthed out.

Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3f/c3/a9/3fc3a9347519c614de3e7d937d7c967c.jpg

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would go with 4 BC and 30 AD. See the Chronology of the Old Testament by Martin Anstey. But early September fits right it.
Passover, Nisan 14, in 30 AD was on a Friday. That makes sense. It couldnt be in 31 AD, Nissan 14 was on a Wednesday.
Then I guess the next question is, do we know if Jesus was 33 1/2 years old when He was crucified? Only a Levite Priest was required to be 30 years old, Jesus wasn't..He was from the tribe of Judah, of the order of Melchizedek.
Well ... still processing. This is an unresolved question that the best minds couldn't figure.
Having in common Tishri 1, the day of creation, Noah's birthday and this sign in the Heavens seems more plausible than Dec. 25.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well sorry to burst your bubble, but the "star" in heaven was not a star but most likely the shechinah glory of God!
Since Matthew wrote by divine inspiration, and God told him to write "star" and not "glory", you really have no basis for claiming that the Star of Bethlehem was not a very special star. Indeed it was prophesied about 1,500 years before it appeared, therefore the magi were on the lookout for this special star.

I shall see Him, but not now: I shall behold Him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth. (Numbers 24:17)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Matthew wrote by divine inspiration, and God told him to write "star" and not "glory", you really have no basis for claiming that the Star of Bethlehem was not a very special star. Indeed it was prophesied about 1,500 years before it appeared, therefore the magi were on the lookout for this special star.

I shall see Him, but not now: I shall behold Him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth. (Numbers 24:17)
Angels are also called stars. Could have been angel. But then angels have always been identified and announced, why would this time be different?
Numbers 24:17 is actually a reference to the morning star, Jesus.
If it was God the Father. The shekinah glory, why say it was a star.
Another scholar claims that Herod did not die in 4 BC, that there was only a partial eclipse recorded during that time that wasn't visible. This scholar sites a different date for a total eclipse on Jan. 10, 1 BC - which was more likely the eclipse event tied to Herod's death.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Angels are also called stars. Could have been angel. But then angels have always been identified and announced, why would this time be different?
Exactly. Furthermore the magi were initially astrologers but at some point in time they became believers in the one true God, and no doubt had access to the Torah. So as astronomers they were looking for a special Star, and possibly even guided by God to do so. If we assume that they came from Persia or the far reaches of Arabia, it was still a long journey on camel back.

So they must have had a very firm conviction that this Star was connected with the birth of the one who was King of the Jews. The Star actually guided them on their journey, and had this been an angel, no doubt we would have been told that this was an angel. We should keep in mind that astronomy was far advanced at that time and had been for about 800 years before Christ.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not my bubble, it is a constellation in the sky on a certain date (which have been observed as signs). I never said I was sure about this. I think it is plausible.
And yes, I know stars don't move independent from the galaxy and that is why some suggest it wasn't a star, but a planet. It could have been an angel too. Nevertheless, this rare convergence of stars, sun, moon and planets happened then, and recently on 9-23-2017. Jupiter is seen moving from outside Virgo, then entering her womb, circling around for nine months then leaving as if being birthed out.

Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3f/c3/a9/3fc3a9347519c614de3e7d937d7c967c.jpg

I am concerned with us that we spend way too much time on these irrelevant issues. The fact this "star" led the magi to the house where Jesus was living tells us it is not a star. but the big issue is that it led the magi to worship Jesus!

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you believe a "star" ( our sun is but a small star) can move east-west, west- east, south -north, stop, and then hover over a particular house and not incerate the planet?

I fully agree this was a heavenly apparition. And God can do anything. But a luminous body would be called a star in that day. they did not have meteors, comets, asteroids etc.etc. they di dnot understand the science of stars etc. But it is of little consquence, for it was a unique event that took place and it was not any normal star as we know stars.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am concerned with us that we spend way too much time on these irrelevant issues. The fact this "star" led the magi to the house where Jesus was living tells us it is not a star. but the big issue is that it led the magi to worship Jesus!
You don't have to spend any time with any issue they you feek is irrelevant.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to spend any time with any issue they you feek is irrelevant.

Let me ask you, of what spiritual significance is it to spend all the hours you did to try to pin down within 81 minutes according to you when Christ was born. Does it enhance your spirituality? Can you rely on everything written by everyone? How much time did you have to spend verifying what these others wrote? Other than knowing Jesus became man and was born will this minutae enhance your faith?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you believe a "star" ( our sun is but a small star) can move east-west, west- east, south -north, stop, and then hover over a particular house and not incerate the planet?
If you recall Joshua's long day, then why is it inconceivable that a special Bethlehem Star was created (or designated from among the millions) to move as a beacon? Those magi (wise men) from Persia or Arabia did not know the geography of Palestine, so how would they know how to travel from Iran to Jerusalem, and Jerusalem to Bethlehem?

