Church notification systems

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I was thinking of recommending our small church get a notification system, and I wounder if anyone has any experience with these.

I would like a system that calls the numbers from different groups and plays a recorded message to them. If a message could also be emailed or SMS texted that would be a nice bonus. Price and ease of use will likely be determining factors as to what I recommend.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Yep...most church notifications sent out where i live goes something like this...WHERE ARE YOU?

Doug_E_Fresh

gяελ нατ jεsμs ƒяεακ
Dec 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
dswdoctrine.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

I would recommend www.asana.com as a great collaboration tool. It's free for up to 15 people. They just released an IPhone App if you're into that.
If you want something that would tie into your email, you could possibly set-up a MS Exchange Server and a Cisco Unity Server for an IP-Phone infrastructure and send voicemails to e-mails, and forward those to your phone from the e-mail. A cheaper way might be to buy IP-Phones second hand, OR use a soft phone on the pc itself.

Have a good day!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Thank you for the suggestion.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lforrest said:
I was thinking of recommending our small church get a notification system, and I wounder if anyone has any experience with these.

I would like a system that calls the numbers from different groups and plays a recorded message to them. If a message could also be emailed or SMS texted that would be a nice bonus. Price and ease of use will likely be determining factors as to what I recommend.
Most telcos have this....it's called Voice mail and you can broadcast messages from it, normally from within the voicemail program. IF you get a voicemail message from anyone you can also forward it to others.

the last page of this link should be normal for most telcos;
http://www.telus.com/content/help/common/pdf/calling_features_user_guide.pdf