City pays hospital bill

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a man in Omaha was pulled over by police in a traffic stop. He shot a police officer and then was shot multiple times himself. He had no medical insurance. So the city is paying his bill. But my only question is this - the bill is close to half a million dollars and why is it so high??

If I have insurance and I get shot multiple times, does my insurance company actually pay half a million to the hospital?? Seriously?? This is stupendous...doctors, nurses and surgeons are worthy of their pay, but there is something wrong in this...

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@stunnedbygrace The trouble is, with us, I forget and try to 'make sense' out of a now crazy and upside down world.
Everything that is happening seems to be geared toward collapsing the economy,and bring countries to their knees.
It is working...the clock is ticking. :(

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stunnedbygrace
Yes, there is something wrong with it, but this is the system within which we live. There is apparently a tremendous amount of medical knowledge available, but there are some incompetent and/or ignorant people administering it, or even worse, treating people who really need help. For this someone is getting rich... but not in the things of God. This is another one of those good reasons to put our trust first in God.