JOSHUA'S LONG DAY: JOSHUA 10
12 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. 13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. 14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A constellation and a star (likely the planet Jupiter) were used by the Magi. According to a sign in the Heavens in Rev. 12:1,2 ( in which a this constellation appeared around Jesus Birth), Jesus was born on Sept. 11, 3 BC ... calculated to within a 81 minute window.

Matthew 2:9-11 KJV
9) When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
10) When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
11) And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

I've never understood how a star in the sky could stand over a particular house.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We will not know the exact date of Jesus birth by our current western calender until we see Him, but knowing the day o fHis birth is an irrelancy . Knowing that He died and rose on days is what matters.
I've gone through this research. There is this "retrograde" part where the earth's movement makes it look like the star's path reverses for a bit.

But I agree with you . . . a star in the night sky standing over a particular house? Just try it sometime! You move, and their apparent positions moves with you. It's the parallax. They are too far away.

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you recall Joshua's long day, then why is it inconceivable that a special Bethlehem Star was created (or designated from among the millions) to move as a beacon? Those magi (wise men) from Persia or Arabia did not know the geography of Palestine, so how would they know how to travel from Iran to Jerusalem, and Jerusalem to Bethlehem?

JOSHUA'S LONG DAY: JOSHUA 10
12 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. 13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. 14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

You are comparing apples to oranges. God can halt a day. but to take a star (remember our sun is a small star and thousands times larger than the earth), and have it hover over a specific house........

but:
Matt. 2:
9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

whatever this was- it was not a star in the astronomical sense. I accept the shecinah glory or even an angel, or even a special heavenly body that the magi were able to follow.

But also remember these wise men came from Persia and had archived the writings of Daniel so they would have known of this special apparition that would announce the arrival of the King of the Jews!

Even the smallest of stars ( a black hole or dead star) though not consume th eearth in flames would destroy the earth with its massive gravitational field.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you, of what spiritual significance is it to spend all the hours you did to try to pin down within 81 minutes ...
It was merely flipping through pages on the net, doing a search and came across this article/study that interested me. I read It and 15 minutes later, I shared it. It sounded plausible. I am not an astronomer, nor could really verify the information. It has just always been an unsolved mystery.
The information however wasn't entirely new to me. I spent much more time researching the Blood Moon Tetrad and then in 9-23-17, the sign in the heavens. People expected something to happen then, but nothing did. A sign like that could be like John baptizing _ in preparation of Jesus arrival.
I have studied eschatology for as long as I have been a Christian, 30 years and always have been drawn to it. The Second Coming is imminent and so the sign fit in with the times. And since this article connected the Rev. 12 scenario, which could have had a dual purpose (to announce His Second Coming and Birth), I thought it was beyond coincidence AND the other very significant events (creation and Noah's Bday) could have happened on the same day, Tishri 1.
We are all drawn to different topics. Knowing or not knowing His Bday does not effect my faith whatsoever, I am more drawn to the future events.

Reactions: marks

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 2:9-11 KJV
9) When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
10) When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
11) And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

I've never understood how a star in the sky could stand over a particular house.

Much love!
Right, which suggests an angel - since there were angels present at his birth. ?? I guess that will be one of the many questions we'll have for Him when we get there.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was merely flipping through pages on the net, doing a search and came across this article/study that interested me. I read It and 15 minutes later, I shared it. It sounded plausible. I am not an astronomer, nor could really verify the information. It has just always been an unsolved mystery.
The information however wasn't entirely new to me. I spent much more time researching the Blood Moon Tetrad and then in 9-23-17, the sign in the heavens. People expected something to happen then, but nothing did. A sign like that could be like John baptizing _ in preparation of Jesus arrival.
I have studied eschatology for as long as I have been a Christian, 30 years and always have been drawn to it. The Second Coming is imminent and so the sign fit in with the times. And since this article connected the Rev. 12 scenario, which could have had a dual purpose (to announce His Second Coming and Birth), I thought it was beyond coincidence AND the other very significant events (creation and Noah's Bday) could have happened on the same day, Tishri 1.
We are all drawn to different topics. Knowing or not knowing His Bday does not effect my faith whatsoever, I am more drawn to the future events.

Well I have been teaching eschatology on the college level for 35 years and have read myriads of "interpretations". Yes our Lords return is imminent but still may not happen in our lifetime. I will be teaching another year long study this fall.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I have been teaching eschatology on the college level for 35 years and have read myriads of "interpretations". Yes our Lords return is imminent but still may not happen in our lifetime. I will be teaching another year long study this fall.
Nice to have a scholarly input on board.